Shenmue II DC in English?

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue II DC in English?

Postby ShinChuck » Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm

So someone actually finished making a Dreamcast version with the English tracks from the Xbox one? I remember someone had finished disc one years ago, but apparently a couple people have gotten the whole game done.

Sorry if it's old news, and I don't want to post a link (surprisingly the topic hasn't been deleted at GameFAQs...), but I don't remember seeing/hearing about the completed version.

Anyway, another testament to how awesome the Shenmue community is. Now if we could just doctor that English version to accept NTSC Shenmue saves without hex editing...
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby HappyKillmore » Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Yeah i had a back up of the the disc one, but i heard a lot of the completed ones had missing sound files so it could fit on a GD-ROM
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby threeblades » Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Impressive work, even though it actually worsens the game since the dub is horrible.
Now if someone had made a Japanese voices version of Shenmue 1 with English subs, I wouldve been impressed
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri May 23, 2008 1:01 am

threeblades wrote:Now if someone had made a Japanese voices version of Shenmue 1 with English subs, I wouldve been impressed

What would be the point? that was was already released in the form of US Shenmue ;) , i think it had english voices with japanese subs.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby threeblades » Fri May 23, 2008 2:00 am

No no I meant the other way around. US Shenmue has English voices and Japan subtitles, I mean they should make it so that the PAL version has Japanese voices...
Better yet, make the Xbox Shenmue 2 in Japanese! Now I'd buy an Xbox just for that. As it is now, I can't stand the Xbox version's voices.
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Fri May 23, 2008 4:38 am

but you can stand the controller? That D-pad sucks for fighting games... and the 360 one sucks even more... :lol:

good consoles... bad d-pad.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby threeblades » Fri May 23, 2008 6:21 am

The original controller for the Xbox was terrible, but the smaller version was pretty decent as far as I can remember... I havent played it in a long time though.
One thing that bothered me slightly when playing the Xbox version (besides the voices) was that the button color is different from the dreamcast controller, so I sometimes messed up the QTEs because of that :D
Still, I think the snapshot option is pretty fun, don't you agree? The voices are the only thing I really can't stand in the xbox version. So I'm interested in the potential of this little experiment the guy did with Shenmue 2 DC.
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JoeMDesign » Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 am

You can't even buy the Xbox version of Shenmue II in japanese in Japan! That's how screwed up the situation was...

Grrr... Peter Moore... Urge to kill... rising!!!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Why the hell don't you wanna post the link?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Fri May 23, 2008 6:12 pm

threeblades wrote:No no I meant the other way around. US Shenmue has English voices and Japan subtitles, I mean they should make it so that the PAL version has Japanese voices...
Better yet, make the Xbox Shenmue 2 in Japanese! Now I'd buy an Xbox just for that. As it is now, I can't stand the Xbox version's voices.

I have started the project of Shenmue II Xbox with japanese voices, almost two years ago, i have disc 1 and 4 already with the voices and it was difficult the game crashed some times with some musics from the the Dreamcast version like Joy's theme and Shen hua singing, unfortunately some cut scenes have audio on surround folder(only on xbox) so a few cut scenes still have english voices like prologue opening and ending cut scene.

I also have tried making Shenmue PAL with japanese voices without sucess because the japanese version have more voices and unused voices than the english version, and because of that when you talk the subtitles are screwed and weird and the voice don't correspond or doesn't make sense, only on opening cut scene works great :(
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri May 23, 2008 6:37 pm

BackAgain2317 wrote:Why the hell don't you wanna post the link?

Post the link to the converted disc 1?

I would but its not really available any more, all of the torrents have been dead for years.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Shenmue II DC in English?

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Fri May 23, 2008 7:02 pm

ShinChuck wrote:So someone actually finished making a Dreamcast version with the English tracks from the Xbox one? I remember someone had finished disc one years ago, but apparently a couple people have gotten the whole game done.

Sorry if it's old news, and I don't want to post a link (surprisingly the topic hasn't been deleted at GameFAQs...), but I don't remember seeing/hearing about the completed version.

Anyway, another testament to how awesome the Shenmue community is. Now if we could just doctor that English version to accept NTSC Shenmue saves without hex editing...

woooah, i never heard of this before. Where do I go to get it?
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Re: Shenmue II DC in English?

Postby ShinChuck » Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 pm

ldarkwarriorl wrote:
woooah, i never heard of this before. Where do I go to get it?

BackAgain2317 wrote:Why the hell don't you wanna post the link?

Mods correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that fall under:

"No Illegal Content: We will not allow any copyrighted material to be posted on the boards. If you're looking for support getting a pirated game to run, you're in the wrong place.

* Do not post or link to ROMs or other pirated material.
* Beware the DMCA."

Anyway, just go check out the DC Shenmue II boards on GameFAQs. I'm assumin' it's okay for me to say that much...? Hah, I thought my original mention was GF was a blatant enough hint, but I guess not. ^-^
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat May 24, 2008 10:05 am

You have no idea how lazy I am.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby FRASIER » Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 am

]"No Illegal Content: We will not allow any copyrighted material to be posted on the boards. If you're looking for support getting a pirated game to run, you're in the wrong place.

* Do not post or link to ROMs or other pirated material.
* Beware the DMCA."

who cares?

Jeez don't follow rules, I got bloody warned for saying I disliked the French????
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue II