Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

Postby SPG » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm

A few issues relating to Shenmue 3 that I've being thinking for a while and decided to get off my chest.

Any comments, likes and subscriptions are greatly appreciated.

*** Video Removed ***
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:06 am

No. Sod off with that bullshit mentality..That's such a stupid question.

An indie game not having AAA graphics does.not make it a scam.

You not seeing many screen shots or videos of a game that's only been in full production for a few years does not mean its a scam.

It means it is a game that is being developed.

ShenmueTree has received 3 thanks from: RenDur89, SheepheadCG, Sonne2
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby T-POH™ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 am

Is that your real voice? Like, not even a trolling voice? If it is, I seriously recommend you throw yourself infront of a bus. You'd be doin yourself and humanity a favor. No one deserves to ever have their ears polluted with that noise.
T-POH™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: in the mud with my sister

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: No. Sod off with that bullshit mentality..That's such a stupid question.

An indie game not having AAA graphics does.not make it a scam.

You not seeing many screen shots or videos of a game that's only been in full production for a few years does not mean its a scam.

It means it is a game that is being developed.

Hi, that was one issue but far from the only one. Do you have a stance on the other issues I pointed out in the video? Thanks for replying.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:14 pm

T-POH™ wrote: Is that your real voice? Like, not even a trolling voice? If it is, I seriously recommend you throw yourself infront of a bus. You'd be doin yourself and humanity a favor. No one deserves to ever have their ears polluted with that noise.

I see you're going to be a real asset to the community...
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby T-POH™ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 pm

SPG wrote:
T-POH™ wrote: Is that your real voice? Like, not even a trolling voice? If it is, I seriously recommend you throw yourself infront of a bus. You'd be doin yourself and humanity a favor. No one deserves to ever have their ears polluted with that noise.

Like yourself? The difference is your trolling is yawn. I mean, it's the boring type of troll that makes you just want to finger your own bum in disappointment. Posting on a Shenmue forum saying it's a scam, alongside a GTA video. Took you long enough to think that one up. But judging by your voice, you do sound like one of those mongoloids in those retard villages who can't stop eating his own shit because it looks like chocolate.

At this point in time, you have 2 options left on this glorious hallowed ground:

1.Send me a pic of of your arse in a PM. My sister oddly enjoys the spastic voice you have. Said it makes her wet which makes me very happy and we can come to some sort of arrangement.

2. Delete your shitty YouTube video. Delete your shitty YouTube channel. Accept the fact no one likes you, you have smegma on the end of your knob because you don't wash. You are a failure in life, and at least try to kill yourself in an original manner instead of just hanging yourself. Maybe get an STD off a transvestite midget with one ball.
T-POH™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: in the mud with my sister

Postby Abraham_1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 pm

T-POH™ wrote:
SPG wrote:

Like yourself? The difference is your trolling is yawn. I mean, it's the boring type of troll that makes you just want to finger your own bum in disappointment. Posting on a Shenmue forum saying it's a scam, alongside a GTA video. Took you long enough to think that one up. But judging by your voice, you do sound like one of those mongoloids in those retard villages who can't stop eating his own shit because it looks like chocolate.

At this point in time, you have 2 options left on this glorious hallowed ground:

1.Send me a pic of of your arse in a PM. My sister oddly enjoys the spastic voice you have. Said it makes her wet which makes me very happy and we can come to some sort of arrangement.

2. Delete your shitty YouTube video. Delete your shitty YouTube channel. Accept the fact no one likes you, you have smegma on the end of your knob because you don't wash. You are a failure in life, and at least try to kill yourself in an original manner instead of just hanging yourself. Maybe get an STD off a transvestite midget with one ball.

Dude relax, this guy is just giving his opinion on Shenmue 3’s development and I do believe that there are some parts of it which are a little alarming.

However, from what I have seen, I would not say Shenmue 3 is a scam. I have hope that it will be an awesome game, but, at the same time, I am aware of the budgetary problems it is encountering and am therefore prepared if it does not live up to expectations.

Overall, I’m an optimistic person so it is my belief that Shenmue 3 will be great. Yes there are concerns, but a click bait title like ‘Is Shenmue 3 a scam’ helps no one.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby SheepheadCG » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am

This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Noone should be trying to defend him... the videos are shit and the guy himself is a toxic moron. Mods please close this thread and ban the dude lol. He is spreading misinformation to try and tarnish Shenmue.

What kind of idiot thinks that Yu has run off with the money from the Kickstarter... Jesus. What a shit troll.

SheepheadCG has received 4 thanks from: Enigma, Let's Get Sweaty, SickOctopus, Sonne2
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby ys » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 am

ys has received 4 thanks from: Abraham_1, Jibby, KiBa, Mr357
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Enigma » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:15 am

Thank you so much for exposing this! I have managed to get away from the alien mother ship and have only a minute to spare...

Yes, Shenmue 3 is indeed a scam. Suzuki ran away with our money as soon as the Kickstarter was finished and all footage that we have seen is fake. Suzuki used our money to persuade alien visitors to bring about the apocalypse and the aliens are now posing as YS Net!

Oh no! They've found me. DON'T SUPPORT THIS! DON'T -
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby KiBa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi. SPG. Thank you for taking the time to make this video and share it with us, your humble Shenmates. I quite like your style of driving around in GTA5 while commenting on these issues that worry you. Your 'To Live and Work...' videos are mesmerizing. I like being mesmerized. It was almost an ASMR experience. You should do more.

We share many points of agreement. Dreamcast was the best console release ever; not just the hardware, but the whole magic of its promise and its unique lineup, like Shenmue.

However, I disagree with your ethical assessment of the Shenmue 3 crowdfunding process and, particularly, Yu Suzuki's handling of it. Without going into too much detail -- because I don't have time right now, sadly -- you referenced Yu Suzuki's refusal to reward Paypal contributors and mentioned that 100% of people polled thought Paypal contributors ought to receive something extra from the project. Suffice it to say, I agree with Yu Suzuki on this point. The Kickstarter had a clear reward system for contributors. That exclusivity should stay with Kickstarter supporters. To offer rewards to people who did not initially fund the game takes away all the steam from any possible future Shenmue 4 drive, and would be unfair to those who immediately acted to save the series 2 years ago. The fact is, after Shenmue 3 was announced, I threw money at the Kickstarter, then retreated into a deep meditative state, where I shall generally remain undisturbed until the game is completed and released. Therefore, I was unaware of any Paypal drive and subsequent community poll till now. This shows it was only 100% of people polled, probably all Paypal contributors who missed the Kickstarter. This is not an accurate reading of the general will of the community. Furthermore, my vote alone counts as 50% of the community because I co-hosted the 2017 Shenmue Dojo Awards. Two words: inclusion rider.

KiBa has received a thanks from: nskachu
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Birty » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:01 pm

TEEPO, is this you? :P
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Noone should be trying to defend him... the videos are shit and the guy himself is a toxic moron. Mods please close this thread and ban the dude lol. He is spreading misinformation to try and tarnish Shenmue.

What kind of idiot thinks that Yu has run off with the money from the Kickstarter... Jesus. What a shit troll.

Hi,

1. You can't like your own video on YouTube.

2. How am I spreading misinformation? I've simply stated how the campaign was set up and what I find fishy about it.

3. You've ignored all the points I made in the video and chosen to imply what I said instead.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 pm

KiBa wrote: Hi. SPG. Thank you for taking the time to make this video and share it with us, your humble Shenmates. I quite like your style of driving around in GTA5 while commenting on these issues that worry you. Your 'To Live and Work...' videos are mesmerizing. I like being mesmerized. It was almost an ASMR experience. You should do more.

We share many points of agreement. Dreamcast was the best console release ever; not just the hardware, but the whole magic of its promise and its unique lineup, like Shenmue.

However, I disagree with your ethical assessment of the Shenmue 3 crowdfunding process and, particularly, Yu Suzuki's handling of it. Without going into too much detail -- because I don't have time right now, sadly -- you referenced Yu Suzuki's refusal to reward Paypal contributors and mentioned that 100% of people polled thought Paypal contributors ought to receive something extra from the project. Suffice it to say, I agree with Yu Suzuki on this point. The Kickstarter had a clear reward system for contributors. That exclusivity should stay with Kickstarter supporters. To offer rewards to people who did not initially fund the game takes away all the steam from any possible future Shenmue 4 drive, and would be unfair to those who immediately acted to save the series 2 years ago. The fact is, after Shenmue 3 was announced, I threw money at the Kickstarter, then retreated into a deep meditative state, where I shall generally remain undisturbed until the game is completed and released. Therefore, I was unaware of any Paypal drive and subsequent community poll till now. This shows it was only 100% of people polled, probably all Paypal contributors who missed the Kickstarter. This is not an accurate reading of the general will of the community. Furthermore, my vote alone counts as 50% of the community because I co-hosted the 2017 Shenmue Dojo Awards. Two words: inclusion rider.

Hi, I have to disagree. I don't think it matters when (in time) people contributed to the project. With Shenmue being a cult classic maybe people didn't hear about the kickstarter. For me with Shemue 3 being 'proposed,' as a community project it doesn't matter when people contributed, they should have being eligible. Now, if someone contributed now, then thats a different matter, but to me it becomes a logistical matter. The actual act of manufacturing and shipping the items. The PayPal system was too close to the Kickstarter campaign for me for there to be a difference.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KyoSune » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:41 am

SPG wrote:
SheepheadCG wrote: This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Hi,

1. You can't like your own video on YouTube.

2. How am I spreading misinformation? I've simply stated how the campaign was set up and what I find fishy about it.

3. You've ignored all the points I made in the video and chosen to imply what I said instead.

I can't speak for the other guy, but I'd like to make a few points here.

1. You CAN like your own video, I tested that on one of my videos no longer than 3 minutes ago. But honestly, I don't think I really care if you did or not, the point is: "You can."

2. I wouldn't consider this spreading misinformation, but I don't think you covered ALL the basis to make a fully accurate deduction whether or not it is or is not a scam.

For example, Shenmue III has held one of the records for Kickstarter. Clearly, people want the demand and they will provide whatever final product comes our way. It is a HUGE negative for Yu Suzuki to even consider canceling the project, taking the money and saying: "Screw you" to the fans. That would bring in MAJOR distrust from the fans and Kickstarter themselves will suffer dearly for it.

"How?" You may ask me. Very simple for two reasons.

(1.) Kickstarter is already seen as a pretty distrustful place with very few successful projects coming from it while 1000s (may be hyperbole, but you get the point) have been canceled for many different reasons, scummy or heartbreaking otherwise. Shenmue III with Yu Suzuki having full reigns and permission from SEGA would be Kickstarter's 'saving grace' as it were. Proving to other people that something big like say... Another Shenmue game? Would be successful and put their concerns to rest. (Seriously though, look around on Youtube, Google, Ask(whatever), there are plenty videos and articles about Kickstarters being scams and yours is no different.)

(2.) Yu Suzuki isn't stupid. Nor is he willing to high tail it if things go wrong. He said many times in interviews before Shenmue III was revealed in 2015 that he was regretful not having to continue the series due to complications. If things DO end up going wrong, we'll hear about it and discuss then. But I have confidence that it won't lead to that. The quality of the game is to be determined until the game finally does come out and we play it for ourselves.

Until then, I will say this: No, I don't believe for a second that it is a scam.

Nerve-wracking? Perhaps, but we won't know how to react until more info or the game itself comes out. And that isn't until probably next year.
KyoSune
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Ashlives247
Steam: KyoSunbringerPrince
Currently playing: Shenmue (JPN Dub)

Return to Community Projects