NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Or think how many less people he'd annoy (including himself) if he just said nothing at all. People don't mention Shenmue to get good PR.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby spinksy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

But hasnt he already said he regrets ever mentioning Shenmue............
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:12 pm

I dunno, you tell me.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:16 pm

spinksy wrote: But hasnt he already said he regrets ever mentioning Shenmue............

That was Phil Spencer.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:54 pm

I just feel like a quote like "Rome wasn't built in a day" signifies intent. How far that intent goes or has gone is what I want to know.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

He can change the expresion. "Shenmue" instead of "Rome" because it's actually taking more time.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Quiksylver » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Xbox want us to vote on what we want to see next. Shenmue 3 has been mentioned and available to vote for. I've done it already and it has quite a high vote count so far at 487 but we need it higher. hope this link works http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647 ... hievements

At least its something eh? Seeing as its beating the Halo Wars 2 vote count (which it wasn't earlier), its gotta be a good thing right?

Quiksylver has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Quiksylver
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: Quiksylver

Postby Himuro » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Yeah. Sorry. Until an hd version is released or something, I'm done with the Dojo. Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance. The same shit, and for YEARS. Yeah, I'm done. I'll be replaying these games via emulator, but you can count me out on being a part of such a naive, gullible, desperate community. Shenmue is dead, guys.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Supa » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:32 pm

I see no point in half of this thread, with the same stock behaviors.

Welcome to the Shenmue Dojo. We are all Shenmue fans, and discussion is undoubtedly going to happen concerning Shenmue III. We all want it, even if there is a slim chance of it ever happening. So excuse the people who get excited over stuff that is said by X executive and X game company, because honestly, nobody truly knows what goes on behind closed doors except for the execs themselves. Note: this applies to anyone who has been a member of the Shenmue Dojo Community since before 2005 (!). Whoever the guy was that said it has become the cool thing to be negative and down on anyone with hope is spot on.

That being said, it is entirely ridiculous on "people who haven't given up" side to be nasty or rotten to users on here or people over a game. We get it, Shenmue is awesome, but at the end of the day, we would still be alive without it.

Can't everyone just be decent?

Supa has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, ys
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Himuro wrote:Shenmue is dead, guys.

Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him... I mean it... I mean...

But seriously I'm sorry we're souring the dojo for you. It's just that hope is all that some of us have left for Shenmue. It's hard to give up hope for something you care so much about. It's not like we obsess about shenmue every day all year. It's just a hobby. When I leave the dojo I think about shenmue from time to time but for the most part I'm spending time with my wife and baby girl or at work or serving at my church. Shenmue is just an escape. If shenmue is never finished I'll still die a happy man having lived a blessed life. Not trying to get all spiritual or anything. But please stay if you can bear us. We need some voice of reason when we can't see straight through our blind optimism.

elfshadowreaper has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Marcelinho
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm still pretty confident that we'll get at least a Shenmue I, Shenmue II HD collection released this year or next. There has been way too much chatter and smoke this year for nothing to happen. We are pretty sure that they were working on it. So who knows? Maybe they had to change direction with the release of the next gen consoles?

Blind optimism? Probably. Call me Stevie Wonder.

ChaiOgawa has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26, Supa
ChaiOgawa
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:55 am

Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance.

To be fair, I was the only one celebrating it (and why not really? It makes me happier than succumbing to cynicism does). But on a real level, in what world would a high profile Sony exec tweet that as a pr stunt? What fucking "pr" are they going to get out of that? It defies logic. Can you actually explain why you're so certain it's an empty pr stunt? The only thing he's guaranteed to get out of it is the Shenmue army on his back, and that's not usually a desirable thing (especially if his words really are meaningless). Now, I'm not saying Shenmue 3 is confirmed for PS4, or that they are actually making anything right this minute, but maybe he really does have something Shenmue related in mind, I mean, it would make a lot more sense than him being an internet troll.

All this "I'm done with the dojo, you guys are all gullible fools, unlike me" is more like PR bollocks than that tweet to be honest.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Giorgio
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby spinksy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 am

Most likely my last comment for this thread.........

but as I said before the most exciting revelation so far for me has been Yu admiting that he's 'working on something' but can't disclose what.......... [-o<

spinksy has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby ys » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:05 am

Himuro wrote: Yeah. Sorry. Until an hd version is released or something, I'm done with the Dojo. Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance. The same shit, and for YEARS. Yeah, I'm done. I'll be replaying these games via emulator, but you can count me out on being a part of such a naive, gullible, desperate community. Shenmue is dead, guys.

I saw you make a similar comment about the community recently and it kind of left me wondering. I namely don't think that the majority of the community is that way. Hell, I still remember that many stopped hoping for real around 2004 when Shenmue still wasn't shown at game conferences. Save a few enthusiastic members, most adopted a wait-and-see attitude. So I think that very few here really expect the game to show up out of nothing at a game show. Or get giddy all day because of some short piece of news.

The fact that we also have an active general gaming forum shows that not everything revolves around Shenmue. It's just the common factor for the members so to speak.

I personally have a lot going on in my life and don't think of the game every day. But being a fan I'll quickly check out Shenmue-related news even if we all know that it's most likely nothing. But I don't see it as very gullible or desperate to just wonder for a short while how great it would be IF it turns out to be something relevant.
Anyway, that's just how I perceived things judging from what I happened to see here.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby BallisticFaceGuy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Himuro wrote: Yeah. Sorry. Until an hd version is released or something, I'm done with the Dojo. Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance. The same shit, and for YEARS. Yeah, I'm done. I'll be replaying these games via emulator, but you can count me out on being a part of such a naive, gullible, desperate community. Shenmue is dead, guys.

That's fine if you refuse to believe the hype. Hell, I've given up on it myself. The last chance we had to get the sequel we've wanted came and went as soon as we made it to the PS3/360/Wii era systems in my opinion, but I'd maybe cool it with the insulting comments toward others for having hope. Nobody is required to feel the same way you do about the situation, and throwing around condescending words only shows how insecure you are. Frankly, if it means one less person throwing gasoline on the fire of hatred, I support your departure.

BallisticFaceGuy has received 3 thanks from: BigTuna, Giorgio, tomboz
BallisticFaceGuy
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates