Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

It's up to you what you believe, but while Sumo are on Sega's payroll for this game, they're a separate company with their own long-established desires for Shenmue 3. Personally I believe that Ryo's vehicles in Transformed were clearly being made in the spirit of cheeky fun so they took it a bit further with the license plate this time.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:More recently in that thread, with probable relation to whether Ryo will still be added to PC/console versions (as that was the current debate at the time of his reply), he states: "We're under directions to not talk about some things, you'll have to bear with us."

PC is a given. It was leaked on PC in the first place and all the DLC so far has released there. Hopefully, it makes it to one consoles but I doubt it would for handhelds..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Ryo911 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Anyone downloaded this on Android? I cannot find it on playstore
Ryo911
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: WkdSide
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Ryo911 wrote: Anyone downloaded this on Android? I cannot find it on playstore

It is not yet on Android, but SEGA said it will come soon.

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Ryo911
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Axm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:32 am

Ofcourse will play the shit off this on my phone and tablet. Would appriciate the console dlc though...
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby hwarangwarrior » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 am

Hello everyone! I know that I am new to these forums and the Shenmue Dojo as far as you all are concerned. However, I am a huge fan of Shenmue and this website and I have been viewing all of the news and forum posts for years and years! I guess I figured it's about time I finally joined you all officially! Anyway, I purchased the original Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast way back in 1999 before it was cool or a well-known game and I'm a huge fan of the series! And in addition to owning Shenmue for the Sega Dreamcast, I also have both the European version of Shenmue 2 for Sega Dreamcast as well as Shenmue 2x for Xbox. I have beaten each game numerous times and I'm looking forward to the conclusion as much as everyone else! If you haven't been able to tell by my user name, I am a martial artist in the Korean martial art of Hwarangdo. With that being said, I have also previously taken Shorin Ryo Karate, Taekwondo, and Aikido. Having trained in the martial arts all of my life thus far, I am also personally fascinated by the history of the Asian martial arts (whether it be Korean, Chinese, Japanese, or others). My love of the martial arts as well as being a hardcore gamer since the 80's originally drew me to the Shenmue series. Yu Suzuki is simply a genius and an extremely talented guy! I have personally researched the Shenmue story plot thus far and I'm amazed at the depth, research, history, and passion he has put into the story of the series thus far! I also believe that there isn't a better time than now to revive the series. However, because so many gamers haven't had the luxury of experiencing Shenmue, I don't see the series moving forward without one of two things happening....either Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are released in HD on Xbox Live and PSN....or the next release of Shenmue will be an all in one remake of the first two games (including the rumored missing boat chapter with Chai) as well as whatever chapters are left that lead to the conclusion. I have been waiting for news of the continuation of the series for years now! And, well, maybe I'm overlooking things here. But if 'Shen 3' is the license plate of Ryo's character in this new Sega racing game, something is clearly up! I'm not saying that Shenmue 3 is in the works right now. But if Sega is putting an easter egg like that into one of their games, regardless of what some official Sega rep says in some forum, at a minimum Sega is acknowledging a demand for Shenmue 3! Obviously, Shenmue Dojo's hard work is beginning to pay off! Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I haven't yet lost faith that someday in my lifetime, I'll get to see the conclusion of the series! In any case, I look forward to chatting with you all! I recently broke out my Dreamcast and am replaying Shenmue. After that, I plan on re-playing Shenmue 2x on my Xbox 360....getting prepped for what I hope will eventually be some good news! We've all waited long enough!!!
Last edited by hwarangwarrior on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hwarangwarrior has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, nskachu, Ziming
hwarangwarrior
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Axm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:23 am

Dude you are hyped as hell huh? Welcome to the dojo ;)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby hwarangwarrior » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:05 am

lol Thank you, sir. I'm hyped as hell, but optimistic is probably more like it. One can dream, right? ;)
hwarangwarrior
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Ziming » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:51 am

hwarangwarrior wrote: lol Thank you, sir. I'm hyped as hell, but optimistic is probably more like it. One can dream, right? ;)

I wouldn't put too much on the Shen 3 plates. You should be more hyped about the Shenmue postmortem in March. I don't believe it to be the grand stage for a megaton announcement, but a significant step forward for a series considered long dead.

Ziming has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby hwarangwarrior » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah, you're probably right Ziming. But at least it shows that they're acknowledging that there's a demand for Shenmue 3. That's probably all it is at this point, though. With Sega, who knows. And yes, I'm definitely looking forward to the Shenmue postmortem in March!
hwarangwarrior
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:36 am

The quarter-million people who received a Thunderclapped #SaveShenmue message last night will be directed to this link, promoting Ryo's inclusion in the new mobile game.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:56 am

I've loaded the game on Android now and it's pretty disappointing, especially for the price of 4,31€

All the 2D graphics look a bit streched like there were made with the old iPhone aspect ratio in mind. The borders of the HUD even go outside of the screen. The 3D graphics look alright and the tracks look pretty similar to the big version of the game but the framerate is rather poor and can get pretty bad at times.

The controlls just suck! They made a really dumb decision with the virtual steering pad. It can be moved around the screen at all times and this doesn't help at all, it almost ruins the controlls! You cannot make quick steering inputs as you'll likely move the pad around the screen. Unless you keep your finger on it at all times, wich is just awkward and makes it really hard to just drive straight then it will wander around the screen further and further.
The car and boat can be controlled after you got a little used to it but the plane is close to unmaneuverable when it comes to tight corners or narrow spaces.
Of course they are clever enough to NOT give you the option to set the steering pad to a fixed point...

The game has long load times and runs highly unstable. Had issues with the first start, then issues after locking the screen and the game really likes to crash when you finished an event and go back to the menu.

Unlocking Ryo really takes time and effort because like it was quoted earlier, you need to fullfil the requirement of an entire week of daily challenges. The can be kinda tough with the stupid controlls and if you wan't to retry them it'll cost you rings! They give you the option to buy rings with the stars you've earned. And those stars can be bought with real money. But at least the sloppy programming fires back on them here! Every time I start the game and select that I don't want to connect to Facebook I get 10 free stars. I'm currently shutting it down and starting it up again and again to grind those stars. Serves them right!

I will try my best to unlock Ryo and won't do anything else with the game. Unless they improve the issues, especially the crashes and poor controlls I have no desire to touch this game anymore then that. It's just no fun at all.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:20 pm

I was just about to pay the $5 and download the game for my android phone and tablet but then read the reviews about it in the store. Really poor job with this one it seems. I want to pay for it and support Shenmue and Sumo but with how this launch has turned out I dont want my money to vote for garbage. I'm going to wait for a atleast one patch to the game before I pick it up.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:41 pm

I read on the official forums a patch is being worked on. Shouldn't be too long to wait.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Fenix » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm faping.

Now I wanna kill the thieft who stole my fucking iphone.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates