Genuine Sealed Shenmue 2 help

(Chapters 3-6)

Genuine Sealed Shenmue 2 help

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi i just joined this Dojo today as im looking for a bit of help you see, ive always been a diehard Shenmue fan, ive recently decided id like to get some sealed copys of the games easier said than done. I have a couple of sellers selling so they say Genuine facory sealed Shenmue 2 PAL versions, Please any help would be great.

Seller 1

Seller 2

They cellophane doesnt look right or is it just me?

Thanks
Mond
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: Tastymond
Steam: Tastymond
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue alway's

Re: Genuine Sealed Shenmue 2 help

Postby LawXiu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm

I wouldn't touch them personally. I work in a factory where I could easily seal them myself, it's easily done. It's up to you who you trust. Personally the clear plastic doesn't do anything for me anyway.

And the seem in the cellophane in the second set of pictures isn't centered. Also has a "pigs ear" effect in the corner.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

It doesnt look right does it, i ordered one a while back and when it came it just looked terrible luckily the guy took it back but he was adament he had his copy for years, just how rare are the PAL ones sealed now? as i just cant remember how my originals were sealed at all.
Mond

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

If I remember right, that IS the way they were wrapped. They weren't wrapped like standard DC games because of the cardboard cover, I remember that much. Ask if they still have the receipts. The ink's probably faded by now, so it's a long shot, but it's always worth a try.

For what it's worth though, although they do seem legit, I honestly don't believe it's worth it to buy the game again. I never really understood collectors who buy things sealed only not to use them. Unless of course they'd be re-selling them later. But again, it'd probably be bought by someone who doesn't intend on opening them. It'd be a lot wiser to just wait until they're re-released, despite how far off that may be, because you may be buying the game brand new, but you're more than likely going to be playing it on an old console that will eventually die.

So yeah, I recommend you save your money.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Im not really a true collector i only collect certain games that i believe are the best games ever or that meant something when i played them and its personal enjoyment over looking to make a profit, for instance i really loved the latest Castlevania game that got released so i have the limited edition of that sealed. If anyone has some pics of there ones that are believed to be 100% factory sealed id love to see them.
Mond

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 pm

No "true collector" a collector is a collector. Just different types. I collect all things gaming I love to enjoy. Some to make profit. Some just have to have everything. Just different types. I'm the kind that enjoys what I buy.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LawXiu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:36 pm

There's no real way to tell a genuine sealed one but Mitz is right, that is how they were sealed.

There's also other Shenmue items you can collect. I have both games and I also have both guide books as well. Others in this forum have Ryo's fork truck from Sega all star racing and I think there is a Timex watch. Search the forum and see what you find.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Here, take a look.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42483
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 pm

I guess iam a collector lol i collect statues aswell. I guess its just harder to determine if its legit because the games are old. The sega all star racing figure does look great but i can see that being far too expensive i was only really after a sealed shenmue 1 & 2 PAL.
Mond

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

That sealed shenmue 2 looks alot better than the ones i posted anyway.
Mond

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Summat else you need to take into consideration is that those covers are very difficult to keep in good condition, so there's a good 95% chance that it is legit. And even if it ain't, the discs should be next to flawless. Also, unless they're professional printers, it'd be next to impossible to replicate the cover to that degree of accuracy and quality. If you work in a games shop, or know anyone who does, you could buy it, then ask em to scan the barcode to confirm it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Mond » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Ah no mate its not that i think the games fake just the fact its been used and resealed, its not hard to reseal them so ive heard.
Mond

Postby Takumi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 pm

While working at retail stores for a few years during my teens, we had to repack things all the time using a heat gun and cellophane. I can say with 99% certainty that this is a repack. I've repacked hundreds of items, and the way the seams are wilted / off center is the product of unevenly applied heat and a bad cut job. Machines that pack merchandise don't make those mistakes.

Don't do it.
Takumi
Tomato Store Employee
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: xilezor
Currently playing: Shenmue I PAL

Postby Spokane » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Best Buy packs all their used games and they do a great job, it always looks just like the way it does from the initial factory. They of course put a sticker on it that says its used though, but if it were not for the sticker they could pass it off as new easily if they were crooked.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Gamestop re shrinks games despite being used.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/
Hey there is some collector focused websites out there like RF Generation. Also some vids on Youtube of store owners. Who know what original and re done looks like in some cases.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Next

Return to Shenmue II