Shenmue II The Movie

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Re:

Postby silversons100thaccount » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:58 pm

LongsunZhao wrote:It may be better to edit in 16:9, not record. Just pan the camera to the location you want.

As far as removing the 'spash' text that pops-up during interactive events may be possible through modding, but I don't know much about Mue-Modding. However, it may be possible to remove them manually from the video.

Scoring the movie will be the most difficult task. Considering you have to use sountracks from the game, instead of live composing to the movie. You will have to edit the entire movie to the soundtrack, instead of the other way around.

I will be glad to help in the areas of editing, animations, sound FX, and some scoring/mastering.

Oh yeah, I recorded in the standard 4:3 but ended up doing editing to get it 16:10. The native pillar/letter boxing in Shenmue is ridiculous, so it was kind of difficult to get the camera in the right place but I know how to handle it now.

I`d accept the help, but I`m curious about how exactly I could remove that stuff...I guess it's a resource vs reward thing. On one hand it'll probably take a lot to actually do it but being faithful to what they were able to do with the first movie (the official one) would be good.

Sound would definitely be more difficult a 2nd time around.
silversons100thaccount
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Re:

Postby LongsunZhao » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm

silversons100thaccount wrote:Oh yeah, I recorded in the standard 4:3 but ended up doing editing to get it 16:10. The native pillar/letter boxing in Shenmue is ridiculous, so it was kind of difficult to get the camera in the right place but I know how to handle it now.

I`d accept the help, but I`m curious about how exactly I could remove that stuff...I guess it's a resource vs reward thing. On one hand it'll probably take a lot to actually do it but being faithful to what they were able to do with the first movie (the official one) would be good.

Sound would definitely be more difficult a 2nd time around.

To remove the 'splashes' we would have to find a frame in the video, just before the splash appears, and hope the video stops panning before the splash appears so we could grab the section of the splash in the chosen frame of the background. Then we would have to layer that section throughout the other splashed frames.

If we are fortunate, I think it could work. If I remember correctly, the camera does indeed stop moving during a splash interaction. I just hope we can extract that section of the frame without a splash.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtual On: OT

Re: Shenmue II The Movie Series

Postby silversons100thaccount » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am

UPDATE: I now have a method of removing textures from the game as I see fit. Turns out there's an application that does it. :)

I can remove the QTE sounds manually so things are def looking up for this revision. I'm sure there's some way to remove them or turn their volumes all the way down so they're basically non-existent. More research is needed.

I gotta say I'm amazed at how much work was put into the game. I was browsing through the countless sound files. So many files unused. Tom's theme song was actually amongst the files. Maybe he was going to be in the game at one point.
silversons100thaccount

Postby kakuzawa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 pm

silversons100thaccount
Care to share the "texture remover" app name?
Were you able to remove hud also?
kakuzawa

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Used to modify S2X

Postby silversons100thaccount » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Last edited by silversons100thaccount on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silversons100thaccount

Postby kakuzawa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 pm

this is nice... but will work only on emulator.. :(
with demo and less files to look out from I'll "investigate" it and try to remove buttons on Xbox version...
kakuzawa

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Used to modify S2X

Postby silversons100thaccount » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:43 pm

made some big breakthroughs today :)

finally got my custom rips working, and now have the means to remove every sound and graphic that i need to remove. also found the elusive QTE sound effect

made some rips and i was able to get out all the audio i needed. the textures should be just as easy although i always have the ripping app for backup

Also random fact - a lot of people seem to think that the digest movie dvd that came with the xbox version has no japanese track....it does. there are only japanese subs afaik. i confirmed this with sony vegas and vlc media player.
silversons100thaccount

Postby LongsunZhao » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm

silversons100thaccount wrote:made some big breakthroughs today :)

finally got my custom rips working, and now have the means to remove every sound and graphic that i need to remove. also found the elusive QTE sound effect

made some rips and i was able to get out all the audio i needed. the textures should be just as easy although i always have the ripping app for backup

Also random fact - a lot of people seem to think that the digest movie dvd that came with the xbox version has no japanese track....it does. there are only japanese subs afaik. i confirmed this with sony vegas and vlc media player.

So technically, all you have to do is remove the music, so when you edit the scenes you can add the music you want, while the Sound FX and Voice are already there.

I'm excited, a Shenmue II movie would be nice for my collection.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby silversons100thaccount » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Precisely. 8)

This saves a TON of work and manual audio editing. I don't want to make any promises just yet but it's shaping up for sure.
silversons100thaccount

Postby LongsunZhao » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 pm

silversons100thaccount wrote:Precisely. 8)

This saves a TON of work and manual audio editing. I don't want to make any promises just yet but it's shaping up for sure.

Sounds like it man. Good to hear it. Let me know if you need anything. And keep us up to date on the project.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby nl4m » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 am

Sorry to go off topic. Where can I download the song that's played during the credits at the end of the Shenmue DVD? In MP3 format.
nl4m

Postby LongsunZhao » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 am

nl4m wrote:Sorry to go off topic. Where can I download the song that's played during the credits at the end of the Shenmue DVD? In MP3 format.

LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby silversons100thaccount » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 am

nl4m wrote:Sorry to go off topic. Where can I download the song that's played during the credits at the end of the Shenmue DVD? In MP3 format.

why dont you just rip it....
silversons100thaccount

Postby Panda_rapist » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am

search zimings youtube its probably on there and then use vdownloader to download it as a mp3
Panda_rapist

Postby nl4m » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

^I don't know how to rip audio from a DVD disc. If I get it from youtube the audio quality will be bad.
nl4m

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II