Am I the only one who wants to slap Ryo(Fangme's cutscene)?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Am I the only one who wants to slap Ryo(Fangme's cutscen

Postby OL » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:22 am

Sorry bud, the mention still doesn't have any relevance. You're talking about Ryo's interactions with Shenhua as if they have any effect on his interactions with Fangmei. I'm not misreading anything.

And no, there really isn't much in the way of "chemistry" between Ryo and Shenhua. Simply getting along with someone doesn't equate to chemistry. For that matter, there really isn't much chemistry between Ryo and any of the girls in the series. Even with Nozomi, it all feels stiff and awkward.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Zoltor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:40 am

OL wrote: Sorry bud, the mention still doesn't have any relevance. You're talking about Ryo's interactions with Shenhua as if they have any effect on his interactions with Fangmei. I'm not misreading anything.

And no, there really isn't much in the way of "chemistry" between Ryo and Shenhua. Simply getting along with someone doesn't equate to chemistry. For that matter, there really isn't much chemistry between Ryo and any of the girls in the series. Even with Nozomi, it all feels stiff and awkward.

Ever hear of in hindsight, how can you not get it?

I said something like, I'm a supporter of Shenhua, and all, but Ryo doesn't even know she exists, and even if he thinks she does, he doesn't know her.

It's very simple stuff, I don't get what you don't understand. Let me spell it out for you, me saying that means, I personally wouldn't hold it against him/I would understand, if he got with Fangmei, since while I know about Shenhua, Ryo doesn't.

You missed the parts where Shenhua is alittle flustered, and Ryo hasn't been at such piece his whole life most likely,his mind, and spirit seems so much at ease. Then there's the whole ending, that speaks wonders, trust me, neither one of them is apposed to the prospect.

Play Shenmue 2 again, there can never be too much of Shenmue 2 anyway. If you' have a Dreamcast, by all means play Shenmue 1 as well(It's an amazing game in of its self anyway), so you can transfer the save over :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:01 am

OL wrote: *stuff* it all feels stiff and awkward.
^^ errm!? 8-[
nahh, too easy. :rotflmao:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 am

Last edited by Shibiryo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Thief » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 am

I have to disagree big time. I don't know what you're talking about, but the Fang Mei scenes were really well done. She's one of the better characters and Ryo actually interacts with her moderately well. All of his actions seemed like the appropriate ones to give to a young girl who has a crush on him. it's not that complicated. She's young and she likes an older man. Ryo promises to return because he likely values the time and company he had while visiting the Man Mo Temple and appreciates them all as friends. He just doesn't want to upset Fang Mei with his leaving. What was he supposed to do? I think he was very polite with the awkward one-sided crush situation. Fang Mei is a strong person and doesn't need Ryo to "hug" her or whatever -- she laid out her feelings and that was enough.

As for Fang Mei's age. Yes, their age gap is not that large, but you've got to remember what such a difference can mean at that age. Three or four years is a big difference for someone still in their teens. I imagine it's something along the lines of a senior and a freshman in high school -- such a big difference at that particular moment in their lives.

OL wrote: For that matter, there really isn't much chemistry between Ryo and any of the girls in the series. Even with Nozomi, it all feels stiff and awkward.

Very much have to agree with this. I think the problem lands very much on Ryo -- sure he's supposed to be this "stoic" revenge-filled character, or whatever, but he comes across very bland at times (most of the time). I think Ryo, the way he is now, is incapable (as a character) to have any sort of chemistry with anyone.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shibiryo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:52 am

Ask yourself, does it all really matter though?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby OL » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:56 am

Zoltor wrote:I said something like, I'm a supporter of Shenhua, and all, but Ryo doesn't even know she exists, and even if he thinks she does, he doesn't know her.

Oh, pft, I thought you were talking about that whole theory that Shenhua might be a ghost or something, that she's not actually there. Your exact words were:

he doesn't know if Shenhua is real, and even if he thinks she is real(which I do believe is the case), he doesn't know her at all,

That's not the same as being as-yet-unaware of a character's existence. The way you worded it, you made it sound like after he's already met her, he doesn't know if Shenhua is real.
Regardless, Shenhua has nothing to do with the Fangmei situation anyway. He doesn't refrain from "comforting" Fangmei because of Shenhua; she plays absolutely no part in that. So yeah, I get what you meant to say now, but there's still little relevance in bringing her up.

amiga1200 wrote:
^^ errm!? 8-[

Congratulations, you have the wit of a second-grader.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby strider16 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:01 pm

I can not avoid to saying that there is a really awful lot of members discussing and getting pissed by the lesser things I had ever seen in this board and almost every thread. It is really impressive, almost as the fact that old members love to throwing gas into the fire even more than the noobs.
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Postby OL » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Who's getting pissed?
OL
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:59 pm

OL wrote:Who's getting pissed?
^^ my onion, it answers itself (yes, at least i have a sense of tumor.) :mrgreen:
as for the subject, shenmue, or ryo and characters are in a virtual timewarp, age hasn't advanced at all.
sticking to the story arc (not counting the fact almost one and a half decades passed in irl time) ryo would probably have to address the lack of contact, to all he had some sort of bond with, even if it's tenuous at best. (ryo trusts no fucker upfront.)
if the shenmue story is to come full circle, all the characters ryo had an important interaction with will be addressed, if the devs take that into account with the shenmue story.
ryo and fang are relatively in similar age brackets (-4 for fang) and by the time he gets back from 'dealing' with lan-di and his network of donors, the two of them (ryo and fang) can please a certain fanbase, one in this instance, i'm NOT part of.
somebody mentioned nozomi isn't that much older. (and if i'm not mistaken, he was just as aloof with her. getting his end away is the last thing on his mind...it seems?!)
ignore! :mrgreen: *shrug*
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Zoltor » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:23 pm

OL wrote:
Zoltor wrote:I said something like, I'm a supporter of Shenhua, and all, but Ryo doesn't even know she exists, and even if he thinks she does, he doesn't know her.

Oh, pft, I thought you were talking about that whole theory that Shenhua might be a ghost or something, that she's not actually there. Your exact words were:

he doesn't know if Shenhua is real, and even if he thinks she is real(which I do believe is the case), he doesn't know her at all,

That's not the same as being as-yet-unaware of a character's existence. The way you worded it, you made it sound like after he's already met her, he doesn't know if Shenhua is real.
Regardless, Shenhua has nothing to do with the Fangmei situation anyway. He doesn't refrain from "comforting" Fangmei because of Shenhua; she plays absolutely no part in that. So yeah, I get what you meant to say now, but there's still little relevance in bringing her up.

amiga1200 wrote:
^^ errm!? 8-[

Congratulations, you have the wit of a second-grader.

Nah, that's me justifying him going for Fangmei, since at the time, he didn't even meet Shenhua yet, he only saw her in a dream.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:48 pm

I didn't realize calling a spade a spade and calling people creepos for being mad Ryo didn't fuck the fourteen year old girl he barely knows because they have some weird ass power fantasy likely due to being virgins meant that I was "pissed".
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Shenmue II