Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm

You're not a real SEGA fan when you have an avatar and the name Silver The Hedgehog. Like going on a Jewish website with the name Adolf.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: lavrentis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Ryudo wrote: You're not a real SEGA fan when you have an avatar and the name Silver The Hedgehog. Like going on a Jewish website with the name Adolf.

Welp, better take off my Shenmue hoodie then.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm

That's you hoping Ryo is not in the game? Don't bullshit me. You are either trolling me or trolling them with that name.

I honestly didn't know that was you. Never thought anyone would ever want to be associated with the worst game in SEGA's history along with the worst character ever in SEGA. Be like a Shenmue fan naming themselves Congo.
:lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Stocke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Just pre-ordered this for like £14 on steam. REALLY hope it's Ryo.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Ryudo wrote: That's you hoping Ryo is not in the game? Don't bullshit me. You are either trolling me or trolling them with that name.

I honestly didn't know that was you. Never thought anyone would ever want to be associated with the worst game in SEGA's history along with the worst character ever in SEGA. Be like a Shenmue fan naming themselves Congo.

lool no thats me continuing your jews in hitler germany joke.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote:
Ryudo wrote: That's you hoping Ryo is not in the game? Don't bullshit me. You are either trolling me or trolling them with that name.

lool no thats me continuing your jews in hitler germany joke.

:oops: Oops sorry
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNsf-dVe8w[/youtube]

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

:lol: at that thread.Lots of butthurt kiddos.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 am

Ziming wrote: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?4 ... ost7796700

Actually... We got approval for a specific character this morning. But that's all I can say right now... :P

---
S0L
---

This topic has now been locked, so i guess we will just find out who the DLC is for through the usual media feeds.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby lavrentis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Are we getting Ryo? Can't believe he isn't in the main line up anyway. Why did they take him out FFS
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Schiff » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 am

It must be Ryo!
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby Wanderin' » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I didn't want to conspiracy theorize (well, after all, what else do we do on this forum other than conspiracy theorize?) but I couldn't help but not continue to think about this particular possibility.

If anyone has been regularly following Sega up on Facebook, they would have encountered this as Sega's March 7 2013 post: (https://www.facebook.com/Sega) . If you scoll down to said March 7 post, you'll discover that Sega is actually truthfully and sincerely entertaining the possibility of localising and releasing their latest Hatsune Miku Project Diva F title to the West.

And as most savvy posters have already noted, there is actually an incredibly high chance that Sega WILL bring Miku to the West - otherwise how and why would they be SO bold as to be so open about asking their Facebook followers to outright like and share the announcement?

What does this mean and what does it have to do with any more Shenmue exposure in the form of Ryo returning to SASRT? Well, if you'd recall, Miku was one of the top 3 demanded/petitioned characters to be included in SASRT as DLC. And currently, SUMO has confirmed so far that only ONE of the petitioned characters has actually been green lit for DLC.

Too coincidental, or no? For these reasons I believe that there may actually be a huge likelihood that Ryo has thus far NOT BEEN SELECTED for SASRT DLC, and that the one character that has been green lit thus far is in fact Miku. In making Miku a SASRT DLC character, Sega gets an indirect method for introducing Miku to the West ahead of their official Project Diva localisation. Additionally, having Miku included in SASRT may be enough for Sega Japan to consider a release of SASRT in Japan, where Sega fans are absolutely bananas for Miku. For Sega, all of this is a win-win and is playing directly into their laps.

For us Shenmue fans though, if true, then things are not looking so hot for Shenmue's continued recent re-emergence. But, who can say? Cheers.
Wanderin'
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jesse » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Did anything ever come out of this? In terms of any of the DLC characters being revealed?
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 am

S0L posted this on the Steam forums earlier in the week:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I *cannot* talk about DLC at this point. Honestly, I wish I could, not least to explain what's been going off, but it's not simple or straight-forward, in fact the whole situation is somewhat complicated. Even if I could talk about it, this wouldn't be the time or place to do it either, it'd have it's own thread in the SEGA forums, rather than in a Beta thread on Steam...!

I know you're keen to know, and I appreciate there's been nothing of note, but its certainly not down to a lack of desire from me to explain where the situation is at, more that right now, there isn't a lot I can say...!

They also seem to have had a lot of issues with bugs and things, which may be taking priority.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Corey Marshall teases fans with voice over work from Sega.

Coincides with this update from Steve 'S0L' Lycett:
Everyone loves to run with what they think I said

Anyway, I figured I ought to drop by!

First things first, I take exception to suggestions that we offered (off our own backs too) to go and present the results of the DLC vote to somehow further sales. I'm not sure how some people have come to that conclusion...

It was done out of a genuine desire to see if we could get a proven single voice from the community I could use to actually make DLC happen. Bear in mind that we're immensely proud of the game, had a huge amount of fun making it and actually wanted to use our experience to give the fans some new content that we could prove was desired.

As I was very clear about at the time, I couldn't make any promises it would happen and that's still certainly true today. Not least as it requires a very real financial commitment from SEGA to not only pay for us to develop content, but then also to release it.

Look at it like this. If you went to the bank and asked them for a loan to buy a car or a house, they'd probably want to make sure they got that money back and usually with interest on top. It's no different for DLC or indeed any kind of games development. If you're not going to get a return on the investment, why would you do it...

So I knew it would be an interesting proposition, right when I made the commitment to take the results to SEGA when I said 'If you get your act together and organise yourself, I will commit to taking it on'.

And take it on we did. Whilst you were all busy voting (and arguing about the results!) we looked at the fore-runners and started doing concept art. In fact, we actually predicted the winning order pretty much perfectly. Well if it wasn't for a certain Vocaloid (which was a surprise!).

When the votes were over and we'd collated the results, we started discussions on adding DLC to the game, how we'd do it, how it would be delivered and who to seek approvals from.

Indeed, it's common knowledge now we got approval to go ahead with at least one character. In fact we'd pretty much got that character in-game and animated. We needed to do some voice work and we needed to get elements like an All-Star move in, but it was a good 70% there.

But the road to getting DLC out isn't just on the development and approvals side. It needs support from the platform holders, it needs QA time for testing and more.

Originally the plan was to include some new characters in with the game update. In fact, originally we'd planned to get the game updates out on the 14th Feb, so we'd give you one big SEGA Love letter. In fact, the plan was to give you some extra characters included in that update with no additional charge.

...but sadly we had to drop that plan. First the updates took longer as we wanted to address all the issues reported in one go, that's not simple with as many platforms as we had, plus we were also pushing to get the PC version out. At this point we switched to getting the updates done first (as we wanted to resolve the issues) with DLC to be added later. There was also the sticking point of certain consoles having limitations about update sizes and how DLC can be delivered...

So the characters had to go on the back burner until the updates were done and out. Once they were we turned back to them and continued work to get them in. Again we planned to push the characters out as an upgrade but there was questions over cost to develop, but also for QA, marketing and more. Not to mention the cost to release them on the various platforms, it's not free to release DLC you know...

Since then, it's been on, it's been off, it's been on (for some platforms, but not others) and off and.. well you get the idea.

We're no less comitted to solving it, neither are SEGA. What I can't do here and now is say we'll be able to solve it and get them out. But neither can I say it's unsolvable either. Each time I think it's not going to happen and get ready to come and deliver bad news, the situation changes and it looks possible through some way to continue.

I also can't say who or what form DLC may take, as that all depends on the if, the where and the how.

Perhaps you can see why I've purposely not said very much at all. I don't like to make a promise I can't keep.

But... that's where we're at. It's not through lack of trying, it's certainly not down to a lack of desire to get it done, it's just how things can work out.

We'll keep looking at ways to give you the characters you want, but even if we fail, it has only ever been driven by trying to give you, the fans of the game the content that you asked for.

Anyone who tells you any different, well... I'll let you draw your own conclusions about their motives " -S0L

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates