Interview with Creator of the You Arcade Diorama

(Modding and other series related projects)

Interview with Creator of the You Arcade Diorama

Postby Switch » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 am

Earlier this year, a talented Shenmue fan and model hobbyist in Japan completed an amazingly-accurate scale model diorama recreation of the interior of Shenmue's You Arcade, which I'm sure many will have seen.

I got in touch by email with the fan who created the diorama to ask what prompted him to embark on such a project and find out exactly how it was made.
Q: To start with, please tell us a bit about yourself.

HS: My real name is Hiroaki Suzuki. I teach the drums in Japan and as a hobby I mold figures and build model kits.

Q: What does Shenmue mean for you? What memories do you have about playing Shenmue?

HS: I came across Shenmue when I was about 12 or 13 years old. The first time I played, I found it hard and I remember spending all my time playing at the You Arcade.

Shenmue has taught me many things: to be thoughtful to those around you; the wonderfulness of helping each other; and the importance of making an effort.

In my work now as an instructor, I hope I’m able to pass on some of the things I grew to feel through Shenmue.

Interview continues here:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/0 ... ma-of.html
Last edited by Switch on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Switch has received 6 thanks from: Amir, Jibby, Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Nankeiro, Spaghetti
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Interview with Creator of the You Arcade Diorama

Postby Nankeiro » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks for the interview. It's so dedicated and well done. Congrats to the creator.

Nankeiro has received a thanks from: Switch
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Community Projects