Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 am

south carmain wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Talking to your spouse is Relationship 101

don't have to tell me that. it's just that people here are actually asking PERMISSION to spend x amount of money. that seems ridiculous to me. unless she is making the money and you don't make any money. but then I would feel way to embarrassed to ask for money.

and about sucking my dick. lol in the real world it's the wife who wants more sex than the man. not that I would ever use it as leverage but again in what world do people live in where the wife doesn't want sex... :?:

If you have a family and you're not really drowning in money then you usually talk about spending money. Gonna tell you a secret - I did not ask my wife for permission. But if i would have bought the 500 Dollar package and she found out I'd have a hard time explaining why we buy the cheapest diapers and spend 500 Dollars on a video game that she won't play anyways.

Also in a "good" family you don't argue like "I'm the man, i earn the money, period". My wife is "just" a house wife, but i think that is sometimes harder than my "well earning job", if you don't honor that then you just are simply a terrible husband and selfish person imho. With a girlfriend it's a whole different world, can't really compare that to a family with kids, mortgages, loans and stuff where you can't spend all your money just for your personal pleasure...

why isn't your wife working then? being a housewife is the easiest job in the world. unless you make a ton of money I don't see why not both of you should be working. it's better for you to work 20 hours and her so you do both of you the house, kids and job. but honestly people still seem so stuck in old things. especially woman. my girlfriend for instance has a very good job but I work myself because I don't want to be dependant on her. so again how your wife can coop with that is beyond me

Why don't you stay out of other people's lives and keep on topic?

because I'm a curious person, interested how other people seem to think and life. that's why we are on earth anyway, gathering information.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:38 am

You just come off as a massive prick implying how you live is better and telling him how to live his life. It's not your business to tell the man how he should deal with his family and this certainly isn't the thread to do so either.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:40 am

I am praying to god it makes 4 million. I know I am already over the moon for all of this, but the only slight slight bit of fear I have is that it underperforms. 4 million would make me feel very comfortable that this was an absolute success. Any more than 4 million and not only was it a success, but a major success beyond anyone's expectations.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:45 am

Peter wrote: I am praying to god it makes 4 million. I know I am already over the moon for all of this, but the only slight slight bit of fear I have is that it underperforms. 4 million would make me feel very comfortable that this was an absolute success. Any more than 4 million and not only was it a success, but a major success beyond anyone's expectations.

The odds are in our favour anyway. kicktraq which bases it's predictions on how kickstarter trends usually happen in addition to using hard data estimates that at this rate we will attain 32 million by the end of the campaign. Now I don't think we're going to get that high but kicktraq does have a decent record with it's predictions.
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet ... chart-mini

We can all be very thankful for sony using E3 to promote it. The amount of hype and publicity that caused probably at least tripled it's potential amount.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 am

Peter wrote: I am praying to god it makes 4 million. I know I am already over the moon for all of this, but the only slight slight bit of fear I have is that it underperforms. 4 million would make me feel very comfortable that this was an absolute success. Any more than 4 million and not only was it a success, but a major success beyond anyone's expectations.

It will.have to take in less than $1500 an hour from right this moment until the end not to hit 4 million, currently it's doing 9-10k an hour.

Unless there is a dramatic shift we will probably end up around 5-6 million taking into account it's unlikely we will maintain 10k an hour outside the first week. There may be a small rush at the end too.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 am

Honestly - with the current attention of the project it is nearly impossible to not reach the 4 million. After just 2 days it is impossible to forecast much, but at the moment I'd be surprised if it ends up with less than 5 million. So i guess we might even see more stretch goals.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 am

drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:23 am

That Ryan Paton interview was nice, I'm looking forward to more interviews and stuff like this :)
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:33 am

I would like some more insight about the new systems the game will have, but if they're waiting to reveal those to the final push of the kickstarter, I would like some polls, something stupid like "favourite moment" "favourite quote" "faavourite character" any of that stuff, with some videos or something like that, so newbies can get a feel for shenmue.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am

WOW. JUST WOW.

Michael Huber's Shenmue 3 Reaction (youtube.com/watch?v=IsS0fWIo9FY) presented with Shenmue characters!

Source: https://twitter.com/nambabowl/status/611172660416937984
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby shenhua legend » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 am

mue 26 wrote: That Ryan Paton interview was nice, I'm looking forward to more interviews and stuff like this :)

I agree, the 3rd update brings me some peace because coming from the Mighty no.9 and Bloodstain campaign, this one was looking poorly done, managed and explained.
shenhua legend
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby blacktorn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:44 am

drunkensailor wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Talking to your spouse is Relationship 101

don't have to tell me that. it's just that people here are actually asking PERMISSION to spend x amount of money. that seems ridiculous to me. unless she is making the money and you don't make any money. but then I would feel way to embarrassed to ask for money.

and about sucking my dick. lol in the real world it's the wife who wants more sex than the man. not that I would ever use it as leverage but again in what world do people live in where the wife doesn't want sex... :?:

If you have a family and you're not really drowning in money then you usually talk about spending money. Gonna tell you a secret - I did not ask my wife for permission. But if i would have bought the 500 Dollar package and she found out I'd have a hard time explaining why we buy the cheapest diapers and spend 500 Dollars on a video game that she won't play anyways.

Also in a "good" family you don't argue like "I'm the man, i earn the money, period". My wife is "just" a house wife, but i think that is sometimes harder than my "well earning job", if you don't honor that then you just are simply a terrible husband and selfish person imho. With a girlfriend it's a whole different world, can't really compare that to a family with kids, mortgages, loans and stuff where you can't spend all your money just for your personal pleasure...

why isn't your wife working then? being a housewife is the easiest job in the world. unless you make a ton of money I don't see why not both of you should be working. it's better for you to work 20 hours and her so you do both of you the house, kids and job. but honestly people still seem so stuck in old things. especially woman. my girlfriend for instance has a very good job but I work myself because I don't want to be dependant on her. so again how your wife can coop with that is beyond me

Man you have issue's,nothing wrong with a women carrying out her natural duty to have and look after kids and provide for a home,if you feel guilt in your relationships that's between you two...
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 am

So pretty much Sony is help funding YS Net to Make Shenmue III, SEGA gave Shenmue rights to Yu-san? This kickstarter is pretty much a pre-order to see how many people wanted the game and within 9 hours 2.7 million and counting. 4 million is the ultimate goal. I think it will surpass that. Bloodstained kickstarter reached $5,545,992 and its original goal was 500,000 I believe.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:56 am

phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bigwilma » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 am

Taren Fox wrote: Wow, the kickstarter slowed to a crawl once Sony announced it was backing the game.

Suzuki deserves this and the fans deserve this, It's been an incredible few days, lets face it most of us had given up years ago. I do think Sony's involvement will jar with some and I include myself in that. There is still a residue of irony watching Sony bask in the emotional goodwill of Shenmue fans worldwide. The game the PS2 effectively cancelled all those years ago and the game that effectively killed Sega at it's creative peak.

I don't own a ps4 but thankfully their is a physical release PC version planned. Credit to Sony for being a huge part in getting Shenmue 3 realised. But what must they be thinking over at Sega HQ, a company that simply becomes more irrelevant each passing day watching their greatest game effectively become a Sony game. I honestly have reservations about the ability of the modern entity known as Sega to give the first two games a quality HD makeover. HD versions of I and II will inevitably launch before III and it's incredibly important to the wider commercial success of Shenmue III that the HD remakes are very very good.
Bigwilma
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates