Shenmue-gai Premiere to be held on Nov. 15

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue-gai Premiere to be held on Nov. 15

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 pm

i know its not the same in a literal sense, but i dont think campaigns of 'death' are the greatest idea lol.

I would actually hazard a guess that Suzuki san would want to finish his story before he passes away, never mind members of the gaming population.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 am

Peter wrote:i know its not the same in a literal sense, but i dont think campaigns of 'death' are the greatest idea lol.

I would actually hazard a guess that Suzuki san would want to finish his story before he passes away, never mind members of the gaming population.

well it'll be like, things that ppl wanna do before they die. example

1. play Shenmue III of its entirety
2. Make a band
3. Get married
4. hit the lottery
5. Meet yu-suzuki

etc. campaign example..

idk, just spitballing here.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm

*Kenshin Himura* wrote:
Peter wrote:i know its not the same in a literal sense, but i dont think campaigns of 'death' are the greatest idea lol.

2. Make a band
3. Get married
4. hit the lottery
5. Meet yu-suzuki

etc. campaign example..

If we were to put together this idea, in a dramatic but funny way, I can see it becoming interesting.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:
*Kenshin Himura* wrote:

2. Make a band
3. Get married
4. hit the lottery
5. Meet yu-suzuki

etc. campaign example..

If we were to put together this idea, in a dramatic but funny way, I can see it becoming interesting.

Ill try to come up with anything, so that we may have the chance to play shenmue III* and so far since shenmue gai is coming out, that still shows that shenmue is very relevant since almost 9 years of waiting now. :)
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Wanderin' » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Well, we can always just make the new slogan more direct than we think. It could literally just be:

"We want to play Shenmue 3 before Suzuki-san retires!" 3 points of interest here:
1) Again, make no mistake - we preferably want to play Shenmue 3, not watch it, not read it, etc.
2) Yes, the slogan could be better worded still so that it instills more of a sense of respect instead of foreboding - that is to say that we want to see Suzuki complete one of his life's works before he officially and peacefully retires of his own accord, and not because he needs to make it now because he's too old, deathly ill, etc. Many of us on here are right: Yu is only in his fifties, which is a prime age nowadays for game making. And yet, I personally just don't see any higher chance of Shenmue 3 being made once Suzuki is in his 60s. Then his 70s. You get the picture. And,
3) Again, the slogan can still be better worded still to better emphasize the idea that we want to play a Shenmue 3 before Suzuki retires because we believe that only a Suzuki developed/produced Shenmue 3 would do the saga justice - and not a Shenmue 3 made by a team than doesn't involve Suzuki's participation.

So, the slogan of "We want to play Shenmue 3 before Suzuki-san retires!" I believe, would be just as dramatic and thought/response provoking without being as foreboding as "...before we die!". A statement like this, I imagine, would force some sort of response out of Suzuki, maybe something like "yes, yes I too want to conclude the saga before I retire, and I do promise that I will do that before retiring!".

Maybe guys/gals, just maybe...
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:33 am

Wanderin' wrote:Well, we can always just make the new slogan more direct than we think. It could literally just be:

"We want to play Shenmue 3 before Suzuki-san retires!" 3 points of interest here:
1) Again, make no mistake - we preferably want to play Shenmue 3, not watch it, not read it, etc.
2) Yes, the slogan could be better worded still so that it instills more of a sense of respect instead of foreboding - that is to say that we want to see Suzuki complete one of his life's works before he officially and peacefully retires of his own accord, and not because he needs to make it now because he's too old, deathly ill, etc. Many of us on here are right: Yu is only in his fifties, which is a prime age nowadays for game making. And yet, I personally just don't see any higher chance of Shenmue 3 being made once Suzuki is in his 60s. Then his 70s. You get the picture. And,
3) Again, the slogan can still be better worded still to better emphasize the idea that we want to play a Shenmue 3 before Suzuki retires because we believe that only a Suzuki developed/produced Shenmue 3 would do the saga justice - and not a Shenmue 3 made by a team than doesn't involve Suzuki's participation.

So, the slogan of "We want to play Shenmue 3 before Suzuki-san retires!" I believe, would be just as dramatic and thought/response provoking without being as foreboding as "...before we die!". A statement like this, I imagine, would force some sort of response out of Suzuki, maybe something like "yes, yes I too want to conclude the saga before I retire, and I do promise that I will do that before retiring!".

Maybe guys/gals, just maybe...

I agree very much =D>
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Hum , the retirement part is not the best idea, if you ask me.
I dont want to be talking about Yu's retirement.
I want him making games for many a year.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:I want him making games for many a year.

Would be a shame to loose the one game evrey 9 years cycle.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:41 am

Why is everyone always talking about Yu dying or retiring? He is only 52,many developers are his age and older and still very active.
For fucking hells sake people cram it. He is fine.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:45 pm

^That used to annoy me but I've come to realise something. The people that say that are the ones who only go in the Shenmue section of this site and also say stupid things like SIII could sell as much as COD with some advertising. They also get excited about a crap looking mobile game just because of the name 'Shenmue'. They shouldn't be taken seriously as they think the game changed their life.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm

*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Riku Rose wrote:^That used to annoy me but I've come to realise something. The people that say that are the ones who only go in the Shenmue section of this site and also say stupid things like SIII could sell as much as COD with some advertising. They also get excited about a crap looking mobile game just because of the name 'Shenmue'. They shouldn't be taken seriously as they think the game changed their life.

Still, it' even more stupid for someone to think that he knows what has changed or hasn't changed another person's life.

Still, it's all good.

Stupidity is a thing I take for granted.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di sama » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Riku Rose wrote:^That used to annoy me but I've come to realise something. The people that say that are the ones who only go in the Shenmue section of this site and also say stupid things like SIII could sell as much as COD with some advertising. They also get excited about a crap looking mobile game just because of the name 'Shenmue'. They shouldn't be taken seriously as they think the game changed their life.
Lan Di sama
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:

Still, it' even more stupid for someone to think that he knows what has changed or hasn't changed another person's life.

Still, it's all good.

Agreed
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Without Remorse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:24 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:

Still, it's all good.

^LOL. =D>

The hate exhibited towards incoming fans and their enthusiasm around here is strange, and is becoming a bit trite. While I don't wish this place to be a hippie commune or anything, I think it wouldn't hurt to have a little more respect for others, especially from members that have been around for a while.
Without Remorse
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: W1TH0UT REMORSE
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates