Can Shenmue I run from an SD Card?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Can Shenmue I run from an SD Card?

Postby Kengami » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 am

Got a little question: the GDEMU really sounds intriguing, but apparently it is super hard to get one of those, since its maker only ever can produce a small quantity. udnerstandably so, since this is a private venture. Nonetheless, I checked on ebay and prices for this little wonder are insane. Does anyone know how often the creator makes the GDEMU available for purchase?! I know you could also isntall an HDD/SSD, but I am not a fan of all the soldering and stuff. GDEMU is just a perfect solution. Thx!
Kengami
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: kengami
Steam: kengami
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jibby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:59 am

Kengami wrote: Got a little question: the GDEMU really sounds intriguing, but apparently it is super hard to get one of those, since its maker only ever can produce a small quantity. udnerstandably so, since this is a private venture. Nonetheless, I checked on ebay and prices for this little wonder are insane. Does anyone know how often the creator makes the GDEMU available for purchase?! I know you could also isntall an HDD/SSD, but I am not a fan of all the soldering and stuff. GDEMU is just a perfect solution. Thx!

It's really tricky to get one. He opens pre-orders a few times a year and then they sell out really fast (apparently his last batch sold out in less than 5 minutes). Your best bet would probably see if you can find a way to get a notification every time he posts on his Wordpress site.

There's also the USB-GDROM which is similar in nature to the GDEMU except it uses USB sticks instead of SD cards. From what I hear it's easier to order one, but I've also heard that they guy's communication is pretty bad (broken English and slow response time). Nevertheless, here's a link if you're interested: http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kengami » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 am

much appreciated, thx mate! did not know about the other device. Yeah his english is pretty much broken, but the device looks good, too!

Kengami has received a thanks from: Jibby
Kengami
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: kengami
Steam: kengami

Postby Jibby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am

No worries, best of luck!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Does the USB one, sound 10x better, because he's making it sound 10x better, because it's his device haha? I love that table comparison he has, he literally pokes fun at the GDEMU :D
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Jibby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm

James Brown wrote: Does the USB one, sound 10x better, because he's making it sound 10x better, because it's his device haha? I love that table comparison he has, he literally pokes fun at the GDEMU :D

My personal favourite is:
Design: USBGDROM - Excellent , GDEMU - Bad
Totally not bias at all :rotflmao:
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Community Projects