NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby BigTuna » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:30 pm

BallisticFaceGuy wrote:
Himuro wrote: Yeah. Sorry. Until an hd version is released or something, I'm done with the Dojo. Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance. The same shit, and for YEARS. Yeah, I'm done. I'll be replaying these games via emulator, but you can count me out on being a part of such a naive, gullible, desperate community. Shenmue is dead, guys.

That's fine if you refuse to believe the hype. Hell, I've given up on it myself. The last chance we had to get the sequel we've wanted came and went as soon as we made it to the PS3/360/Wii era systems in my opinion, but I'd maybe cool it with the insulting comments toward others for having hope. Nobody is required to feel the same way you do about the situation, and throwing around condescending words only shows how insecure you are. Frankly, if it means one less person throwing gasoline on the fire of hatred, I support your departure.

^True that, man.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby aq608 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:37 pm

A while back when Corey Marshall was called in to do some work, he said it was not Shenmue 3. Was he the only one called back? Maybe they plan to release a HD collection with updated voice acting so it can get new fans into the series? I think the voice acting held the series back alot
aq608
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 am

The man was in da house:

http://instagram.com/p/pH2HLsAUym/

Now that's a sexy combo I can dig.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Giorgio
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:07 am

mue 26 wrote: The man was in da house:

http://instagram.com/p/pH2HLsAUym/

And here:
Source: https://twitter.com/Eurogamer_es/status ... 2953340928

He will latter be at Barcelona, Spain, to receive the Legend Award: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 353&type=1

At Gamelab will also be Shuhei Yoshida. Hope they will have a Shenmue chat together! ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

Giorgio has received a thanks from: mue 26
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:14 am

Cool! I swear all these European bastards are so lucky. When is he gonna come to England!? I'd get him to sign my soul.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Wolfgame » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Things got a little heated around here on this topic, just wanted to say this probably won't be the last time we build up anticipation on Shenmue news only to be disappointed. I think we all have different ways of dealing with frustration, the years keep trailing by and we are all moving through the different stages of Shenmue grief. I for one am content with "Denial", even through the overwhelming evidence and logical reasons that Shenmue 3 won't happen simply from a business perspective I want to keep the faith. I can't say that I am not sympathetic to the crowd around here that just says "Shenmue is dead, move on". I can understand why after all these years it can feel like the only option is giving up. Just try to recognize that we have a diverse group of fans with a passion for the series, I have grown so cynical with the gaming industry over the years, and this years E3 did very little to restore my faith. This isn't intended to be a preachy message directed at anyone in particular. I just think we have seen a divide in this topic and I am worried it could approach hostility. I know as I post here I will try to create a positive environment and welcome any Shenmue-centric topics in a mature way. We have come too far to simply turn on each other. There's enough of that across the internet, I'll do my best not to bring it here.
Wolfgame

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 pm

It's okay. I wouldn't worry about us "turning on each other". That was just one person who has left again now anyway.

Anyway, there's been a lot of this sort of passive aggression in this topic:
:agrue: :duel:
But as long as we just respect each other's opinions:
:smilecolros: :beerchug:

Then we'll be okay. I think people should keep just keep on campaigning, as we have been, sensibly and in the right places and keep that passion burning for Shenmue. And also join in with the community even more - join us in the General Gaming Forum and Off Topic Forums, since it's a bit quiet there at times.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Axm
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Giorgio wrote:
mue 26 wrote: The man was in da house:

Source: http://instagram.com/p/pH2HLsAUym/

And here:
Source: https://twitter.com/Eurogamer_es/status ... 2953340928

He will latter be at Barcelona, Spain, to receive the Legend Award: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 353&type=1

At Gamelab will also be Shuhei Yoshida. Hope they will have a Shenmue chat together! ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

One more picture:
Source: http://instagram.com/p/pKLQg4iDXc and: https://twitter.com/ShenmueFans/status/ ... 0208487424
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Yu struck a deal with Texaco? He's gone to the darkside, and I like it!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

i think its safe to say... shenmue is dead... we shall all move on to our normal lives...
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby ShenSun » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: i think its safe to say... shenmue is dead... we shall all move on to our normal lives...

see ya later.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: i think its safe to say... shenmue is dead... we shall all move on to our normal lives...

Maybe Ryo could be a character in next ssb that would be cool.

But really, it's not that there isn't a "shenmue III", it's that there's no "FREE-shenmue" game.
That really sucks, they stole personality for rnadom quests, they stole training for XP, they stole adventure gaming for "press-A".

Not only that, have you seen a game like shenmue that makes you work, catch a leave, fight, run for your your loved in a motorbike ??

It's not that shenmue is the greatest story untold, it's actually that it's gameplay it's still miles from the AAA "you can kill everything".

It fucking scares me that to this day most games are just skinned stallone movies.

Shenmue is still a piece of gamedesign fucking incredible, but for making something like this you actually need a real story, the chops to pull different game mechanics, and artistic direction. That's what bugs me.

A little bit I just want Shenmue, but I want what Shenmue means. It's still avant-garde for today standards.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby badamn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:31 am

yeah...i bought a ps3 for yakuza 3 but it ain't no Shenmue!you just walk around and trigger cut scenes.Actually shenmue kinda ruined us for games.We got to play somthing that had never been done before.On a grand scale with unmatched graphics.I loved it just for the possibilities.One of a kind...the biggest risk only Sega would take....we'll probably never see the likes of it again.Oculus rift is intriuging though.

badamn has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
badamn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jackmonte1987 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

The registration for www.shenmue.com has been extended from 11/19/2014 to 11/19/2015
jackmonte1987
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: thecurse0101

Postby BlueMue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm

And the website still doesn't work...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates