Shenmue I, Shenmue II & What's Shenmue Widescreen HEX hack.

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue I, Shenmue II & What's Shenmue Widescreen HEX hack.

Postby Esppiral » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi I bring you an hex fix to patch a Shenmue I 1ST_READ.BIN/ISO/GDI/CDI.

This hex hack will make Shenmue display in Widescreen aspect ratio without clipping or glitches unlike NullDC extra geometry option or previous action replay codes, it will basically render the extra geometry necessary for 16:9 TV's.

The hack works great on emulators, as do on a real Dreamcast. (Click Show for download links)

Shenmue PAL Disc 1 (GDI) - FireDrop | Mega.nz
Shenmue PAL Disc 2 (GDI - FireDrop | Mega.nz
Shenmue PAL Disc 3 (GDI) - FireDrop | Mega.nz
Shenmue PAL PassPort (GDI) - FireDrop | Mega.nz
ISOZONE: http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... -esppiral/

SHENMUE, E MK-5105950, V1.00120001005

So with an hex editor find and replace the following values.

Value 1
Code: Select all
Find

CCCCCC3D AAAAAA3F
Replace

CCCCCC3D 398EE33F

Render fix
Code: Select all
Find

203F090C 8BC78AD4 FFE55224 51145214
Replace

303F090C 8BC78AD4 FFE55224 51145214

Render Fix
Code: Select all
Find

09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 00000000 00000000 00000000

Replace

09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 00008C42 0000F042 0000803F 0000803F 09000900 09000900 09000900 09000900 0000803F 0000803F 0000803F


Old Widescreen hack
Image

New Widescreen hack
Image




Image
Image

Image
Image
Last edited by Esppiral on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Sappharad » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Care to provide the Action Replay / Codebreaker version of this, so it can be used by people with original discs?

If not I can go ahead and convert later, just want to give you the opportunity to post it if you were planning on it.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: October 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:13 am

If you camera hack and zoom out , how much of the geom stays?
The Shenmue Scrolls (Skyrim Mod) Project is canceled as I have started to learn Unreal Engine 4.
I may start a Shenmue Remake Project after Shenmue3 is released.
User avatar
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: November 2009
Location: North Wales (UK)
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Himuro » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:09 am

Amazing. Have the intro available in video form in hd widescreen?
Himuro
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: May 2006

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 am

@Esppiral
are you any closer to finding out how to prevent the HUD from stretching?
User avatar
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: November 2008

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby masterchan777 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Thank you Esppiral for this great finding ...

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]



I made a simple patch that makes this new & improved hack much easier to apply without the need of manually editing any files:

This is only for PAL GDI version of Shenmue.

1- Download & extract the patch zip from this link.
2- Copy track06.bin from each original GDI disc into the correct extracted "Disc#" folder (e.g. track06.bin from original disc 1 GDI folder into the extracted Disc1 folder).
3- Copy track07.bin from original GDI Passport disc into the extracted Passport folder.
4- Run patch.bat.
5- Copy track06.bin from the correct "Disc#/Fixed" folder back to GDI disc folder (e.g. track06.bin from Disc1/Fixed folder back into original disc 1 GDI folder).
6- Copy track07.bin from Passport/Fixed folder back into the original GDI Passport folder.
7- Play & Enjoy ...

Note: Always backup your original files.
Last edited by masterchan777 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

masterchan777 has received 5 thanks from: Esppiral, Himuro, Mr357, ner0, ReeceKun
User avatar
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: April 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Mr357 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm

masterchan777 wrote: Thank you @Esppiral for this great find ...

I made a simple patch that makes this new & improved hack much easier to apply without the need of manually editing any files:

This is only for PAL GDI version of Shenmue.

1- Download & extract the patch zip from this link.
2- Copy track06.bin from each original GDI disc into the correct extracted "Disc#" folder (e.g. track06.bin from original disc 1 GDI folder into the extracted Disc1 folder).
3- Copy track07.bin from original GDI Passport disc into the extracted Passport folder.
4- Run patch.bat.
5- Copy track06.bin from the correct "Disc#/Fixed" folder back to GDI disc folder (e.g. track06.bin from Disc1/Fixed folder back into original disc 1 GDI folder).
6- Copy track07.bin from Passport/Fixed folder back into the original GDI Passport folder.
7- Play & Enjoy ...

Note: Always backup your original files.


Unfortunately, that link is no good. It leads to an "empty folder."
User avatar
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: March 2015
Location: United States
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Esppiral » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:58 pm

masterchan777 wrote: Thank you @Esppiral for this great find ...

I made a simple patch that makes this new & improved hack much easier to apply without the need of manually editing any files:

This is only for PAL GDI version of Shenmue.

1- Download & extract the patch zip from this link.
2- Copy track06.bin from each original GDI disc into the correct extracted "Disc#" folder (e.g. track06.bin from original disc 1 GDI folder into the extracted Disc1 folder).
3- Copy track07.bin from original GDI Passport disc into the extracted Passport folder.
4- Run patch.bat.
5- Copy track06.bin from the correct "Disc#/Fixed" folder back to GDI disc folder (e.g. track06.bin from Disc1/Fixed folder back into original disc 1 GDI folder).
6- Copy track07.bin from Passport/Fixed folder back into the original GDI Passport folder.
7- Play & Enjoy ...

Note: Always backup your original files.



Nice! but I am pretty sure the passport will need a different hack since it does not share the same 1ST_READ.bin as the main game.

johnvivant wrote: @Esppiral
are you any closer to finding out how to prevent the HUD from stretching?


I have some elements of the menu fixed, but I don't know If I will keep trying to fix it since it is tedious.

ReeceKun wrote: If you camera hack and zoom out , how much of the geom stays?


This is not a camera hack, this hack "tells" the game to actually render more geometry, we can even change the draw distance.

Anyway the camera is also hackable, and when you do so, the games renders eveything, but! a camera hack will only work during gameplay, not cutscenes, since the ingame camera is not used during cutscenes.

Himuro wrote: Amazing. Have the intro available in video form in hd widescreen?


Nope, but I did a comparison between previous hacks and this new hack, as soon as it is uploaded I will post it.
Image
User avatar
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby masterchan777 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Unfortunately, that link is no good. It leads to an "empty folder."


Link has been fixed
User avatar
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: April 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby masterchan777 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Esppiral wrote:
Nice! but I am pretty sure the passport will need a different hack since it does not share the same 1ST_READ.bin as the main game.


That's true, two of the three patches can be applied to Passport's 1ST_READ.bin, and from early testing it seems to run fine so far.
User avatar
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: April 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Esppiral » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Sappharad wrote: Care to provide the Action Replay / Codebreaker version of this, so it can be used by people with original discs?

If not I can go ahead and convert later, just want to give you the opportunity to post it if you were planning on it.


I'd appreciate it.

Here it is the Cheat engine table to make things easier.

https://mega.nz/#!FZBDjbKK!HsqYjfQBkUXQ ... snc18AoAvM
Image

Esppiral has received a thanks from: Sappharad
User avatar
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Sappharad » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:34 am

Esppiral wrote:
Sappharad wrote: Care to provide the Action Replay / Codebreaker version of this, so it can be used by people with original discs?

If not I can go ahead and convert later, just want to give you the opportunity to post it if you were planning on it.


I'd appreciate it.

Here it is the Cheat engine table to make things easier.

https://mega.nz/#!FZBDjbKK!HsqYjfQBkUXQ ... snc18AoAvM

Thanks. I just saw your post on Assembler, with both this code and the updated one for Shenmue 2. Since I only own the US version of 1, I attempted to port the Shenmue 2 code. For some reason, it does nothing. Not sure on the cause yet, I'll need to do some research again when I have time later in the week as there shouldn't be any reason why it won't work.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: October 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 pm

@masterchan

thanks for your work. the patch is only for shenmue 1? if so can you also make patch for shenmue 2? Tahnks! :)
User avatar
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: July 2015

Re: Shenmue I Widescreen ISo/Hex patch

Postby Esppiral » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

What's Shenmue (Widescreen HEX Patch)

Value 1

Code: Select all
Find
AAAAAA3F 70A0190C 3C90090C 0CA2080C
Replace
398EE33F 70A0190C 3C90090C 0CA2080C


Value 2
Code: Select all
Find
44B71E0C BA87090C 48B71E0C A0FB080C
Replace
44B71E0C BA87090C 48B71E0C B0FB080C


Value 3
Code: Select all
Find
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 862F962F A62FB62F C62F4369 D62FE62F
Replace
00008C42 A0FB080C 0000803f 0000803f 862F962F A62FB62F C62F4369 D62FE62F
Image

Esppiral has received 2 thanks from: lDarkWarriorl, masterchan777
User avatar
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: May 2012
PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Re: Shenmue I & What's Shenmue Widescreen Iso/Hex patch

Postby masterchan777 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:11 pm

I made another patch for What's Shenmue, this will apply the new widescreen hack by Esppiral without the need of manually editing any files:

This is only for the GDI version of What's Shenmue patched with the latest English Translation v1.0.4:

1- Download & extract the patch zip from this link.
2- Copy track09.bin from original GDI disc into the extracted "WShenmue_E" folder.
3- Run patch.bat.
4- Copy track09.bin from "WShenmue_E/Fixed" folder back into the original GDI folder.
5- Play & Enjoy ...

Note: Always backup your original files.

masterchan777 has received a thanks from: Esppiral
User avatar
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: April 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Community Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net