The New Shenmue Dojo

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: The New Shenmue Dojo

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm

LawXiu wrote:So what's Zimming doing now? Is he keeping his Youtube channel going?

It's still there, yeah. Everything has been changed to look more like the new Dojo, too.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Hmmm, this going to take some getting used to, definitely, but I do like how you obviously want to keep the spirit alive. The only complaint I have is the text font on the main page under Shenmue Dojo: "Home, Forum, Games, History, Story etc" looks rather generic to me. That's about all the complaints I have though, it's all very well designed indeed. The border at the top of the page with Ryo and Shenhua is especially beautiful. Really professional.

Great job, man. And good luck with your future endeavors here, we're definitely an open community here, and I really welcome change after something like, what? Must be seven years of the same design. Thanks for the dedication.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:52 pm

The King is not a fan.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Care to explain why?

Hope this doesn't mean your post even less.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 pm

'Tis a bad omen, says I. Feel a change in the winds, so I can.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Have we lost some topics? Looking around it seems that some of the older vets have had their post count go down and those around for a little less haven't. I'm guessing the topics where old. Shows how much junk I posted since my post count shot up around a 1000 since it now counts :shock: .
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby JoeMDesign » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Well done, guys. The site looks AMAZING! All the best (and sorry for being a stranger).

Shenmue forever!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rens of heavens » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

This whole forum room is a great place to be a part of, no matter what changes have been made!
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Andy Hughes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Looks great man! Really liking the new design, the buzz is coming back too at the dojo. Good stuff, feel's like old times again :D
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby Ziming » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:50 pm

As the former webmaster to this site I am completely happy with the changes Yama has done. This fan site was really in dire need of a change and Yama has accomplished that in my opinion. I'll still be around to support the site as a contributor with various multimedia and news if it comes to that. Now let me make myself clear in that I'll have no say in what happens in the forums from this point on. When I was in charge I was pretty lax with forum rules but that's going to change under Yama's watch. He brings a vast amount of experience with him and that's also one of the reasons I've gave him the site. It's time for Shenmue Dojo to take on a new direction and I hope you will support him.

Btw everyone I've shown this design today and everyone is amazed at the fresh new look of the place. Even on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJUGgM8OTWE
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Ziming wrote:As the former webmaster to this site I am completely happy with the changes Yama has done. This fan site was really in dire need of a change and Yama has accomplished that in my opinion. I'll still be around to support the site as a contributor with various multimedia and news if it comes to that. Now let me make myself clear in that I'll have no say in what happens in the forums from this point on. When I was in charge I was pretty lax with forum rules but that's going to change under Yama's watch. He brings a vast amount of experience with him and that's also one of the reasons I've gave him the site. It's time for Shenmue Dojo to take on a new direction and I hope you will support him.

Btw everyone I've shown this design today and everyone is amazed at the fresh new look of the place. Even on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJUGgM8OTWE

Ziming let me just say. Thank you. You did alot over the years and while I know when you took over things started rough but you did a great job over the long haul.
The changes now are tough for some of course to take in but we all know it works for the best.
Thanks again Ziming.
:D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ShinChuck » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:51 pm

The new site is gorgeous, and looks extremely professional. I love it, and I think it'll help attract the attention of new fans and curious people who stumble across Shenmue.
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Looks great. Though, I had no problems with the previous design and may still prefer it. This design actually reminds me more of the design during the forum planet days (the design before last). I still haven't checked out all the new features yet, and I'll get to doing that.

And, whoah. Nice to see some old faces lurking about. Axm, Mortis, Peter, welcome back.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:54 pm

One thing that's bothered me right off the bat is the fact that you can't see which topic was replied to when you're on the forum index. You can only see who the last post was by and the date. It would be helpful if you could see which topic was replied to last like before.

Also, custom titles would be nice.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Yama » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:01 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:One thing that's bothered me right off the bat is the fact that you can't see which topic was replied to when you're on the forum index. You can only see who the last post was by and the date. It would be helpful if you could see which topic was replied to last like before.

Also, custom titles would be nice.

Been through it all already and literally have been fixing minor details all day.

viewforum.php?f=49

Post any mandatory changes that need be made, otherwise enjoy!
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates