Impossible to defeat Dory Gordie?

(Chapters 3-6)

Impossible to defeat Dory Gordie?

Postby LanDC » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:26 pm

Update:

Ahh, another victory for me! I decided to attempt defeating Dory's second level of difficulty for $70, and sure enough, I did!

As I quite easily (on the first try) took him down again for $60, I took a deep breath and went for supreme victory. The first round for $70, my performance was so-so, but obviously not enough since I eventually found myself beaten.

Still determined, I decided to jump back at it only about 4 minutes later. This time, nothing was going to stop me from winning. Heck, my eyes were probably glowing red I was so serious. :twisted: In a rage, I managed to take him down for a $70 bet just almost as clean as I did in the previous video for $60!

I have a video for you to see. This time, I included audio. Download and enjoy seeing the unimaginable happening!

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetxbox/shenmuedojo/misc/dorydefeat2.zip

Now, did I try for a $80 bet? Like a fool, yes, I tried directly after defeating him for $70. As you can probably imagine, I lost. However, even being tired, I managed to hold him off for a fair amount of time before giving up! Even though I lost, I still recorded video of this bout. Watch how I did against him in this super-unbelievable mode even with sore arms.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetxbox/shenmuedojo/misc/attempting_80bet_dory_.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed that many people have complained about not being about to defeat Dory (the most difficult arm wrestler in Kowloon's "Fighting Place" and in the rest of Shenmue II for that matter). A while ago, I decided to try and defeat him to capture it on video as proof that he can be defeated, just as I did for Chai's battle in the arcade. So, for all of you who'd like to see me take him down, download the video below!

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetxbox/shenmuedojo/misc/dorydefeat.zip

The video has no sound. I was being frustrated with sound glitches anyway, plus the fact that sound isn't completely necessary for this video. It's only making the filesize shorter without it! :P

Oh, and there was no cheating involved. I'm just good at pressing buttons rapidly, though I was out of breath after beating him. I'm not even aware of any Xbox controllers with the rapid fire feature, but even if there were and I did use rapid fire, it would have taken him down much smoother than any human possible. Also, there was no modding involved. As you see, I haven't switched his location with an easier wrestler. Well, enjoy!
Last edited by LanDC on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:34 pm

Showoff... :P

Nah, J/K. Actually, I haven't even really attempted arm wrestling many people. I'll have to try this when I get to Kowloon. I was wondering, do you think it would be easier to beat him on Dreamcast? I noticed when playing Space Harrier on Xbox, the balls shoot slower when pressing A, and faster on the DC, the DC buttons must respond quicker.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:39 pm

Jesus i didnt know he existed!

I thought the last wrestler was the tall baldy one from the 3 men team from mongolia. Meh i have a rapid fire pad, so i can beat him. But LanDC that is some sure fire button pressing, watch you dont end up in hospital! :-P
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby LanDC » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:41 pm

Lan_Di_sama wrote:I was wondering, do you think it would be easier to beat him on Dreamcast? I noticed when playing Space Harrier on Xbox, the balls shoot slower when pressing A, and faster on the DC, the DC buttons must respond quicker.

I'm not sure if there's any difference, though it seemed harder on Xbox to me.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:42 pm

You are confused I think, Peter. Dory Gordie is an arm wrestler, while the Mongalian brothers are street fighters. I didn't know Dory existed either because I don't normally arm wrestle.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:44 pm

He's talking about Uzun. Uzun is a street fighter and an arm wrestler, but he wrestles in Aberdeen.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:49 pm

Ahhhh my confusion is quenched.

Om off to find Dory!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:04 pm

Ah, I see what Peter meant now. Doesn't the very first arm wrestler also a street fighter? I remember seeing him more then once.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:07 pm

Yep. Hes the easy one.

Thats the one with a half open eye, and a mole underneath it.

I wonder if its hairy.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:08 pm

Lan_Di_sama wrote:Ah, I see what Peter meant now. Doesn't the very first arm wrestler also a street fighter? I remember seeing him more then once.

Jiminez Garcia? No, he isn't. He's only an arm wrestler. He can be found in Worker's Pier in Aberdeen, and in Kowloon.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:14 pm

wow,i cant even beat that fat dude with brown overalls in Aberdeen :P
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:26 pm

LanDC wrote:
Lan_Di_sama wrote:Ah, I see what Peter meant now. Doesn't the very first arm wrestler also a street fighter? I remember seeing him more then once.

Jiminez Garcia? No, he isn't. He's only an arm wrestler. He can be found in Worker's Pier in Aberdeen, and in Kowloon.

No, i think he means the first guy in the line-up, in fighting place.

He is the mongolian wrestler, who also is the easiest arm wrestler to beat at fighting place, with his starting bet at $10
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby LanDC » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:30 pm

I thought he meant THE first arm wrestler, as in the first one you meet.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Oh Jimenez holds that title!

"Il take it easy on ya boy!"

"didnt ask!"

"haahaa youl wish you did!!!"
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III