Impossible to defeat Dory Gordie?

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LanDC » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:28 am

Kiyuu wrote:Congratulation on the victory, LanDC! :D The speed you clear the command QTE
is really amazing! Beat him out to the $100 fight!! Go, LanDC, go!! 8) ;)

Thanks for the congratulation.

Beat him for $100? :shock: :shock: Oooo, I don't know about that. I'll keep trying to go higher every once and a while, but a $100 just seems impossible to man. ;) If I could accomplish that, I'd probably be passed out on the floor afterwards.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby TailsAndy89 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:01 pm

i don't have any video.
TailsAndy89
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:21 pm

TailsAndy89 wrote:i don't have any video.

...what are you talking about?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:29 pm

ahem.....

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SaM_4000 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:wow,i cant even beat that fat dude with brown overalls in Aberdeen :P

me either lol i suck at doing the arm wrestling i always start to slow and i practically have lost it right there
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LanDC » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:40 am

Peter wrote:ahem.....

Where'd this come from? Someone cheated if you ask me. I'm a button pressing God and I'm not sure I could get past $80, so going for $100 is just unreal. Are there any Xbox controllers with a rapid fire feature? I'm sure there's probably some 3rd-party ones, but I don't trust 3rd-party hardware enough to buy it.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Underdog » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:36 pm

I beat him.
Underdog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 pm

Wow, LanDC! You are truly the Shenmue King! I wish I could arm-wrestle that well, but I can't beat any of the guys for the $50 bets. I think it would help if I used the Xbox S Controller, instead of the original large one. The buttons on the small controller are layed out and feel more like the Dreamcast controller. Even though I don't have Shenmue II on DC, the controller for Dreamcast still feels like it would be the perfect controller for this game.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Journey 2 Shenmue » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:45 pm

I almost won though, but after many tries my controller got too wet and I accidently dropped it on probably the last QTE of the fight. Oh well, I'll just try again.
Journey 2 Shenmue
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:48 pm

As instructed by the web masters, I have to tell you all that i got to the $100 mark using a turbo pad. Nobody can come close to the button pressing god that is LanDC
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:07 pm

Peter wrote:As instructed by the web masters, I have to tell you all that i got to the $100 mark using a turbo pad. Nobody can come close to the button pressing god that is LanDC

There's no need to be rude. This topic was created to show everyone that Dory can be defeated, because just about everyone is unable to even touch him. It's was unnecessary for you to come in here and post a false screenshot to make confusion.

But anyway, you never fooled me. I don't think anyone could make it to a $100 bet. And even with a turbo pad, it's probably impossible to defeat him for the $100 bet, because as I said in the past, it would be hard to stop the turbo A button for when a QTE appears.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:24 pm

LanDC wrote:
Peter wrote:As instructed by the web masters, I have to tell you all that i got to the $100 mark using a turbo pad. Nobody can come close to the button pressing god that is LanDC

There's no need to be rude.

I certainly did NOT find anything rude with my post. A request was made, which i carried out. To let people know, who apparrently thought i done this manually (yet i didnt see one person even mention this) know that i got to the $100 arm wrestle gamble via the use of a turbo controller.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:58 pm

Just by the looks of your post above, you worded it as if I had forced you to tell the truth, and looked to contain sarcasm. If that wasn't your intention, then I apologize. But you know, it'd have been much easier if you'd have told us this at the beginning. ;)
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:46 pm

I bet you've modded it to make it eaiser! :P

Idea for mod- have Yuan as an Arm Wrestler, and him and Ryo have to cuss each other throughout the entire match! But then Yuan cheats by playing footsie with Ryo, and there has to be a QTE to avoid Yuan's gay foot.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby LanDC » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:14 pm

Twist wrote:I bet you've modded it to make it eaiser! :P

Seriously, I didn't. To be honest, I don't know how to. I would like to someday discover a way to lower his difficulty though. If I ever do, I will make it known that I modded his difficulty, and then we can see what happens when he's beaten for maximum $110.

Twist wrote:Idea for mod- have Yuan as an Arm Wrestler, and him and Ryo have to cuss each other throughout the entire match! But then Yuan cheats by playing footsie with Ryo, and there has to be a QTE to avoid Yuan's gay foot.

:lol: I'm afraid all of that would require some developmental software. ;) Oh, and Corey Marshall and Lisle Wilkerson to cuss for me.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II