Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

Postby FourCartridge » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

I would like to remind everyone here that the OP has stated that sheer numbers will not determine who's in. After we get all the signatures tallied we will likley have a debate on which 3 to actually include on the SEGA Forums. You guys may have your chance to say you things there.

This is NOT final though, but is very likely(as with this pace, we'll likley get more than 3 to the 1000 mark).
FourCartridge
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: FourCartidge
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: SART

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm

So wait, do you actually work for Sumo?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 pm

FourCartridge wrote: I would like to remind everyone here that the OP has stated that sheer numbers will not determine who's in. After we get all the signatures tallied we will likley have a debate on which 3 to actually include on the SEGA Forums. You guys may have your chance to say you things there.

This is NOT final though, but is very likely(as with this pace, we'll likley get more than 3 to the 1000 mark).

I am a bit confused about it in regards to comments mde by Steve though. They have said that they couldnt include characters like Miku and also Ryo into the game, but if they were to get enough votes, would they go back on that?
(Miku is a 3rd party character, and Ryo was removed due to the vehicle selections for maps not suiting his vehicles from the first game. They did devote some time to at least including a Shenmue map, Yokosuka harbour, but there were other more visually appealing maps so Shenmue as a whole was eliminated)

I just didnt buy the vehicle excuse though. I mean develop a motorbike styled jet ski for water, or a fighter jet for flying, or a black car/forklift for road travel. Either way, i thought all characters from the original game should have returned, especially if this franchise is to compete with Mario, in that changing the roster doesnt bode well for consistent sales based on characters fanbases.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Yokosuka Martian
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Motorcycle, speedboat, chi-you lmao. And what do they mean it wasn't appealing? Yokosuka harbor would be awesome. They coulda even done Guilin Forest if they wanted to.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby FourCartridge » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: So wait, do you actually work for Sumo?

I wish. =( (One of the catches was that there is no involvement from both them and SEGA, so I've been using my time setting this straight with fanbases.)

Peter wrote:I am a bit confused about it in regards to comments mde by Steve though. They have said that they couldnt include characters like Miku and also Ryo into the game, but if they were to get enough votes, would they go back on that?
(Miku is a 3rd party character, and Ryo was removed due to the vehicle selections for maps not suiting his vehicles from the first game. They did devote some time to at least including a Shenmue map, Yokosuka harbour, but there were other more visually appealing maps so Shenmue as a whole was eliminated)

I just didnt buy the vehicle excuse though. I mean develop a motorbike styled jet ski for water, or a fighter jet for flying, or a black car/forklift for road travel. Either way, i thought all characters from the original game should have returned, especially if this franchise is to compete with Mario, in that changing the roster doesnt bode well for consistent sales based on characters fanbases.

S0L himself is a huge Shenmue fan(he posted a gameses vid where he guest-starred to talk about the series). and seeing the support this would get if Ryo success, he would probably brush off any obstacle to get him in the game, like what happened with Big the Cat.

If you don't buy the vehicle explanation, you can post in the art topic we created in the link I posted earlier and prove otherwise.
FourCartridge

PSN: FourCartidge
Currently playing: SART

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Innit, I remember that about Ryo's exclusion. Besides that, there's the Genpu-Maru that they could've used, Wong's boat, Lan-Di's boat, the boat that takes Ryo to Guilin... And Guilin itself could've easily been visually appealing, and could've made for a tactical race if the canyons were included (seriously, those paths were so thin that ants would have to complete QTEs to cross em...!)

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm

LOL at your last comment. And I agree. Did they forget a sequel exists?

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm not too surprised to see Miku beating Ryo..but Vectorman? Is he really that popular? I'd never even heard of him until now.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Oh shit, Ryo's only 4 votes behind Vectorman now. Come on people, we can DO this! The dojo should sent out a mass email, Pat always does that over at SUcK (usually to spam us with pictures of him and Gary Newman making love ;P).
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Wow, they removed a lot of cool characters for Pudding and Danica Patrick. didn't know Billy hatcher was out as well as Jacky/Akira.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 pm

If he doesn't win the DLC vote, we should start a petition to get him in Mario Kart. Then, there could be an easter egg where he gets to run over Sonic with the word, accompanied by typical arcade-style voice "Roadkill" hitting the screen. That'd be fucking awesome-o 3000.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Wow, they removed a lot of cool characters for Pudding and Danica Patrick. didn't know Billy hatcher was out as well as Jacky/Akira.

typical sega thing to do, nowadays whenever I hear them doing something stupid like that their theme always plays in my head as if anything that stupid is trademarked by them
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6hIABR-nU[/youtube]

south carmain has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 pm

We're only 2 votes behind that dastardly Vectorman!! Grrrr.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Wow, they removed a lot of cool characters for Pudding and Danica Patrick. didn't know Billy hatcher was out as well as Jacky/Akira.

Billy Hatcher might of been the case where the vehicle designs would never get full approval from Sega, so he was dropped altogether. It was never revealed it was him, but considering there's a Billy Hatcher track adds fuel to the fire so to speak..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

I guess so, but i men hes got a bunch of critter friends that help him in that game for flying and swimming
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates