Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby spinksy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Ah ok I was well off then haha - the rapport system actually sounds really dam cool.
(certainly gives a lot more meaning to the game and to doing stuff properly)!

As for the Sony funding as said I think it was more a case of the kickstarter was literally just to test the waters and oce Sony saw the love and interest they backed it.
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby Ziming » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:57 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenmuehua » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:57 pm

He just doesn t give a shit.

He says to see with Third party (Gio Corsy)
Shenmuehua

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:58 pm

3 MILLION!!

Fuck yea! Come on i want to get to 4 million and thats me very happy
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby pianoBrad » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Cheers to 3 mil! 30 days to go, hoping we get more details soon on those additional stretch goals.

The more I think about the potential HD Remasters of 1 & 2, combined with the fact that we won't actually see the next Shenmue in playable form for quite some time, I have a feeling we'll be looking at another E3 announcement on those..just spreading out the hits in order to sustain good will and attention. If everything gets announced and revealed at the start of the dev campaign, there'll be long winters of meaningful info which could kill momentum on the public side.
pianoBrad
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:12 pm

I hope that yu suzuki actually has some surprises up in his sleeves. And that the momentum doesnt slow down.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Actually thinking about it, over 2 years development of Shenmue 3 would allow Sega a bit of time to move on it. But the problem is this, currently there are 38,377 backers for Shenmue 3. If you sold a game at $50 and were garunteed that the number of backers would buy a HD bundle of Shenmue and Shenmue 2, that would only make 1,918,850. Minus the upscale, localization, manpower and promotion, what would be left for a profit? Is that a good enough profit for Sega?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 pm

still going strong at around 10k an hour, this is unusual after the first few days of a kick starter, it usually tails off much more by this point. to put this into perspective, we only need to maintain less than $1500 per hour to hit the 4 million target by the end of the kick starter. so even if this hourly number should half we will exceed the 4 million by a decent margin.

and to people who think Sony's implied help is slowing it down; if anything its keeping the momentum up through good press.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:19 pm

There will be a lull, but then another big push at the end. I hope and think it will make 4 millions and clear the stretch goals.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 pm

^There're more stretch goals past the $4M mark we just don't know what they're yet.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 pm

4 Million was only to fully realise the first area though wasn't it? The video seemed to suggest that if we want all three areas we will have to go far beyond the 4 million mark.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:29 pm

mue 26 wrote: 4 Million was only to fully realise the first area though wasn't it? The video seemed to suggest that if we want all three areas we will have to go far beyond the 4 million mark.

well if that's true (and re watching the video it seems that way) I highly doubt we will get all the areas. The best we can hope for is it doesn't slow down from its current pace which would put you at around 9 - 10 million. But I don't see how it can maintain 10k an hour like it is right now.

Personally from what I've seen in previous kick starters the best we are gonna get is around 5-6 million in my opinion.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:41 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
mue 26 wrote: 4 Million was only to fully realise the first area though wasn't it? The video seemed to suggest that if we want all three areas we will have to go far beyond the 4 million mark.

well if that's true (and re watching the video it seems that way) I highly doubt we will get all the areas. The best we can hope for is it doesn't slow down from its current pace which would put you at around 9 - 10 million. But I don't see how it can maintain 10k an hour like it is right now.

Personally from what I've seen in previous kick starters the best we are gonna get is around 5-6 million in my opinion.

That''s sort of exactly why I wish they would show the other Stretch Goals lol. A truly impressive feature could really invigorate the cause.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 pm

LikeZoinksYo wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:

That''s sort of exactly why I wish they would show the other Stretch Goals lol. A truly impressive feature could really invigorate the cause.

Agreed. I'm actually really itching to find out what they may be.
elmatto

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:48 pm

LikeZoinksYo wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:

I've been saying this since day 1. People think that 4.5 Million is the end of the campaign, when its really not. The video shows the other 2 locations with ?Million and we NEED to get them. We want Yu to make the game he has always wanted to, not a cut down version. The only way people will realise this, is if the kickstarter release the other stretch goals soon. I fear that they are going to wait until the 4.5 Million is backed and then drop the bomb that there are more lol I think that we should all use the ask a question button on the kickstarter and ask them if they can make it a lot clearer that 4.5 Million is not the end. What you guys think?
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates