How Do I Burn Shenmue 2 Pal iso?

(Chapters 3-6)

How Do I Burn Shenmue 2 Pal iso?

Postby alvlegacy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:41 am

Hi, I would like to burn Shenmue 2 Pal version but I heard this game requires 90-min CD-Rs which is hard to find anywhere. Also, any step-by-step guide to burning the game is greatly appreciated as I am a dummy at burning games. Can someone advise me? I really wish to play this game :)))
Note: I initially wanted to purchase the original Shenmue 2 Pal but the online sites are all selling it at an incredibly high price. The cheapest is over a hundred bucks. I am worried my money would go to waste if it can't play on my NTSC-J DC console (I have a disc that is able to bypass region locks though)
alvlegacy
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: How Do I Burn Shenmue 2 Pal iso?

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:48 am

Before I say anything, please note that nothing will ever be better than playing Shenmue 2 on an actual legit GDROM copy.

At this point, it is near impossible to find 99 min discs that work on the dreamcast. Also, you will end up just destroying your laser.

Instead of burning it, I would suggest looking into the MNemo USB-GDROM. It will replace the disc drive and let you just boot stuff off of USB which will let you use an even better version of Shenmue 2 than that you could put on a 90 minute disc.
http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

But if YOU REALLY want to use a 90 min CD-R, stay away from Banana Digital. They are easy to get but they are known to destroy Dreamcasts in both NTSC and PAL regions.

As for burning it, you can find that information by searching the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=40768&p=1110722&hilit=burn+shenmue+pal#p1110722
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Mr357 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:24 pm

I could sell you some of my "Number" brand 99 minute CD-R's, but the real issue would be whether or not your burner can overburn all the way up to 99 minutes. You'd never know until you tried, but that could easily mean losing a disc (I went through about 5 before I figured out that my supposedly overburn capable burner can't handle higher than about 92 minutes). I could, however, throw in one or two of the Mediarange or Banana Digital discs I have leftover for you to use as test dummies. They don't work on the DC, but if you can burn an entire image to them then you'd know that you're good to go with the working CD-R's.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby alvlegacy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:05 am

Thanks very much for all your replies and help :) Really appreciate it greatly^^
To: shengoro86
Regarding the USB-GDROM for Shenmue 2, does it come with the Shenmue 2 game in it or do I have to copy the Shenmue 2 iso files into it myself? Pardon me for the silly question as I am a dummy at technical stuffs. Also, i clicked on the ''How to Buy'' link but couldn't figure where to buy it after that. Can you advise me where to click? Thanks for your time and help!
(Note: I am living in Singapore, in case they don't ship here)

To: Mr357
As I have little to zero experience with burning CD-Rs for games and would most likely sacrifice lots of discs and time before I figure how to do it, is it possible for you to burn Shenmue 2 Pal version using the discs you have? If that's ok, kindly let me know how much you will charge me for them as I am willing to buy from you. Thanks!
alvlegacy

Postby alexh86 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:48 pm

There is a decent standard CD-R version out there with almost everything intact. A little bit of dialog from the least significant NPCs is cut out so you just have the subtitle to read but it really didn't detract from my experience at all. I think I downloaded it from theisozone.com. Of course, nothing beats the genuine GD-ROM version which I eventually bought but there is a decent standard CD-R rip.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby alvlegacy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 am

alexh86 wrote: There is a decent standard CD-R version out there with almost everything intact. A little bit of dialog from the least significant NPCs is cut out so you just have the subtitle to read but it really didn't detract from my experience at all. I think I downloaded it from theisozone.com. Of course, nothing beats the genuine GD-ROM version which I eventually bought but there is a decent standard CD-R rip.

Hi there, just wish to confirm, is the following link the CD-R version you were talking about?

http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... 0min-disc/
alvlegacy

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:11 am

alvlegacy wrote: Thanks very much for all your replies and help :) Really appreciate it greatly^^
To: shengoro86
Regarding the USB-GDROM for Shenmue 2, does it come with the Shenmue 2 game in it or do I have to copy the Shenmue 2 iso files into it myself? Pardon me for the silly question as I am a dummy at technical stuffs. Also, i clicked on the ''How to Buy'' link but couldn't figure where to buy it after that. Can you advise me where to click? Thanks for your time and help!
(Note: I am living in Singapore, in case they don't ship here)

The USB GDROM only comes with the PCB that you put into the console. You have to supply the usb stick and the game isos for it.
I have a video here that shows it:
phpBB [video]

The only downfall to it is that it is expensive but TBH it will let you run 99% of all Dreamcast games and homebrew with any noticable issues.
You can run the best version of Shenmue 2 in english or Japanese on it with no issues as I have did it myself.
Hope that helps!
Sadly, it seems MNemo isn't making many more devices
http://3do-renovation.ru/How_to_buy.htm
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 am

I just installed this last night since my 17 year old DC disc drive finally failed me last month. Playing the uncut English shenmue 2 and I have to say, this is deff my best purchase of 2016!
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Return to Shenmue II