Shenmue mentioned in Sony's giant list of video games

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue mentioned in Sony's giant list of video games

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 am

Ya Ziming is usually on the ball in these regards. ;)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 am

I'm getting more hopeful than I should. OMG>
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:11 am

Does anyone even look on the main site for news anymore?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Giorgio » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 am

Ziming wrote:I've already shared the news on our social sites like Facebook (Shenmue Dojo & ShenmueFans), Twitter and Youtube, which is far more effective in sending urgent news out.

First of all, my previous post was not by any means an attack to the site or a personal attack to anyone being part of the Shenmue Dojo team. Of course, not doubt about your endeavours Ziming, and the endeavours of everyone. What I wished to was to shaken up things a bit here, so as I would like to see it as a more active place and up in the news, especially the ones that are calls to actions for every willing Shenmue fan.

Also, the Shenmue page on FB (the one with nearly 20,000 Likes) it could be more active, unless if it has almost the same perspective as the one that is being described bellow. Of course, its updates are more prolific than here, but I think it is not using its maximum capabilities.

Ziming wrote:I've updated the front page to encourage fans to send in their answer.
Thank you! Not just me but everyone about this.

Ziming wrote:I don't create entirely new updates like this on short notice. If we did this for every single voting poll the front page will look ridiculous.

That depends on what your perspective is about this site. If it is like a museum, or better speaking as an Archive, one that is being very eclectic at to what to post, then fair enough. I can't argue with that while that is the perspective. But, if we wanted to change this to an even more active place, then it could count and updates like this. And that's the reason why other Shenmue communities (exempli gratia Shenmue500K) are more active, because they have a different perspective, one that is being focused on endeavours to make Shenmue fans' voices to be heard where it needs to.

And that means a new website have to be founded, one that will concern Shenmue fans and it will be more cautious and open to calls for actions in various forms.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Ziming » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Ziming wrote:
Also, the Shenmue page on FB (the one with nearly 20,000 Likes) it could be more active, unless if it has almost the same perspective as the one that is being described bellow. Of course, its updates are more prolific than here, but I think it is not using its maximum capabilities.

The owner of that Facebook page was very specific as he doesn't want too many updates. If I abuse it I'll be booted out and then we won't be able to utilize it at all.

Ziming has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Ziming wrote:
Giorgio wrote:

The owner of that Facebook page was very specific as he doesn't want too many updates. If I abuse it I'll be booted out and then we won't be able to utilize it at all.

That owner needs to be booted.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Good thing I have a PS4!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Wasn't sure whether to make a thread for this, but volunteers are needed to participate in another photo collage by Shenmue500K, along the same lines as this one from a few months ago:

This time the message will be even longer, thanking Sony for listening to us about Shenmue and further encouraging them to see it through. It will incorporate the new hashtag being used for the Tweetathon campaign following December 3rd.

If you're not camera shy and can spare a couple minutes to clearly draw/print your allocated letter on a sheet of A4 paper, you can raise your hand in this thread or over on Facebook. Johnny will then assign you one of the remaining letters.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Previous

Return to News and Updates