Shenmue 1 unnoficial Xbox port research

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue 1 unnoficial Xbox port research

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

So, I was speaking to a good friend of mine today, and we were discussing the possibilities of modding Shenmue 1 assets into Shenmue 2 on the PC side of things. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Since d3t basically already ported over the entirety of Shenmue 1 into the Xbox port of Shenmue 2, and they are both on PC now, what is the likelihood that these assets from Shenmue 1 would at least be able to be used in Shenmue 2 Xbox? The more I started thinking, I was wondering how feasible it would be, to have an unofficial Shenmue 1 port on the original Xbox using Shenmue 2 and reverse engineering it?

I know the game is a little more than a month and a half away at this point, but speculation and getting the input from other community members might help make this a reality?

I mean I can't believe it took me even this long to realize how much of a possibility this could be?

I have never modded Shenmue myself at all, but I am a modder for Battlefield 2 on PC, and have already released 2 total conversion mods of my own and currently working on my third recreating Battlefield 1942 in the BF2 engine. So I have a little background on stuff like this, but I am not a coder, and I think some coding would have to be done possibly but honestly not completely sure.

Again, just wanting to get a discussion started around this and to hear what the community thinks about this so share your thoughts below.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Return to Community Projects