How much is shenmue 2 worth these days

(Chapters 3-6)

How much is shenmue 2 worth these days

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I have had a still sealed copy of shenmue 2(pal) for the DC for many years now, I think I bought it for about £45 but kept it sealed because someone else gave me a already used copy of the game as a present shortly after.

Any way I am just curious as to how much realistically a sealed version of the game is worth these days as I havent kept up with the price of anything shenmue related over the years, I have seen one on ebay going for a ridiculous £150 or something but it just doesnt make sense to me that it would be worth so much, however the price of any collectables(especially videogame related)rarley makes sense to me.

Im not even sure I would sell it as it does have a lot of personal value to me, and I have this idea of passing it down to a future gereration(though it really can be any copy)to show that games can be about more than driving stolen cars and shooting poeple with ridiculous foreign accents.but I am curious. thanks
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:50 pm

You could easily make £45 from it. I almost paid that for a used copy, albeit good condition, on eBay before I was outbid. I've seen plenty of DC games in good condition selling for more than £30 easily. Skies of Arcadia is a good example..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:56 pm

cool, i guess that aint bad, but Ive got no respect now for the selfish people who put a sealed copy up on ebay for like £100, who actually pays those prices?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:59 pm

There must be serious collector's who do that sort of thing as a hobby.

If they put it up as 'Buy it Now', whenever it's sold eBay will take a percentage off of the final selling price so the seller wouldn't see the total fee.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:06 pm

but you know whats really crazy I just went on ebay and had a look at how much the used copies were going for, and some of them had buy now prices of £40 or so and some more! wow, its a shame ebay makes it so hard sometimes for gamers who might want to play the game with subtitles on DC
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:24 pm

But then again there's always sucker deals on Amazon or smaller sites where people don't realise the value of old games ;)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 pm

yeah true, but its the same story there £40 was the cheapest! so in this case you probably got a better chance on the bay I think
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:30 pm

eBay is such a last resort place for me when shopping for something. Always too much competition when bidding and if you only use it to get some 'buy it now' deals, why not just shop at a regular online store?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Yep that is certainly true
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:22 pm

You know what I think Im gonna just give my new copy to my friend who has just bought a dremacast and wants to play shenmue 2, I mean what do need it for I have a very good working copy as it is, and I believe this game should be shared and passed down not horded or sold for silly prices
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Shenmue is worth more than any game that have been launched after it, if you ask me. And that' says it all, specially because many, many greats games have come to fruition after it. That's all I have to say about it.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 pm

mue 26 wrote:You know what I think Im gonna just give my new copy to my friend who has just bought a dremacast and wants to play shenmue 2, I mean what do need it for I have a very good working copy as it is, and I believe this game should be shared and passed down not horded or sold for silly prices

I'd never do that, but if you have 2 copies you may aswell. eBay is so much of a hassle these days.

A friend of mine who studies in Nottingham for university moved into a house where they have a Dreamcast, he told they all play Shenmue I and loved it.

Hopefully we can play online together if they buy the new Sega racing game.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

mue 26 wrote:You know what I think Im gonna just give my new copy to my friend who has just bought a dremacast and wants to play shenmue 2, I mean what do need it for I have a very good working copy as it is, and I believe this game should be shared and passed down not horded or sold for silly prices

Do it and spread the love. :D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Damn I'd sell it and make as much money as I could goes to show there are nice people.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:23 pm

I'd hold on to it for a bit and watch the value go up.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Shenmue II