Odd Camera Glitch Shenmue 2X

(Chapters 3-6)

Odd Camera Glitch Shenmue 2X

Postby theseabass » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I was playing S2X a little while ago when I ran across an odd glitch. I was in Pigeon Park and talked to the little kid who mumbles and eventually tells you he's afraid of you. For whatever reason the conversation kept looping on it's own and Ryo was walking forward while the dialog was going on. After canceling out of the dialog the camera was locked on the place where the kid was originally and Ryo was nowhere on screen. I could still run around but I couldn't get the camera to follow me again. After saving then restarting the game the glitch fixed itself. I didn't think to take any pictures or video at the time, so I'm sorry about that. :oops: Anyways, I thought I'd just jot down this oddity. 8-[
theseabass
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 2X

Re: Odd Camera Glitch Shenmue 2X

Postby Giorgio » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:49 am

Interesting. Have you tried to redo this glitch? To notice what may cause it (specific position, sequence of pressed buttons etc).
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 am

Was this on the 360 or the OG xbox? I had a similar experience on the 360 emulator.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby theseabass » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:01 pm

I couldn't recreate the scenario as talking to the kid did not trigger the glitch again. I can't think of any parameters that would need to be set for it to happen as it just happened out of nowhere.

As for what I was playing on, it was an Original Xbox.
theseabass
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue 2X

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Not related to camera but i once had a npc appeared without his head, took some pictures if anyones interested I'll put em. (This was on 360)
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm

theseabass wrote: I couldn't recreate the scenario as talking to the kid did not trigger the glitch again. I can't think of any parameters that would need to be set for it to happen as it just happened out of nowhere.

As for what I was playing on, it was an Original Xbox.

interesting for it to happen on an OG xbox. I have never seen this happen on that but i had seen odd things like this on the 360.

GYO6161 wrote:Not related to camera but i once had a npc appeared without his head, took some pictures if anyones interested I'll put em. (This was on 360)

The missing head thing is common for Ryo on the 360 but i havent seen it happen to an NPC. Cool!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Reprise » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Weren't there similar glitches, where if you tried talking to a npc and zooming in on a sign at the same time, the camera would glitch out and you could walk around and be invisible? I seem to remember you could actually use that trick to skip some of the loading screens? As you could wander through to other areas that usually start a loading screen.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue II