drug dealer
smuggler
gang leader.

:lol:
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby pikecon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:29 pm

speaking of pimps and ho's i don't think jobs will matter in Guilin, i mean there's almost NO use for it there, and if there was, Ryo would already have a bunch from winning those street fights in kowloon
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:24 pm

o_O imagine Ryo fishing, chasing rabbits, and picking up vegetables in QTE style that would be cool XD
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Forklift#5 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm

GET THE FUCKING FORKLIFTS BACK...IF THERE ARE NO FORKLIFTS IN SHENMUE III I WILL CRY...IT WILL BE A SAD TIME FOR ME...BECAUSE I LOVE THE FORKLIFTS!!!!!!!!!
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:26 pm

why would they have forklifts in a town that is mainly based on agriculture and the ppl can barely afford medicine?
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Paul » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:25 am

pikecon wrote:speaking of pimps and ho's i don't think jobs will matter in Guilin, i mean there's almost NO use for it there, and if there was, Ryo would already have a bunch from winning those street fights in kowloon

How do pimps and ho's remind you of gui lin? I don't want to know how your mind works!
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Ryo's jobs suck!!

Postby Silas » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:35 am

pikecon wrote:Don't you just hate carrying crates? I mean it consists of fuckin useless left, right button presses. Why do you have to press a direction FOUR TIMES just to move slightly in that direction. Are Delin & Congo blind in one eye? Plus the homoerotic grunts they cough out are pretty damn annoying too. You can't carry more than six crates throughout the whole shift, which sucks ass if you want money. I also ask myself, did they intentionally want to make me gay when I carry crates? I mean the odd placement of the commands has you constantly looking at Ryo's ass for the whole duration of the job. The most boring one however is working at the game stands. They made Ryo sound like an idiot when he's practically shouting at no one to challenge him to a game. The pay sucks, and the guys who play you are always a baseball jock, an old man, and a fruitcake wearing a hawaiin T-shirt. What's up with the male only players too? I just miss the forklifts..... they were in the introduction on the way in to Hong Kong and your not allowed to enter that area for a retarded reason.
Sorry, I felt this deserved posting on the second page, too. pikecon that was one hysterical post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mistake no. 1: showing us a working forklift in the opening sequences. That got our hopes up, which were painfully dashed when we started the actual job.

Mistake no. 2: I don't think the basic concept of crate carrying was all that bad, but in actual execution it was very badly designed. Not only can you not ever carry more than 6 crates, it's remarkably difficult to carry fewer than 6 crates, even on your first try! There is a complete absence of a reward progression which makes it worthwhile improving your performance so that you never drop the crates. If you drop the crate you lose valuable seconds while Delin chides you. If you don't drop the crate, you lose the same valuable seconds while Delin praises you!

Mistake no. 3: This applies to crate carrying and book carrying. Although the QTE system allowed Ryo to indulge in a completely through-animated activity whilst maintaining user input during essential elements of the plot progression, I believe that what AM2 have proved is that QTE is not actually suitable as a medium for a work based subgame. To get enjoyment out of "working" during a game, you have to have an element of building up a skill for the benefit of increasing rewards. That's why the peacework system with the forklifts in Shenmue was such a good idea. QTE simply does not provide the kind of scope for skill development that provides the right level of satisfaction.

As for patchinko, I think I "got" it in the end, but the first time I played I thought, my god they really have ruined Shenmue! (Esp after the first crate session.) You select a point, press A and ..... watch a ball bouncing down to the bottom. As an occasional bit of fun (and much more use in collecting toys than making money) it's ok, but I really found the aspect of working the stands tedious in the extreme.

I wouldn't have minded seeing the forklifts back, but I really hoped that they would come up with some other similar thing (ie involving driving, at least) without being exactly the same job. Instead it is exactly the same job, without the fun part! :evil:
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Ryo's jobs suck!!

Postby Master Tao » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:57 am

pikecon wrote:Don't you just hate carrying crates? I mean it consists of fuckin useless left, right button presses. Why do you have to press a direction FOUR TIMES just to move slightly in that direction. Are Delin & Congo blind in one eye? Plus the homoerotic grunts they cough out are pretty damn annoying too. You can't carry more than six crates throughout the whole shift, which sucks ass if you want money. I also ask myself, did they intentionally want to make me gay when I carry crates? I mean the odd placement of the commands has you constantly looking at Ryo's ass for the whole duration of the job. The most boring one however is working at the game stands. They made Ryo sound like an idiot when he's practically shouting at no one to challenge him to a game. The pay sucks, and the guys who play you are always a baseball jock, an old man, and a fruitcake wearing a hawaiin T-shirt. What's up with the male only players too? I just miss the forklifts..... they were in the introduction on the way in to Hong Kong and your not allowed to enter that area for a retarded reason.

Hahahahahahahaha wow it's like you read my mind or somethin. I'm movin the crates and I'm like, why the heck are they making me look at his behind, do they want me to be gay or somethin? And I hate that stupid man shouting out commands at me, I'd rather a forklift any day. I really hope they bring back forklifts if shenmue III takes place in an industrial place.
Master Tao
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Xxl3o0mxX » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:04 pm

youre right!
Xxl3o0mxX
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Guizhang Chen » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:01 pm

Didn't Shenhua mention a crate job in Guilin (old man with cows or something like that)? I'm sure she did. Maybe that'll be the job in Shenmue 3 :P.
Guizhang Chen
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:17 pm

Guizhang Chen wrote:Didn't Shenhua mention a crate job in Guilin (old man with cows or something like that)? I'm sure she did. Maybe that'll be the job in Shenmue 3 :P.

yeay but we want to carry crates with forlifts not by hand.and im pretty damn sure that thier wont be machines and guilin to carry crates.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:19 pm

I had 2800 dollars at the end of shenmue 2 I don't wan't to work again in the games, although the forklift was fun.

But please no more LEFT LEFT LEFT :x I hated that.

Just have ine san forward a bunch of cash. ;)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby pikecon » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:45 pm

one of my better posts don't ya think?
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mystere » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:56 am

Unless I'm deliberately trying to make a ton of cash (not often because aside from moves scrolls and lighters, there's nothing much to buy, and you don't need vast amounts for street fights) I don't bother with the crates, working the stands, or gambling (more than once).

Instead, I just take Ryo down to the pawnshop, empty his pockets, and walk out with $150. I then gamble it all on Big to get $300. I then bet Zhen Zong, restart if necessary, and I'm set with all the cash I need for the rest of the game.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby pikecon » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:20 am

aside from all the rejections of come-ons by other girls, i think Ryo is sort of a ladies man... i mean he gets Nozomi to stand on a street corner right?
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II