Ironic how shenmue works

(Chapters 3-6)

Ironic how shenmue works

Postby WuyingRen » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:37 pm

Not to spoil anything. I would have put this in S1 forum but it would give away spoils ...

Anyways,

It's weird, Iwao killed Lan Di's Father ( SunMing Zhao - i think ) and then to get revenge Lan Di kills Iwao. So in theory the 2 sons are left?

Ryo and Lan Di
Their both fathers gone Iwao kills Mr. LanDi then Landi ( son ) kills Iwao the sons live on....
Weird how shenmue is.
WuyingRen
Asia Travel Representative

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:02 am

You know whats even more weird? No one has any parents in Shenmue.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:41 am

Yeh, so many characters are orphans, Ryo obviously, Lan Di's father died(a mother is not mentioned though), Wong doesn't remember his parents, Fangmei was abandoned, Xiuying and Ziming's parents were killed....

And although he isn't a main character there's a very depressing story behind one of the NPC's in Shenmue 1, a kid called Kenji Aoyama(one of the ones that says "Hey mister! Ya wanna wrestle?" etc). His parents died so he was adopted, but then his foster parents were killed too! :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:28 am

Miles: Maybe he wants to wrestle with Ryo to let all his stress and anger out, you know, misplaced emotion. He should see a therapist and let it all out!
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby etjester » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:36 am

what was with all the freaky children in shenmue? maybe it was just the bad voice acting but they really creeped me out, man.
etjester
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:40 am

''Hey mister! You wanna wrestle?'' Lol, yeah right, Ryo should have said ''No way! I bet the police are watching!''

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby jars » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:18 pm

hopefully in shenmue 3 they have a higher budget for voice acting. Ryo's voice is fine, but i'm not sure if Shenhua's voice from 2 is good...it kinda sounds like she's acting... i think. Nozomi's voice acting was more serious.

But no one beats the weirdness of Nuriko's voice! she sounds like she's possessed, or under hypnosis or something!

"I wonder what i can do once the exams are over..."
jars

Postby Ajiichi » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:25 pm

lol, what about tom "hiya ryo, wanna daag?", the best voice has to be Lan Di, or Chai, wait isnt that the same guy [voice actor]?
Ajiichi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:01 pm

I don't know about that, but on interesting thing is that Fuku San, Guizhang and Ren are all played by the same voice actor (in English versions of Shenmue 1 and 2)
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:01 pm

mikec_ct wrote:Miles: Maybe he wants to wrestle with Ryo to let all his stress and anger out, you know, misplaced emotion. He should see a therapist and let it all out!

Hahah, yeh :lol:
I think the producers must be pretty sadistic to give him a story like that actually :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mikec_ct » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:55 pm

Miles Prower wrote:I think the producers must be pretty sadistic to give him a story like that actually :P

That's putting it mildly! I know they're going for realism, but he's not even an important character. His backstory is even more sad than Ryo's :lol:
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:20 pm

lol, agreed.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby jars » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:17 pm

Ren's voice in the english version was quite good i think... it's just that the tone of Ren's voice in english... didn't quite catch the pessimistic, scoundrel-like tone of the Japanese Ren's voice acting. The english voice line of "I don't know if you're really brave, or really stupid" sounded noble... but the Japanese version of that same line sounded like Ren was really trying to piss off Ryo.

BTW, Tom is supposed to sound jamaican right? but he sounds like a japanese guy trying to do a bad impression of a jamaican accent. Hehe.
jars

Postby cyphron » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:25 pm

Is it me or is Lan Di = Ziming?
cyphron

Postby etjester » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:27 pm

its you.

Lan di's real name is Longsun Zhao, so he is not Ziming Hong. They are two members of the top 4 leaders in the chiyoumen however
etjester
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue II