Promo Shenmue 2 on Ebay

(Chapters 3-6)

Promo Shenmue 2 on Ebay

Postby XXXboX » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:06 pm

XXXboX
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Wuyring Ren » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:27 pm

I never heard of such an thing. And, to be quite honest, I think the item may be real, but, not it's not really rare and the person just made it. And, if it was rare, best believe it wouldn't be going for ten dollars unless, a, the person isn't an real collector, or b, well, it's not rare.
Wuyring Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: miraigaara
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:44 pm

I've never heard of that. Wonder if it's real? I'm surprised at how cheap it is.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby AzN.Homeboy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:49 pm

I doubt that's real. The guy probably just copied the game and printed out some labels.

I mean, seriously. A 4 disc promo... of the entire game? And he's starting it at only 10 pounds. Riiiight.
AzN.Homeboy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby LionheartUK » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:13 pm

AzN.Homeboy wrote:I doubt that's real. The guy probably just copied the game and printed out some labels.

I mean, seriously. A 4 disc promo... of the entire game? And he's starting it at only 10 pounds. Riiiight.

I dont think someone with a good feedback like that would resort to selling pirated goods,thats a promo pack and i may snap that up for myself.

Thats not pirated.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Wuyring Ren » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:14 pm

Well, if you say so, if I had the money, I would snatch it up myself.
Wuyring Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: miraigaara
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:45 pm

I've seen a similar item on EBay before, so I'm pretty sure it's real. I don't see any reason to buy it though, the only difference appears to be the disc labels.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AzN.Homeboy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:38 am

He's only got a 62 feedback... which you can easily get by selling lots of little items.

Anyways, even if it was real, I also see absolutely no point in getting it, unless it stayed under 30 pounds or so. I'm as big a Shenmue fan as anyone here, but I'd rather just get another copy of the regular PAL version.
AzN.Homeboy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby XXXboX » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:45 am

I have both promo copies of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast and i can catagoricly say that these disks are 100% genuine! I have this already otherwise i would have bought it. They are rare and great for collectors! They are official as they are exactly like the Dreamkey disks and official Sega demo games. They are not sticky labels they are the real deal! Just thought you lot would appreciate it :D I know LanDC has been after a copy for a while! I keep meaning to rip mine for him but time and money keep in my way! :(

never mind!

http://wyd.me.uk/Personal//Ryan_aka_PPP ... ection.JPG
My copies are show in there btw :D

XXX
XXXboX

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:09 pm

XXXboX wrote:I have both promo copies of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast and i can catagoricly say that these disks are 100% genuine! I have this already otherwise i would have bought it. They are rare and great for collectors! They are official as they are exactly like the Dreamkey disks and official Sega demo games. They are not sticky labels they are the real deal! Just thought you lot would appreciate it :D I know LanDC has been after a copy for a while! I keep meaning to rip mine for him but time and money keep in my way! :(

never mind!

http://wyd.me.uk/Personal//Ryan_aka_PPP ... ection.JPG
My copies are show in there btw :D

XXX

I noticed this before but never mentioned it...you rock cause you have my pre-HangOn avatar!
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:33 pm

LionheartUK wrote:
AzN.Homeboy wrote:I doubt that's real. The guy probably just copied the game and printed out some labels.

I dont think someone with a good feedback like that would resort to selling pirated goods,thats a promo pack and i may snap that up for myself.

Thats not pirated.

You're right. They're not pirates.
The discs are the same ones I used to use when I worked at a games store a couple of years ago. I blagged loads like that, they played exactly the same, they were just meant for the demo units and thus didn't have the instruction manual or packaging.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:31 am

How exactly does that work? You know, playing all four disks for the demo station?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby drporkchop » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:33 am

Kensuke NOL wrote:How exactly does that work? You know, playing all four disks for the demo station?

I don't think they're for demo stations...White lable discs such as the ones in that auction were typically sent to gaming magazines for reviews. They're pretty much the full version of the game minus a few finishing touches such as the disc art.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:35 am

drporkchop wrote:
Kensuke NOL wrote:How exactly does that work? You know, playing all four disks for the demo station?

I don't think they're for demo stations...White lable discs such as the ones in that auction were typically sent to gaming magazines for reviews. They're pretty much the full version of the game minus a few finishing touches such as the disc art.

I thought so too....Alien Dude said "demo units" and I thought "stations".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby rome » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:19 am

Hmmm, i sure would like to get my hands on that. I got to get more Shenmue stuff, i got a crap collection, but first i need money :(
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue II