A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Chiyouman1325 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:32 pm

Is it for the Xbox version or Dreamcast? or both?
Chiyouman1325
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Martin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:38 pm

I don't know about Mestre's glitch, but Lan Di's one works on both Dreamcast and Xbox. I assume it's the same for Mestre's, considering the accuracy of the Xbox port.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Ryo_Hazuki_2006 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Mestre I just did the glitch and it's pretty cool. Nothing special though as it is just the same thing as the Invisible glitch. you can only pass loading points.

It was ok though because it was like a pinball game. Moving the red dont and pressing B to exit to the location. Very cool glitch...

Thanks agian.
Ryo_Hazuki_2006
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Ryo_Hazuki_2006 wrote:Mestre I just did the glitch and it's pretty cool. Nothing special though as it is just the same thing as the Invisible glitch. you can only pass loading points.

Yeah, I just found that out too...was hoping it would enable you to bypass walls and barriers :(
And it doesn't work too well in the Kowloon Buildings, as it just shows a map of the quarter that building is in, rather than the map of the building itself.
But still, nice discovery Mestre ^_^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mestre Ziming » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Thanks. I mentioned it before but maybe it was a little offotpic so no one noticied. Since i used to view the map many times while modding the game i made this discovery.

Its not possible to bypass walls, but is better than the other since you can do it everywhere. Its even possivel to go out of Yellow Head Bldg. and take Ren with you. ;)
Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:16 am

Good work, dude!!!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:28 am

Mestre Ziming wrote:Its not possible to bypass walls, but is better than the other since you can do it everywhere. Its even possivel to go out of Yellow Head Bldg. and take Ren with you. ;)

Oh awesome, I never thought of that! I'll have to give that a try :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Ryo_Hazuki_2006 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:42 pm

I would but I am not at that point into the game. I may start a new game and I may try it soon.

-Cheers
Ryo_Hazuki_2006
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:06 am

You know how on the 3rd and 6th floors of the Thousand White Bldg, there is a doorway to the Ghost Hall Bldg? Well using Mestre's glitch, I found that there is a doorway like that on every floor...they're just stuck behind a wall :lol: You can still get through to the Ghost Hall Bldg this way. It's quite funny as when the Ghost Hall Bldg has loaded, it looks as if Ryo has magically come through the wall :P
Even on floors 11 and 12 the doorway is there, despite the fact that the Ghost Hall Bldg only has 10 floors. If you try going through the doorway on 11F and 12F though, the Ghost Hall Bldg is not loaded.

That's not the most interesting part though. Using the glitch on the 12th floor of the Thousand White Bldg, I was able to bypass walls and see that there are in fact stairs going up to a 13th floor! But alas, there appears to be no way to get to them. In fact if you mess around too much, you'll end up getting completely stuck, forcing you to reset the game. You can also do a similar thing in the Ghost Hall Bldg, where you can clearly see stairs going up to an 11th floor (there's meant to be only 10 floors)

I don't expect there'd be anything that interesting up there (it would appear that each floor in the Kowloon buildings is automatically generated, if you get what I mean). But it's still fairly interesting.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:13 am

Cool, unfortunetly i never get this mestre zimming glitch to work...
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:50 pm

It can be hard to time properly, yeah. It just takes practice.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby tatsuya » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:51 am

@@
/ \
---

Take Ren with me for a while! OH Nice glitch, Mestre!

1st the bag, 2nd Ren!

Thanks to this community, I appreciate this game to the core!
thanks!

Man I love this game, that's a never ending discovery.
tatsuya

Postby biffotasty » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:03 pm

this thread is old (and this post will waste your time) but I never knew about this glitch before. I was a bit bored and decided to explore the very first section of the game (when you get off the boat). Unfortunatley I didn't really find anything interesting, lol. Here's some pics and a random video.

I originally just wanted to get to this boat (note: using the 'repeatedly tap up' method). And since I knew it would take a while I thought I'd just leave it at that.
getting there
going through the building scenery

Then I came up with an ingenius up tapping technique and then went a bit further. After you go through there's yet more water then a huge amount of grass, hoping I'd find something interesting I walked all the way across it. Only to find nothing. I did get to the edge of the sky though, then as far as I could tell you can't go any further. without wanting to embed too many boring pictures, here are some others, of the field and the edge of the sky.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/ ... egreen.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/ ... ffield.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/ ... eofsky.jpg

I did notice (as I'm sure other people have) that there's a weird floor, way below the ground. Anyone know what it's there for?
Here's a shot looking back from the edge of the sky.
and here's short vid, looking around from the edge of the area.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/ ... c2d260.flv
biffotasty
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Martin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:12 pm

I used this glitch to get back on the other side of the gate to Kowloon.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:21 pm

biffotasty wrote:this thread is old (and this post will waste your time) but I never knew about this glitch before. I was a bit bored and decided to explore the very first section of the game (when you get off the boat). Unfortunatley I didn't really find anything interesting, lol. Here's some pics and a random video.

I originally just wanted to get to this boat (note: using the 'repeatedly tap up' method). And since I knew it would take a while I thought I'd just leave it at that.

Then I came up with an ingenius up tapping technique and then went a bit further. After you go through there's yet more water then a huge amount of grass, hoping I'd find something interesting I walked all the way across it. Only to find nothing. I did get to the edge of the sky though, then as far as I could tell you can't go any further. without wanting to embed too many boring pictures, here are some others, of the field and the edge of the sky.

I did notice (as I'm sure other people have) that there's a weird floor, way below the ground. Anyone know what it's there for?
Here's a shot looking back from the edge of the sky.

and here's short vid, looking around from the edge of the area.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/ ... c2d260.flv

Unique investigation! I don't think anyone has reported the area beyond those bldgs.
I've never expected "a huge amount of grass" over the sea. Also, I've never heard of
"a weird floor, way below the ground." Thank you for this detailed report with those
screenshots and the video shot at world's end! ;)

BTW, welcome to the Dojo! Enjoy your stay! :)
Last edited by Kiyuu on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II