SHENMUE GAIDEN: CHRISTMAS EVENT

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN: CHRISTMAS EVENT

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 am

ShenSun wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: Yes, it says a font could not be found. I can't screenshot the error itself... kb died, waiting for a new one lol.

No problem. I updated the opening post with the font and installation instructions. That should hopefully address all issues. If you run into any other problems, let me know.

Happy new year Anonymous81

That fixed it! Thanks! This is awesome and, without spoiling it, hilarious! Amazing work! My face hurts from smiling lol.

Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi ShenSun!

I just had the opportunity to play your game today in between some of the 3D modelling/printing projects I had going on throughout the day and all I can say is... WOW!

I feel like you captured the vibe and atmos of shenmue incredibly well, and I like the sense of community happening between the characters, it was very fun to see and participate (as myself!) in. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and the experience felt very immersive.

As anonymous81 above me says, a lot of moments were incredibly funny and entertaining, and I found myself laughing out loud throughout.

(Perhaps because I had to pause at some moments during gameplay) but I wanted to acknowledge that the lapse of time felt incredible and it genuinely gave me the sense that I went through a whole day in Shenmue-land.

Love how Chai was scrooge, thought that was really cool. Also enjoyed that beautiful moment during the dream sequence, and I almost choked on my drink when I saw the likes of Goro and Kazuma and all the one-liners! And I love how you fleshed out characters like santa

It's very nicely put together with so much love and care, it left me with a smile throughout and after. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, I didn't really have many breaks this holiday (and I wasn't in the mood to play anything on my console either) so having this bitesize yet big-on-heart experience has left me with something very memorable and positive for my holidays.

Thanks again, I look forward to all that's yet to come from you and the community. Love and respect, keep friends with those you close to you x

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, ShenSun
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Awesome work bud! I will stream this, on the Twitch Channel this Thursday! If you want to make a promo banner for it, I can put it on the channel! :D

Peter has received 5 thanks from: Anonymous81, FlagshipFighter, Jibby, Monkei, ShenSun
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Peter wrote: Awesome work bud! I will stream this, on the Twitch Channel this Thursday! If you want to make a promo banner for it, I can put it on the channel! :D

Excellent news (this should make for a hilarious stream!) I look forward to this greatly!
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby ShenSun » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 am

Peter wrote: Awesome work bud! I will stream this, on the Twitch Channel this Thursday! If you want to make a promo banner for it, I can put it on the channel! :D

Thanks alot Peter. Ill be sure to tune in. Should make a interesting watch. Ill look into the banner.

DEVILLE_David wrote: Oh, great ! I'll try it out asap. :D

Awesome. Have fun david.

FlagshipFighter wrote: Hi ShenSun!

I just had the opportunity to play your game today in between some of the 3D modelling/printing projects I had going on throughout the day and all I can say is... WOW!

I feel like you captured the vibe and atmos of shenmue incredibly well, and I like the sense of community happening between the characters, it was very fun to see and participate (as myself!) in. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and the experience felt very immersive.

As anonymous81 above me says, a lot of moments were incredibly funny and entertaining, and I found myself laughing out loud throughout.

(Perhaps because I had to pause at some moments during gameplay) but I wanted to acknowledge that the lapse of time felt incredible and it genuinely gave me the sense that I went through a whole day in Shenmue-land.

Love how Chai was scrooge, thought that was really cool. Also enjoyed that beautiful moment during the dream sequence, and I almost choked on my drink when I saw the likes of Goro and Kazuma and all the one-liners! And I love how you fleshed out characters like santa

It's very nicely put together with so much love and care, it left me with a smile throughout and after. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, I didn't really have many breaks this holiday (and I wasn't in the mood to play anything on my console either) so having this bitesize yet big-on-heart experience has left me with something very memorable and positive for my holidays.

Thanks again, I look forward to all that's yet to come from you and the community. Love and respect, keep friends with those you close to you x

Wow, Thank you so much for the kind words. Im so pleased it made a postive impression on you and everyone else.

My intention for the game was to make everyone smile and have a fun enjoyable experience at the sametime.

I tried to put alot of care into all the scenes, which was probably the hardest part of the process. Should i make this scene 0.5 seconds long or 2 seconds? Does this bg image convey the emotion of the background music? Are the character interactions communicating that friendly christmas "togetherness" feeling? Does this sound effect match this action? Should "character A" slide in or fade in? Change background/scene here or wait? Do the interactions sound genuwine? should i put a voice line here for further imersion? Does this seem odd? too much? Scale back? Choice of music? Etc. I applied the same logic to the menus and loading screens aswell.

the final difficulty being, does it all flow together in a congruent natural way or is it lackin/disjointed in certain areas.

The game is far from perfect, but im please with the result and pleased that the idea i had in my head transferred well into fan game.

I look forward to improving the visual novel formula futher.

Thanks for the detail kind response. Really appreciate it. No doubt the two christmas villians will return at the end of 2017 for some more chaos. :)

Happy new year.

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, FlagshipFighter
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jibby » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Can't wait to see this!

Jibby has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Switch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 am

ShenSun, I've done a post on my blog to help promote your awesome game.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... t-new.html

Switch has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Great work Shensun!!!!! This looks so awesome! (Also love the name in the preview pics :D )
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby DrakePain » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm

This was great, really enjoyed it. Santa gave me the best present ever! \:D/

DrakePain has received a thanks from: ShenSun
DrakePain
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: SDG2013
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby ShenSun » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Switch wrote: ShenSun, I've done a post on my blog to help promote your awesome game.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... t-new.html

Thanks a million Switch for the awesome article. That really made my day.

DrakePain wrote: This was great, really enjoyed it. Santa gave me the best present ever! \:D/

Most definitely.

shengoro86 wrote: Great work Shensun!!!!! This looks so awesome! (Also love the name in the preview pics :D )

I wonder who its referencing lol ;-)
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:40 pm

This will be streamed live on the Dojo Twitch Channel in 20 minutes!

www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

Peter has received a thanks from: ShenSun
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby ShenSun » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:30 am

Peter wrote: This will be streamed live on the Dojo Twitch Channel in 20 minutes!

http://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

Many thanks to Peter and everyone on the stream last night. That was so much fun and a pleasure to watch.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am

It was sensational!! I enjoyed every minute of it! The design, the story, the wit and jokes. It was a pleasure! Honestly, amazing job Shensun and everyone else involved!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, ShenSun
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to Community Projects