Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

Postby nskachu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 pm

^Dont take the evil path. That is what Xiuying always said. Dont waste your life on revenge.

nskachu has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Fenix
nskachu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with feelings

Postby BlueMue » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Curse them! I was hoping to unlock Ryo today because I completed the whole string of daily challenges but no...
Ryo is unlocked by completeting an entire string of weekly challenges. Not only are these harder but that means it will take like 3 more weeks until Ryo can be unlocked. What a tease!!

At least I can say that I adjusted to the controlls of the game and it's actually not that bad. When you win the cups you can upradge the vehicles in various stats. The not only become faster and control better but later on they get longer boost or a change to get a triple weapon instead of a single one. Combined with the fact that you can buy an All-Star during the race with one star (wich I still have over 250 of) and the slot that gives you three items for another star, the game is really easy - a good thing at least, that it's not as difficult as the big version, wich is damn tough if you want to get everything.

If they'll fix the crashes and minor glitches, improve the performance and give an option to make the slide pad immovable then this is actually a damn good racing game for a smart phone.

Anyway... I hope they release the Ryo DLC for PC and consoles soon. Or at least just for PC. I don't wanna wait to race as Ryo for almost another month!!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 am

Change the date of your phone and unlock him :lol:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 am

The game has received and update and I had a hard time starting it up the first time but it runs now.

What's been done:
- The glitch to get 10 stars every time you start the game has been fixed
- The menu graphics now have the correct aspect ratio
- The HUD actually fits the screen but there are slight graphical glitches on the edges now
- The exhaust flames have a strange but nice effect now. Depending on the car things like Sega logos or smilies are emitted

What hasn't been done:
- The game crashed once during testing and it still completely hangs the phone when you lock the screen. Had to remove the battery this time!!
- The game still has the bad framerate at times and the long load times with the hiccups during the slot game
- The controll options still don't allow to lock the slide pad in place
- The character icons during VS races still always show Beat (who isn't even in the game!) vs. BD Joe
- The countdown display for certain challenges still has those graphical glitches
- Other slight graphical glitches like under the flames on the second lap in Adder's Lair are still there

Still a long way to go until the release could be considered good...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 pm

It's hard to imagine all of these bugs and glitches weren't known about before release. It sounds like Sega set a date and were determined to push the game out the door no matter what state it was in. I'm inclined to feel sorry for Sumo in this situation, as they're left looking incompetent which I doubt to be the case.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks to the hint from Fenix I was able to unlock Ryo early. You simply have to change the date on your phone forward a week, do the challenge and repeat until the string is completed.
BE WARNED THOUGH! If you set the date back afterwards Ryo will be locked again and you acutally have to wait until the date you've finished the challenge to start the string of challenges all over again! I had to go forward with the date twice and now I have to wait almost 3 months until I can legitimately unlock him...

I've made some screenshots of the Android version an uploaded them to the SpinDash gallery. I wouldn't mind if they get shared on the FB support pages as long as the source is mentioned. We'd be thankful for the hits! :D
DO NOT look at the last image if you don't want to get spoiled how Ryo's Allstar looks!

https://www.spindash.de/galerie/?album=71&gallery=267

Some further information: Ryo uses the same voice clips as in the previous All-Stars Racing.
That means they are all from the English Shenmue II dub and no new one have been recorded.
When Ryo's vehicle transformes it makes the original credit added sound from the arcade machine it changes into. On some transformations you can see the Phoenix Mirror covering the screen for a very brief moment.
It's really hard to capture, so unfortunately I didn't get to take a screenshot.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:44 pm

LOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOL. I was joking :rotflmao:

That's funny. It seems the model is the same as the passport Shenmue but with extreme lowres textures and no alpha channels.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 pm

The mobile version just uses some generic model they made with really low quality. The texture on the back of the jacket is an absolute joke! Ryo looked better in the previous ASR game on phones and that was more or less a Nintendo DS port!
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Seems Ryo coming to PC (& possibly consoles) was delayed last minute. Going by that low-res model from the mobile screenshots, the promo material was obviously from the PC version of the game.

If I could talk about, which I can't, I would suggest that maybe the plan was to release a certain character on more than the mobile version on the same date. And then I might suggest that concievably that the plan may have to had change because a few alterations were requested which in turn require time and testing to ensure they were done correctly.
---
S0L
---
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Just seen these comments (from the same user, in conversation) on the Sega forums:

So I've unlocked Ryo and.........

In order to keep him you need to constantly complete the weekly challenges.... seriously? We've waited all this time and there are STILL catches... Sega are a terrible company, because just allowing us to have Ryo was way too much to ask for.
Yeah so if you miss one week you have to wait a further 4 weeks before you can play as Ryo again. Just why Sega?
A bug? are you being serious? No... this is completely intentional after all when you unlock him a pop up box appears and says something like "Keep up with the weekly challenges to keep Ryo unlocked"

Yowzers.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

I haven't noticed that. No wonder he was gone when I set the time back with the methode I used to unlock him early.
Seems it wasn't the date setting after all. How cruel of them to unlock a character like that...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 am

But you can wait some weeks and set the correct time in your phone again, right?

What's the problem with that? Those in Sega Forums said that if you fail you have to restart?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to News and Updates