Shenmue and Streets of Rage soundtracks coming to Vinyl

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue and Streets of Rage soundtracks coming to Vinyl

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:56 am

Do you guys know if the street of rage remastered Soundtrack will have tracks from the 2nd game? I love the intro song from the 2ND game and some of the stages music we're really good.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby sand4fish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:39 pm

The_Intruder wrote: Do you guys know if the street of rage remastered Soundtrack will have tracks from the 2nd game? I love the intro song from the 2ND game and some of the stages music we're really good.

Nope, only music from the 1st game will be there and the same goes for Shenmue. Data Discs are already in talks of releasing a trilogy for SoR though. ;-)
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 pm

It would be really nice if they do a Shenmue II soundtrack and looking at the track listing of the Shenmue OST remastered it's missing some of my favorites from the original soundtrack like memories from distant days, borrowing Noyuki's bike and Nozomi confession.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Vome » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm not an audiophile, so I really don't understand the clamor for vinyls. However, that is pretty nifty to see game music put on vinyl since vinyl records are awesome. I have two of those just for collecting purposes, as I don't have a player for them, but I wish those were made just as collector pieces, and that there were still players for them.

I really hope people who buy this actually plan on playing these records and not just displaying them or even worse re-selling them.
Vome
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby squall » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:44 pm

I for one plan to buy them (not yet though, as I'm moving soon and don't know what the address will be to ship them to in Sept.) and play them. My record setup is certainly not audiophile quality, so I don't get a great boost in sound quality. But there's something about playing a record...but, I'm also in my 30's and listened to some records when I was growing up. So there's that.
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Data Discs have confirmed they will be shipping these earlier than the original shipping date. All being well, they will begin shipping around the 28th August.

https://twitter.com/datadiscs/status/627600100643225600
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SheepheadCG » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm

A new update appeared a couple of days back. A slight delay in shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/datadiscs/post ... 6165302941

SHIPPING UPDATE: DATA001 & 002
Just to keep everyone updated, we've run into a minor delay with these two releases. There was a slight technical problem with the OBI strips, so we insisted on proofing them prior to assembly. Whilst this has held back the production temporarily, we felt it was a necessary step in order to ensure that everything is as perfect as possible.
We've been informed that both records have now been assembled and we are expecting to receive a shipping confirmation shortly. Once received, we will begin fulfilling your orders immediately, starting with the earliest ones first.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Team DATA x

So excited for this to turn up! The samples of the remaster sound so damn good! Going to frame it and stick it on the wall as well.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby BlueMue » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:22 am

Data Disc just mailed out that they start shipping the vinyls NOW.

Both STREETS OF RAGE and SHENMUE are now shipping. We're extremely pleased with how these have turned out and hope you enjoy spinning them soon!

We will be fulfilling your orders in the coming days, starting with the earliest ones first. We're working flat out to get these to everyone as soon as possible, but please be patient and give us some time. Rest assured, we will get to your order soon enough! You'll receive an email confirmation as soon as your order has shipped.

We'll also be announcing our next titles very soon and are looking forward to sharing plenty of exciting news. We will not, however, be taking any pre-orders for DATA003 until all existing orders have shipped.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their interest and support since we launched back in May. It means a lot!

With regards,

DATA DISCS of London
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 am

I actually went on that site and registered for their newsletter thingy, as I couldn't find any "buy" button on there. That was months ago, as far as I remember. The website said something like "register here and we will keep you informed once the record is out." or something like that. However, they failed to send me any "Buy the record here"-link through email, as well as any email other than the "registration complete" one.

Maybe I was too stupid to handle the website but at the end of the day I think they want my money, I don't need their stuff so they are the ones who should be worried about making the buying process idiot-proof.

I really wanted this record badly at one point but now I'm not too unhappy about not having bought it because my preamp also broke down and I will have a couple of far more important investments to make over the next two years so I won't be able to listen to vinyl records again any time soon.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ziming » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Streets Of Rage & Shenmue Vinyl Unboxing

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby NekoFever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I got mine yesterday and they're lovely sets. Really nice representation of the cover art to frame and put on the wall as well.

Now I just need a turntable so I can actually play them :rotflmao:
NekoFever
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:15 am

Ziming wrote: Streets Of Rage & Shenmue Vinyl Unboxing

phpBB [video]

Hmmmm... I was not gonna get this anymore, but after seeing this video I'm not too sure about it. This looks so awesome. Just the blue color of the record looked a bit underwhelming to me. On the pictures, it looked clearer, louder. I might actually be getting the classic black one.

I need to think about it again. This might be something for my Christmas wish list. :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:57 pm

The big question is HOW DOES IT SOUND?!?!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:00 am

If you play it on a good record player with a fresh needle on it, good preamp, speakers and everything, I think remastered versions of those songs would sound absolutely stunning.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 am

Mine arrived today. The covers have a nice printing quality and they look great and really impressive because of their size, especially compared to the game cover. Unfortunately they don't have any kind of hint on them what version is inside (black, blue, translucent), not even a production number or anything. I find that a bit lame because I'll probably never gonna know wich on is wich as I don't intend to open them since I don't have a record player anyway.

I still doubt that the vinyls sound better then the CDs. First of all the CDs were already incredibly well mastered and sounding and vinyls simply cannot deliver the dynamic range and SNR that a CD has, wich is important for this type of music. The remastering of the vinyls was probably really just to make the tracks play well on a record player.
Of course I haven't heard them so don't take this as a solid verdict.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates