Impossible to defeat Dory Gordie?

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:48 pm

LanDC wrote:Just by the looks of your post above, you worded it as if I had forced you to tell the truth, and looked to contain sarcasm. If that wasn't your intention, then I apologize. But you know, it'd have been much easier if you'd have told us this at the beginning. ;)

Your right, and i knew from the beginning that i should have, but just for a few days, i wanted to wear the "shenmue king" crown, and that i could beat the Lan Man at something in shenmue!!!! :king:

But no seriously come on, you knew yourself, that it was done via a turbo function. I mean $100 against Dory Gordie? It is physically impossible to repeatedly use the finger in that manner for that amount of time. Also even though i got it up to $100, there should still be another level, for $110 after this. I could not get that screen no matter how hard i tried, because the turbo function isnt full proof. It will get you down to the final QTE sequence to defeat gordie, but the command flashes to quickly for you to register it and enter it at the needed speed. A challenge still exists to anyone out there, who can get the screen of $110 a match........
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Lan Di sama » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:23 am

How do you get stronger at arm wrestling? do you have to make ryo arm wrestle lots of times for him to gain experience?
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby NYCguy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:11 pm

Hey I've just discovered something. I don't armwrestle that much until now, but did anyone notice, after beating the first level arm wrestler up to $50.00 he decides not to arm wrestle you anymore? I've never seen it, sorry if it's an old discovery. Im sure it could happen with any armwrestler as well. So now I have to move onto the "20 dollars a bet" match.
NYCguy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ren Wuying » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:45 pm

long ago in dc i beaten that fatass,but sure almost break my REAL arm boy,that mass of person is surely real hell to defeat!
Ren Wuying
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:31 am

Peter wrote:
LanDC wrote:Just by the looks of your post above, you worded it as if I had forced you to tell the truth, and looked to contain sarcasm. If that wasn't your intention, then I apologize. But you know, it'd have been much easier if you'd have told us this at the beginning. ;)

Your right, and i knew from the beginning that i should have, but just for a few days, i wanted to wear the "shenmue king" crown, and that i could beat the Lan Man at something in shenmue!!!! :king:

But no seriously come on, you knew yourself, that it was done via a turbo function. I mean $100 against Dory Gordie? It is physically impossible to repeatedly use the finger in that manner for that amount of time. Also even though i got it up to $100, there should still be another level, for $110 after this. I could not get that screen no matter how hard i tried, because the turbo function isnt full proof. It will get you down to the final QTE sequence to defeat gordie, but the command flashes to quickly for you to register it and enter it at the needed speed. A challenge still exists to anyone out there, who can get the screen of $110 a match........

I just thought though...doesn't it seem odd that there is a voice file for the bookie to say "100 dollars", if it isn't possible without a turbo controller? :?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Erin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:22 pm

I've defeated every arm wrestler in the game at every difficulty. ;D
Erin
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Duchess May
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: SW Battlefront (X1)

Postby Lan Di sama » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Oi, how do you get better at arm wrestling, do you have to armwrestle lots so ryo gets experience. Sorry for the Oi.
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue II