NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Postby spinksy » Sat May 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Pretty sure this is real, and it has really really annoyed me!

Sega is a joke! They literally take the pee out of us!

Jokers
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby BlueMue » Sat May 24, 2014 3:29 pm

They just tried to be funny and I'm sure they believe they are. To bad no one told them that it's really stupid to make fun of your own fans. I mean seriously! All it does it piss us off and it's not like they haven't already done that enough in the past...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Sat May 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I can understand the harsh feelings, but understand that SEGA Of Japan is the only real branch with control over half of that stuff. SEGA Of America and SEGA Europe do very little except for make mobile or downloadable games I'm fairly certain. I'm assuming the Japanese fanbase bothers SEGA Of Japan about Shenmue III (and a lot of the stuff on that list as well), but it seems SEGA Of America and SEGA Europe's customer service team get bothered with that Shenmue III question a ton, and they can't do anything about it except answer with the standard "no comment, check sega.com for latest news".

They are making light of the situation. I wouldn't hold it against them too much even though it is irritating. Just think about if you had multiple people replying to everything you said with random questions unrelated to what you just said, and this happened every day, all over all of your social media and in letters, email, etc. And also some of them happened to be very hateful. It would get old.

That said, it is still annoying and I don't think they should be making so much effort to trivialize Shenmue fans, but it is what it is.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Totti » Sat May 24, 2014 3:40 pm

](*,) Can someone give us final answer is this slide real from sega or fake ????????
Totti
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat May 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Supa wrote:They are making light of the situation. I wouldn't hold it against them too much even though it is irritating. Just think about if you had multiple people replying to everything you said with random questions unrelated to what you just said, and this happened every day, all over all of your social media and in letters, email, etc. And also some of them happened to be very hateful. It would get old.

That said, it is still annoying and I don't think they should be making so much effort to trivialize Shenmue fans, but it is what it is.

I realize these aren't decision makers but sega should have a handle on these idiots who think it's cute to make light something that so many people hold dear. And it's easy for people to criticize when they get their steady stream of uncharteds, halos, CODs, yakuzas and sonics but here we are for more than a decade still waiting for resolution. I can't help but feel betrayed that I started a story I may never complete. And not just in game form. The least they could do for us is allow yu to tell the story in some medium. Seriously sega, take pride in bringing fans what they want. If you don't want to risk millions on making a game you have no guarentee of a return...I get that. But for goodness sake, give us what we want in some form. Just look at how happy those two postmortem slides made us. We were thrilled to get just a sliver of information about what the future holds for ryo. But do whatever you think makes the shareholders happy.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: KX-5
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat May 24, 2014 10:46 pm

It's real, apparently:

https://twitter.com/ShenmueFans/status/470128694561095680

It does smack of arrogance, doesn't it? They may as well have titled the slide: Things we won't answer.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Supa » Sat May 24, 2014 11:07 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
Supa wrote:They are making light of the situation. I wouldn't hold it against them too much even though it is irritating. Just think about if you had multiple people replying to everything you said with random questions unrelated to what you just said, and this happened every day, all over all of your social media and in letters, email, etc. And also some of them happened to be very hateful. It would get old.

I realize these aren't decision makers but sega should have a handle on these idiots who think it's cute to make light something that so many people hold dear. And it's easy for people to criticize when they get their steady stream of uncharteds, halos, CODs, yakuzas and sonics but here we are for more than a decade still waiting for resolution. I can't help but feel betrayed that I started a story I may never complete. And not just in game form. The least they could do for us is allow yu to tell the story in some medium. Seriously sega, take pride in bringing fans what they want. If you don't want to risk millions on making a game you have no guarentee of a return...I get that. But for goodness sake, give us what we want in some form. Just look at how happy those two postmortem slides made us. We were thrilled to get just a sliver of information about what the future holds for ryo. But do whatever you think makes the shareholders happy.

And I totally agree with everything you said. And I'm sure that there a lot of SEGA employees across the world that want Shenmue III as much as us, but nobody knows anything probably except for the suits and the Japanese developers...I've talked to a lot of the SEGA community team years ago on their forum and they hadn't even heard of Shenmue Online. This was 2005, I think, and SO was announced in August of 2004.

In reality, with a game as huge as the Shenmue series, it'd probably take way too many resources for SEGA to handle, money and staff.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sun May 25, 2014 12:49 am

It's a catch22 for sega.

They won't spoil an announcement and they won't say "shenmue is dead, deal with it".

The only thing they can do is say "we appreciate there's such a strong following for shenmue/sega" or some bullshit like that.

In another news bob's game kickstarter succeded, some weirder shit has happened, shenmue III is not that weird ¿?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby KX-5 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:02 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:

Couldn't have put it any better myself Elf >.>
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby Axm » Sun May 25, 2014 6:40 am

I think alot of you are taking this too harshly. Id rather them make jokes like this, recognizing the fan base as rabid die hards then completely ignoring us. I LOL'ed hard at the Whale joke.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Stocke, Yama
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Sun May 25, 2014 6:41 am

Let's go back to being excited about the trademark...
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Sun May 25, 2014 7:53 am

Thief wrote: Let's go back to being excited about the trademark...

...and end up in the disappointment of E3...
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Wolfgame » Sun May 25, 2014 7:58 am

:???: well, the excitement was fun while it lasted.
Wolfgame

Postby laagi » Sun May 25, 2014 10:15 am

This is just getting ridiculous... Seriously ](*,) I feel like they really just try to ruin this great franchise for everyone!

Like someone said before me unless there's real evidence for anything regarding Shenmue 3, Shenmue 1+2 HD or whatsoever; I won't get my hopes up. I've been disappointed too many times up until this point. :-({|= :lol:
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Gojiratron » Sun May 25, 2014 10:35 am

Axm wrote: I think alot of you are taking this too harshly. Id rather them make jokes like this, recognizing the fan base as rabid die hards then completely ignoring us. I LOL'ed hard at the Whale joke.

Yeah, it was intended as a bit of banter and l did laugh at the Sonic character joke. The PSO2 comments were ill-advised though as the fans have every right to ask what's going on there. At the very least they should be telling us if they still intend on localising it or not.
Gojiratron
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates