Daily Express article with Shenmue HD re-master rumors?

(Chapters 3-6)

Daily Express article with Shenmue HD re-master rumors?

Postby Jiezeru » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Not sure how reliable this is but came across it earlier. Have seen rumors about this on youtube videos just thought it strange as The Daily Express is quite a large newspaper in the UK. https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... 4-Xbox-One.

Would be amazing to play through the first two again keeping all of the collection, moves, secret items etc ready for the third installment! Perhaps the support for the third game has opened the door for a potential cash cow for the developers/owners?

On a side note I recently got a Dreamcast again recently with Shenmue I & 2 as a gift (best ever!), has been over 8 years since I have posted on this Forum, so pumped now the third is finally going to be a reality. Big respect to all you Dojo'ers for keeping this thing going!
Jiezeru
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Daily Express article with Shenmue HD re-master rumors?

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:39 pm

"Maybe read your daily express oooooo it's a good paaaaper."

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Jiezeru wrote:as The Daily Express is quite a large newspaper in the UK.

It's also a very trashy newspaper, whose previous online coverage of Shenmue has all been of the clickbait variety. This is no different.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Jiezeru » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Hahaha classic Partridge. Thought as much, standard Murdoch media I guess, didn't think there was too much substance to it just hadn't seen anything published Shenmue related on non-"gaming" sites. Sorry for adding to the click bait.
Jiezeru
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby redline » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 pm

if you wanted to secure shenmue's future including s3 success, they should offer the HD remasters for free on psn/xbox online etc.

i highly doubt there is much money to be made in the HD remasters but we can always do with a bigger fan base.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 pm

^
Wishful thinking, but Sega is a business. They don't care about the fanbase in that sense, they need to see some sort of return on any money they put into creating HD remasters.

That's why it was important to jump at the opportunity back in 2015 after the Shenmue 3 reveal at E3. But Sega, being Sega, royally screwed that up.

I still have a feeling they're waiting for a S3 release date to be set in stone and then bundle them in. As for an XBL/PSN/Steam release, I could see them being released individually at something like £15.99 or as a bundle for £29.99.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jerid'sRamenShop » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:56 am

Please let it be on Steam... Please let it be on Steam... Please let it be in Steam... And please Please PLEASE let it be moddable with a Workshop so the community can add to the game, even full blown quests and side stories, items, buildings, etc. [-o<
Jerid'sRamenShop
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue II