airplanes

(Chapters 3-6)

airplanes

Postby ShaolinChuanFa » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 am

I am playing through Shenmue II again and while wondering around Wan Chai i believe, a quick scene comes up with Ryo watching a big jet plane fly overhead. Then i just go back to regular game play. Just curious as to what that was all about, i have played through the game a few times before and that hasnt happend, at least i dont remember it happening.

By the way, i am a newb here at the dojo, but have been a huge fan since its release. Hello.
ShaolinChuanFa
Asia Travel Representative

Re: airplanes

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:29 am

ShaolinChuanFa wrote:I am playing through Shenmue II again and while wondering around Wan Chai i believe, a quick scene comes up with Ryo watching a big jet plane fly overhead. Then i just go back to regular game play. Just curious as to what that was all about, i have played through the game a few times before and that hasnt happend, at least i dont remember it happening.

By the way, i am a newb here at the dojo, but have been a huge fan since its release. Hello.

Welcome to the Dojo! :) That cutscene of the plane can be seen every time you get there,
at the bottom of the upper stairs, if you don't run, but walk. ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 am

And if you do it on your last day in Wan Chai (before going to say goodbye to Xiuying), you'll get something a bit different ;)
Anyway, welcome to the Dojo, Shaolin ^^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jesus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 am

Yes, there is cutscene with a plane. And if you do it on the last day, you'll see
A whole bunch of jet palnes instead of just one big plane!

Welcome to the dojo. :nice!:
Jesus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby VGAce » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:31 am

To shed a little light on the significance of the scene, Hong Kong had an airport very near the city during the time Shenmue takes place. Because of this, aircraft taking off and landing would often fly very low over the city. Suzuki-san and AM2 made Shenmue so realistic that the game reflects this.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShaolinChuanFa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 pm

ahh, good fact there Ace
ShaolinChuanFa

Return to Shenmue II