Sega teases Shenmue HD release on XBLA/PSN

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Sega teases Shenmue for XBLA/PSN

Postby mue 26 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:48 pm

The plot on this one seems to keep thickening..... well not that much but a little bit. There's no way for anyone to know whether this Gamerzine report is true or not, as of right now it's just yet another unsubstantiated Shenmue rumour. The good thing though, is that this seems to have sparked some interest in gaming press and the story now has been given a decent bit of attention on Eurogamer as well as getting a mention on Edge-online

Check out the EG http://www.eurogamer.net/ Sega reply and say the same thing the first guy said.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Sega teases Shenmue HD - [UPDATED - page 6]

Postby mue 26 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Why do we have two threads for the same topic?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Peter wrote:Image

This is the one that was proven fake was it not? Also its called Project Berkley II here also

Yes that was the same time he leaked HT coming out which was true as well as Crazy Taxi.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 pm

That Euro gamer post is sick! Actually got word from sega but as usual they won't comment on future releases. Its soo great reading the comments on these game news sites, a huge amount of people so hyped on this news!!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Spokane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

mue 26 wrote:Why do we have two threads for the same topic?

Its getting really annoying, I know that much.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

This is the one that was proven fake was it not? Also its called Project Berkley II here also

That's the fake one. It's over a year old. .
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Sega teases Shenmue's XBLA "May" be working on something

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Snoopbob2006 wrote:I just started Shenmue II on the dreamcast again for the 495th time and I love how something shenmue related appeared today! Everyone boot up your dreamcasts if we all play together maybe Shenmue III will be announced on http://www.shenmue.com by the end of the week!

Ha! Close enough I guess. Well done for turning on your dreamcasts guys!
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby south carmain » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

all this is actually giving me shivers of excitement, biggest news since shenmue online which it seems I was the only person looking forward to :lol:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Sorry everyone it's a fake. This was posted Jan 20th 2011
masterXbox wrote:Shenmue 1 and 2 rumored for xbox live

any news about shenmue for xbox 360 ?

thanks
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Ryudo wrote:

That's the fake one. It's over a year old. In fact I think it was you who posted this the first time.

Well the latest reports say the HD ports are a year old so maybe it was real but Sega decided in the end to hold off?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Schiff » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

has the time for Shenmue's return come?
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby szymon247 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Either epic or the most epic trolling there ever was. I can't express the joy that I felt when I saw this:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... bla-report

The moment I read "psn" I instantly made a decision of getting a PS3. Then I read xbla and realized that they meant availability for xbox live. No matter which platform this is on, no matter the price - I'm getting this and I REALLY hope we can consider these true now.
szymon247
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Sega has not been afraid to say "There are no plans at this time" in the past. In fact, they said it all the time. So while this response is not a confirmation, the lack of denial is almost a confirmation in my book. This is fantastic news. I'd consider buying a 360 or PS3 just to play HD versions of the game...here's hoping they fix up some of the elements that'll detract the newcomers.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Sega teases Shenmue's DLC "May" be working on something.

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Peter wrote:
Ryudo wrote:They are just going to get let down again. As always.

It doesnt matter if Shenmue DLC is released, you will still moan about it. If it sells well, and Sega tease Shenmue II DLC, you will still moan about it and promise disappointment. If Shenmue II DLC is released, you will moan about it. If all went so well that Shenmue III was a possibility, you would promise disappointment. If Shenmue III was released, you would moan about it.

You would easily be the most pessamistic person i have ever encountered IF i thought you held Shenmue in high regard as most (if not all) people who post in the Shenmue forums. But we know you openly dont. Its because of this that i dont know if your genuinely being realistic, or being the biggest troll (yes, even more so than Jeff) the Dojo has ever seen.

Peter chill. Shenmue is one of my fave series. But the fact remains and you know it we have been let down every single damn time we get excited. Other than Shenmue I'm usually a pretty optimistic person esp since I got sick. I am being realistic. But I think you are getting to emotional about this and blocking your judgement. Lan di sama gave you thank well because he hates me. I get to be the bad guy just because I don't cum buckets when it comes to the slightest bit of hope. The reason is the simple reason everytime I did and you have and everyone else. Nothing has happened. If something finally happens then great. Yes I do hate DLC but I do believe being more real is that even so I do not believe it would sell millions & millions to get Sega's attention. I am only going by the past of this place and Shenmue news. The past in everything in the history of this world is often the best indication of the future. You want to paint me as the bad guy fine. I'm really not trying to be MR negative but I'm painted that way since I'm not overly emotional. I'm skeptical and being more realistic. As I said before the past is a good indication of the future. See when you were not emotional about some maybe news you liked I had this way of thinking as you said added balance to the boards. I think you need to relax a bit. IF not much comes out of this I won't be here to gloat either. If I end up wrong I won't hide in shame either. Be great to see the conclusion of the series. Okay?

Also you didn't need to throw insults. Infact if anyone ever calls me a troll again they will be dealt with.(ESP if I am ever compared to Jeff again...for god fucking shits sake) I have brushed it aside to long.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Hope they can include the original japanese voices with both games.If this turns out to be true,I'm willing to buy for both psn and xbla.Would have loved if they released a Shenmue HD Double Pack in physical form.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates