Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:20 am

Has to be Manchester. Greatest city on the planet n all that.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: 5150
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Ziming » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:32 am

News of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter reaches Time magazine!
http://time.com/3923809/shenmue-3-kicks ... id=fbshare

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Flatlandaniel, Giorgio, MiTT3NZ
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 am

can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

also sad to see the ticker is going slow now. I fear maybe because sony(which is good news) are now involved and the kickstarter site and video look pretty terrible. hope they change this soon
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 am

drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

... I can't find the facepalm emote. So oh well I guess.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 am

drunkensailor wrote:can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

also sad to see the ticker is going slow now. I fear maybe because sony(which is good news) are now involved and the kickstarter site and video look pretty terrible. hope they change this soon

Well I'm guessing people with wives have a common family budget so they consult their partner before making big expenditures. As for people who ask their girlfriends for permission they're just really submissive.

south carmain has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:13 am

I asked my mom for permission.. but she said no.

I stole her credit-card though so we're a-ok.

Thief has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 am

drunkensailor wrote: can anyone please explain to me why they need to talk with their wives about doing this? don't you guys have a job or other ways of income? it's your money and you decide. my girlfriend wouldn't dare to say otherwise, in fact she's very happy for me and for herself as she likes shenmue a lot too.

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Talking to your spouse is Relationship 101

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 am

Thief wrote: I asked my mom for permission.. but she said no.

I stole her credit-card though so we're a-ok.

Wow way to flaunt your mother privilege.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby fitz5487 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:25 am

Locke_cole wrote:

Because at the end of the day my wife is going to suck my dick, not yu suzuki. I'm not asking for permission as much as letting her know whats going on so she doesn't see a mysterious 500 charge and decide to call the bank and freeze the account.

Haha I was about to write the same thing; and the above about the common budget. I thought that was obvious. I would also be a bit concerned if one of my friends' girlfriends wouldn't 'dare' question them. What if she did 'dare'? What's the consequence?

The mortgage people probably wouldn't be too keen on me randomly donating large sums of money to an unmade computer game either.
fitz5487
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:37 am

Locke_cole wrote:

don't have to tell me that. it's just that people here are actually asking PERMISSION to spend x amount of money. that seems ridiculous to me. unless she is making the money and you don't make any money. but then I would feel way to embarrassed to ask for money.

and about sucking my dick. lol in the real world it's the wife who wants more sex than the man. not that I would ever use it as leverage but again in what world do people live in where the wife doesn't want sex... :?:
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shenhua legend » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:58 am

Really happy we got confirmation of Sony involment, this brings a lot security to the project plus all the perks of having them backing you. Now, if only they could make the HD collection a reality...

shenhua legend has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
shenhua legend
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Taren Fox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

I want 1 and 2 to be remade so I can import like 50 bags of potato chips, 100 light bulbs, and 20 copies of Flower Girl on cassette into Shenmue III.

Taren Fox has received 4 thanks from: Amir, FlagshipFighter, MiTT3NZ, Yama
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby redline » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 am

sounds like sony will be helping out & adding some cash to the project -

phpBB [video]

redline has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Hazuki_san
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:10 am

wdrpgwd wrote: My brother and I opened the $250 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue tonight to celebrate. We are both 35 and don't play games much anymore. That is about to change.

The last time we played Shenmue we found this glitch 5 years ago. It's our one claim to fame in the Shenmue World. O:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExFfHciRSFA

It's the same TV in the background of the picture as the video..

this is too awesome!!!
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jed » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 am

Made me laugh
Jed
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates