[Question] Shenmue Models.

(Modding and other series related projects)

[Question] Shenmue Models.

Postby Adult » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Hello!

I am curious if there is a repository, archive/zip, or central location of shenmue Models+textures that are T shape and ready to rig?

I've poked around this forum, and some people seem to have tons of models already ripped -- and then there is a lot of topics from people struggling to get good rips.

Before I dive into ripping my own models I am reaching out to the regulars/vets so hopefully I can avoid reinventing the wheel and start dev/messing around with my Shenmue fangame idea :)

cheers, thanks in advance, and hopefully this post doesnt break any rules!
Adult
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: [Question] Shenmue Models.

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Adult wrote: Hello!

I am curious if there is a repository, archive/zip, or central location of shenmue Models+textures that are T shape and ready to rig?

I've poked around this forum, and some people seem to have tons of models already ripped -- and then there is a lot of topics from people struggling to get good rips.

Before I dive into ripping my own models I am reaching out to the regulars/vets so hopefully I can avoid reinventing the wheel and start dev/messing around with my Shenmue fangame idea :)

cheers, thanks in advance, and hopefully this post doesnt break any rules!

As far as I know, there might be a repo of models but it is not public maybe? As for them in T-Shape, not sure about that one. Ill contact someone who knows more than I do.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Adult » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Hey! Thanks for the reply and leg work. I really appreciate it. You are a handsome man, and a good person.

I'll be checking in on this thread daily-ish. If the repo is private, and needs to remain that way, I can keep a secret. Hit me in the DM :)
Adult
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Fenix » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 am

As far as I know, Shenmue models have problems and appears broken when you make a 3d capture. 3D Ripper works with Shenmue 2. Esppiral and Dotsona have models I think. But not sure actually.

My models are ripped from All Stars Racing and Transformed. All star Racings can be ripped directly in T pose using Ninja Ripper. Not the same for transformed.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

Adult wrote: Hey! Thanks for the reply and leg work. I really appreciate it.

No problem. No need to thank me.

Adult wrote:You are a handsome man, and a good person.

:oops: thanks. Honestly, I gained a bit of weight which I am trying to slim down on. But hey, I'll take the compliment. I wouldn't say I am a good person but I try :)

Fenix wrote:As far as I know, Shenmue models have problems and appears broken when you make a 3d capture. 3D Ripper works with Shenmue 2. Esppiral and Dotsona have models I think. But not sure actually.

My models are ripped from All Stars Racing and Transformed. All star Racings can be ripped directly in T pose using Ninja Ripper. Not the same for transformed.

Thanks for the reply bud.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Adult » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Fenix wrote: As far as I know, Shenmue models have problems and appears broken when you make a 3d capture. 3D Ripper works with Shenmue 2. Esppiral and Dotsona have models I think. But not sure actually.

How different are Shenmue 1 and 2 models? I mostly want Ryo, Tatsuya, Ren, Joy, and a bunch of the named/unnamed NPCs that walk around. Duck Race man, for instance.

How similar is the all star racing model compared to the original Shenmue 1/2 models?

also, how do I get in contact with Esppiral/Dotsona? Are they likely to share their rips?
Adult
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Fenix » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 am

Adult wrote:
Fenix wrote: As far as I know, Shenmue models have problems and appears broken when you make a 3d capture. 3D Ripper works with Shenmue 2. Esppiral and Dotsona have models I think. But not sure actually.

How different are Shenmue 1 and 2 models? I mostly want Ryo, Tatsuya, Ren, Joy, and a bunch of the named/unnamed NPCs that walk around. Duck Race man, for instance.

How similar is the all star racing model compared to the original Shenmue 1/2 models?

also, how do I get in contact with Esppiral/Dotsona? Are they likely to share their rips?

You should ask them.

About model format:
Shenmue are MT5.
Shenmue II are MT7.

Shenmue use backface culling or whatever is called. That means 3D Ripper will only capture what you see on the screen and it will ignore any mesh you don't have on the screen (the front side of Ryo for example). Shenmue II model doesn't have that problem.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Adult wrote: Hello!

This is a Wheel I invented(with help), its a NullDc, DxRipper,Python,Blender,3DsMax sort of Nighmare that will break your mental state into a thousand pieces and leave you hating yourself, shenmue and everything else in the universe

Infos here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47432

personally its the kind of headache that makes me want to wait 6 years for someone to create a model extrator that works with characters ](*,)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Return to Community Projects