Post Your Shenmue 2 Review Here

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby goaliefrk » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:27 pm

Hmm, like the finding Ren, and running from that fat guy...I didn't like those, and I can never remember a dull moment in Shenmue.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby wuhei the shit demon » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:27 pm

graphics-dreamcasty.but the details like good water effects,real time weather and the enviroments modled after there real locations can cover up the blocky charachter models and dreamcast-esque graphics.
Graphics Score:7/10

sound-terrible.the in game footsteps ARE THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!!!!!!!! :twisted:.the voice acting is just not right.but the music is very well done.and with Dolby Digital 5.1!good things like these can raise the score up.
Sound Score:6.5/10

gameplay-the best.huge enviroments,major interactivity,go almost whereever you want to go.
Gameplay Score:10/10 :D

story-as good as the gameplay.you can beat the game 1,000 times and still be shocked by amazing moments.there is no such thing as ''Shenmued out''
Story Score:10/10 :D

overall:this is a must buy for Xbox owners!A masterpiece!this is taking RPG's to the next level!this is an Xbox Contender!
Overall Score:9.5/10 :D [/b]
wuhei the shit demon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby goaliefrk » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:57 pm

Hmm, I don't see how a game that gets 7, and a 6.5 can also get a 10 as an overall score.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yusuke » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:51 pm

i give it a 10 just because shenmue is the best game ever
Yusuke
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby goaliefrk » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:39 am

You suck Yusuke.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:02 pm

:D I will give it 10 out of 10.For one, im a big fan.For two,i still have fun playing it.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Replacer » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:43 pm

I say half of all gamers love it and the other half dont wanna admit that they do.
Replacer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby santino » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:52 pm

presentation - 10 cant get any better

graphics - 7.5 - looks good but could be alot better

sound 7.5 - GREAT music, shitty voice acting

gameplay - 9.5 would get 10 but the controls get a little annoying

lasting appeal - 9.0 - its a long game, and you can replay all the streetfights and mini games, which is cool

overall - 9.0. dc version gets a 10
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:34 pm

I like the QTE's in the Yellow Head Building!

So I rate it 10 out of out!! :D
Milkybarkid
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Grave » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:08 am

Every thing a 10...I wish Joy wasn't so lame thou!
Grave
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Heero yuy17 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:52 am

Ok first off i think some of the reviews are kind of high.
Shenmue is my favorite FREE game and rpg. 8)

But i have to say that shnmue2 for the xbox was kind of let down in some cases. Fist off i was kind of mad about not having the tape player from the first but thats ok. As well as not being able to train. Oh and the dub is no were near as good as the first game and is much more repetive. that plus this game dose not feel like a FREE game as much as the original. Now i Know im being harsh but thats the truth and you all know it.

Ok now that i got that off my chest we can get to the good part, this is steal a great sequal to a much greater game.

Graphics:The graphics are better then the original game both 1 and 2. they just dont look the same as the original. almost all the slowdown as been erased.Its still there just know were as bad as before. Will someone tell me whats up with the glowing at night? I thought the night time effects were perfect on shenmue1. But once again it dosent matter its just different. On the other hand shenmue still has some of the best character models around they have made more improvements on them as well. Now the only problem is that this is Xbox not dreamcast and for the most powerful consle on the planet the graphics are not standerd so it dosent look that good i know this game is almost 2 years old but still. SCORE:7.9 ot of 10

Sound: as always great but the dub is preaty bad compared to the original.
And the lines arnt the best but get the job done. Score: 7.5

The Music: I love the music i had to get the original soundtrack. the ingame music is good by all means and fits the game perfectly. Score: 10

Gameplay: this is were it gets hard to review.The free battle part is very deep its almost to deep. you dont get enough training in this game and you cant train like you use to. Over all a bit rough to pick up at first but after a few hours you'll get the hang of it. On the other hand the camra gets in te way a little bit here and there and isnt bad at all.there are more moves to learn and some are harder to learn and then there are some cool moves.
some moves are hard to find.I dont like the new controls that well but isnt a problem really. The QTEs are as good as ever they are much harder this time and some popup in the middle of fights. There are tons of other things to do but i cant find any problems with them so i wont go into it here.Great but not perfect. Score:9.0

Replay: another strong point of this game is the abillity to do anything you want. Its not as open as the original but close.with the 10 or so toy machines and arcades Outrun Afterburner hang on and space harrier as well as 2 or 3 side quests make the replay value perfect.Score 10

Overall: shenmue2 is one heck of a game with some problems that can be over looked but are still there. the story is not that long but the mini-games will keep you coming back for more. Dont get me wrong I LOVE THIS GAME I just wish it had got a full make over. All Real gamers should play this game and the original. This is one of those games that will remake the games we play and to think that we might not get to see the end to this masterpiece makes me want to cry.Score 9.0
Heero yuy17
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:55 am

every thing 10.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:00 am

ChaiOgawa's Shenmue 2 review: Kick ass.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Daemos » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:23 pm

I'll go to the 9/10 mark for the dreamcast version, and 7/10 for the xbox version. Note I'm not biasing my opinion, if so I'd give it a straight 10/10.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby SpikyAd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:21 am

Graphics: 8/10
Gameplay: 9/10
strory: 10/10

Overall: 9.5/10
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext