The New Shenmue Dojo

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: The New Shenmue Dojo

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:26 pm

ys wrote:It's all just some personal opinion. Overall it's very good work of course with these remarks being more minor details. I even like the little detail on the main site with the actual Sega logo at the bottom :P I'll continue checking out the other forum

Just joking around, for sure ys. I appreciate all the minor feedback, definitely was looking forward to some. There was only so much we could pinpoint before actually releasing and using it. Though we did modify, change and even fix a ton of things over the past few days of testing. Going from phpbb2 > 3.0.7-PL1 is a huge jump.

Minor change log from last night:

+ Fix PM styling.
+ Thanks mod (change language file and image to match style).
+ Upgrade the theme to version 3.0.7-PL1 to enable quick reply and avoid compatibility issues.
+ Add BBcode previously on the phpbb2 version of the board.
+ Update all posts to match the new BBcode usage.

Definitely more to come. Not sure if everyone is fond of 'chat', but it'd be implemented discretely through the forum, not a separate page or app. Just a nice bonus, was supposed to be up for launch but other priorities with the site came up.

Thanks once more to Mr. Rod for the back-end forum coding and Kodai for the gallery, they came through big in releasing this site.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LawXiu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Nice to see we can hide other peoples signatures, always slowed my loading times before.

Just a quick question Yama, who are you again?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yama » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Old vet, posted here and there but discussed and supported the series through out various other outlets as well. Worked within GameSpot until it's quality drop off, now own, helm and help with various gaming related websites (in my spare time, lol).
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Great job folks. Now if you will excuse me, i have some unpacking to do! :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Axm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Yama this is all very very nice. I love it. Im proud to be back when the site is looking this great.

If anyone hasnt seen the gallery I suggest you check it out! Its great!

This is a new era for Shenmue Dojo!
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Axm wrote:Yama this is all very very nice. I love it. Im proud to be back when the site is looking this great.

If anyone hasnt seen the gallery I suggest you check it out! Its great!

This is a new era for Shenmue Dojo!

You may be married but I am still going to have your babies. (but eat them later)
Welcome back!
:beerchug:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Good job on the relaunch. all looks very prefessional, clean and asthetically pleasing..

Now to forward this to SEGA and tell them to making the smegging game already..

or at least give me Shenmue 1 & 2 HD!
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mr. Rod » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello guys, this is my first post ever. Glad you're liking the forum and site. It was a bit of a challenge converting the forums to phpbb3 because it's basically a brand new software compared to phpbb2. I had to manually edit various posts/sigs because they had HTML (which is no longer supported by phpbb3 in favour of BBcode). If you find any any sig or post that needs to be edited just PM me and I'll do the job. :)

Yama invited me to work in the site and actually has tempted me to play the Shenmue games. I'm really interested from what I've read and seen about them, and I'm planning on getting Shenmue II (Xbox) soon. I hope to be an active member here, cheers!
Mr. Rod
Mr. Fishing Rod
Shenmue Dojo Coder

PSN: Mister_RROD
XBL: Mister RROD

Postby Axm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Mr. Rod wrote:Hello guys, this is my first post ever. Glad you're liking the forum and site. It was a bit of a challenge converting the forums to phpbb3 because it's basically a brand new software compared to phpbb2. I had to manually edit various posts/sigs because they had HTML (which is no longer supported by phpbb3 in favour of BBcode). If you find any any sig or post that needs to be edited just PM me and I'll do the job. :)

Yama invited me to work in the site and actually has tempted me to play the Shenmue games. I'm really interested from what I've read and seen about them, and I'm planning on getting Shenmue II (Xbox) soon. I hope to be an active member here, cheers!

Great job man! You really helped out!
Im glad to see you`re thinking of getting into the series too. I hope you like it. :)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 pm

I kinda miss the old layout too but this should be alright. Needs a bit getting used to.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby silent killer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Riku Rose wrote:I'm more used to avatars on the left but that's just me.

I prefer post count over the thanks system. We talked about it before I believe and evreyone said it would just end up in people afraid to post certain stuff just to try and impress others.

You know, some people would invite a negative karma count. Especially here. If that were possible.

Also, gotta add I'm missing the loose restrictions on avatar size the old dojo had
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Uncle_Raj » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Wow. I hardly ever post here as I run my own website (not Shenmue related, haha) and maintain that all the time, but I do lurk and come to the site often, and I just want to say that I love the new design and think you guys have done an awesome job! Well done! Seriously. It looks great.
Uncle_Raj
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Virtua » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Nice design, though I will miss the old layout. Keep the faith! ;-)
Virtua
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Outstanding design, i like how the portal page and the forum now look a bit more "seamless". Definitely excellent choice of colours. I have witnessed some website remakes and this one definitely counts to the best. Thanks to Yama for starting with this exceptional dedication, really makes this site one of the most beautiful websites i visit.

Also big thanks to Ziming for running the most important Shenmue fanpage on the web for around 10 years without any major downtimes or problems. Definitely a day to be cheering I'd say.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:32 pm

So what's Zimming doing now? Is he keeping his Youtube channel going?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates