Never say never, Shenmue III still a possibility...

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Never say never, Shenmue III still a possibility...

Postby windaddy01 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:18 am

Hey everyone I know this probably doesn't mean much but i read on some random page that someone going by the name ShibuyaVic(their psn user name) was filling out a questionnaire by sega at an R3play event in blackpool when they asked this question "What old Sega games would you like to see brought back to the current generation of consoles?" and then asked this question "If Shenmue, what new features would you like to see added to the series?" here is the the page it can be found on http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/84651 ... rksiders-2

you have to look for it just use the find feature(ctrl+f) of your web browser and type shenmue

also on the front page http://www.r3play.info/ it does mention that sega is an exhibitor at the event

UPDATE
I tried using r3play sega questionnaire as a search term in google and the only thing i could find relevant was was here
http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... 2&p=569370 where someone named rhysieboy84 jokingly?(I think) posted this
"Question 6 (I think) - Which classic Sega franchise would you like to return to modern consoles?

Question 7 - If the answer to the previous question was "Shenmue", please think of another :D "

I have know idea if the person that post it is ShibuyaVic because they only listed his xbox live gamer tag which is rhysieboy84
windaddy01
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Well, IDC something is going on in the SEGA headquarters and i'm liking it lmao. All of this shenmue news has to be good for something, Shenmue city, Ryo in Sonic- Sega All-stars Racing . If Nights can come back from the dead, i'm pretty sure Shenmue can too! =D>
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 am

To me that questionnaire says alot in my eyes. However bringing Shenmue back could mean something like making Shenmue City global however i do believe that bigger things are on the horizon and for the first time in almost a decade i might get a little bit excited come E3 next year.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby mue 26 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 am

^
Damn straight!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Keep it cool, guys, it's too soon. Shenmue City was only now announced and isn't even available.

If that questionnaire is true, wow, it makes one wonder...
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Wanderin' » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Indeed. If that survey is real, then it may appear that Sega has been following us fans' activities (ex. opinions, petitions, commitment to buying Shenmue related [ex. All Stars Racing] products, etc.) more closely than we had initially thought, and that they are in fact becoming MUCH more receptive to requests for the continuation of The Saga.

Like others say, it's far too early for anything legitimate yet - but, it also means that a continuation of the core Shenmue saga will *most likely* come much sooner, than later.

So folks, keep that 80's brown leather jacket and decades old cheek bandage on (with tape, if you have to!) and keep up the good wait - because it honestly is not at all unrealistic now to believe that Shenmue 3 is/will be a reality, eventually.
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to News and Updates