Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby spinksy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 am

I did'nt realise you can change your donation amount - think I might bump mine up to $250 so I can get the in game custom jacket lol
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby squall » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:45 am

I really still can't believe this is even happening. Granted though I haven't posted on here ever, I registered long ago, I come somewhat regularly to read/lurk/etc. I google for any news every few months. Just clinging to a hope that eventually....

And then yesterday blew my mind. I hadn't even heard about Mother yet (I had had a busy weekend!), then I saw Final Fantasy VII Remake (which I thought was pretty huge news) ... but then as I was looking for some articles about FF7 ... I see the news about Shenmue III. And everything else faded, and was more or less forgotten. My chest got kind of tight, and I could barely talk. I didn't even read the whole article past that it had REALLY been announced and wasn't a joke. I just got giddy. I had my wife pinch me. I really couldn't believe that it was reality.

This morning, I'm still in a little bit of shock. I haven't even backed the project yet. I know that I would like to go for $300. But, I am married, and still take my vows seriously. LOL. So I am waiting to figure out a balance between donation & marital harmony. I will certainly be making a donation though. Because I would have bought a PS4 just for this game. Funny, I had been almost regretting it because there just isn't much available for it that I care about. No longer do I have any feelings of regret. Shenmue III on PS4. \:D/

Side question: Anyone else wonder if maybe a retail physical version for PS4 will be offered...just not as a Kickstarter reward (since they said Kickstarter will only be offering the digital download for PSN)? I really want a physical copy dang it! But in the end, all that truly matters is getting Ryo & Shenhua out of the cave, and getting Lan Di!

In closing... how many times have people said people holding out hope for Shenmue III were idiots, and that it would never happen? How many jokes (and not all on April 1st) on gaming websites have been made about the fans, or the impossibility? I don't know how many either, but it's happened countless times over the last 14 years. Well, congratulations to everyone who never gave up hope! The most amazing & immersive game experience ever conceived is being resurrected. Thank you Yu Suzuki for loving your creation, and never giving up! (and yes, I realize he is not going to read this, LOL).
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

I'm so eager to hear more about the development and the stretch goals and I cannot WAIT to see what those toy capsules look like.
As I said in another thread, it would be a smart move from Sega to man up and get S1 and S2 out asap on via PSN and steam to make a quick buck!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

So if I get the $175 tier, I get all the other rewards below that tier, correct?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 am

phpBB [video]

:rotflmao:

killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am

gonna flog some junk on ebay and try and raise some extra coin for the fund.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenji-kun » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

I just hope we (bakers) could suggest to the team a more faithfull modelisation of Ryo.
Because I don't recognise Shenfa and Ryo 8-[
Last edited by Kenji-kun on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenji-kun
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby csmakio » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:57 am

i never thought this day would come \:D/
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:59 am

By the way....Gentlemen, we owe it to our past selves to discover time travel and go back in time to tell our past selves that the day shall indeed come...Where is the time machine kickstarter?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Taren Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:01 am

Shenfa looks okay. Ryo looks too... White, I guess. I dunno, his face just doesn't look right.
Taren Fox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shenhua legend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:12 am

Kenji-kun wrote: Image

I just hope we (bakers) could suggest to the team a more faithfull modelisation of Ryo.
Because I don't recognise Shenfa and Ryo 8-[

I don't think we should worry about that, probably it was done very quickly. But I wonder if they will go for a more realistic and less "cartoony" character design.
shenhua legend

Postby japalp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 am

Totally awesome! I was thinking maybe HD remakes, but this was phenomenal! To see it funded in a few hours is really incredible and I hope it reaches all stretch goals.

Since I am not on Facebook, Twitter, etc., I need to thank everyone.

Thanks to Yu Suzuki for giving us fans a chance to realize our dream and your willingness to do it.

Thanks to Sony, Adam Boyes and Gio Corsi, for their support.

Thanks to Team Yu for their tireless efforts to keep this franchise in everyone's minds.

Special thanks to the Shenmue Dojo who have provided a place for all of us for the past 14 years to discuss, hope and re-live this great franchise.

Finally, NO THANKS to all other publishers out there who doubted the fan base for this game.

Congrats everyone - now starts the long wait to December 2017.

japalp has received 2 thanks from: HazDS, 5150
japalp
Dojo Actuary
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 am

Hi everyone, I can't believe my eyes! All my friends contacted me this morning to tell me the miracle that happened at Sony's press conference.

I just pledged for the $310 one, this is sooo exciting! I'm so happy that I have something to look forward over the years and for all of us to be involved in the development of, this is insane! I can't believe it's happening!
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby JohnBlack » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:15 am

japalp wrote: Totally awesome! I was thinking maybe HD remakes, but this was phenomenal! To see it funded in a few hours is really incredible and I hope it reaches all stretch goals.

Since I am not on Facebook, Twitter, etc., I need to thank everyone.

Thanks to Yu Suzuki for giving us fans a chance to realize our dream and your willingness to do it.

Thanks to Sony, Adam Boyes and Gio Corsi, for their support.

Thanks to Team Yu for their tireless efforts to keep this franchise in everyone's minds.

Special thanks to the Shenmue Dojo who have provided a place for all of us for the past 14 years to discuss, hope and re-live this great franchise.

Finally, NO THANKS to all other publishers out there who doubted the fan base for this game.

Congrats everyone - now starts the long wait to December 2017.

I bet we will see HD remakes. If SIII set to 2017, so i think there is no real reason to release hd now. It pretty much can be announced on the next e3, or maybe even right before SIII will came out.
JohnBlack

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 am

He shoulda asked for more. :lol:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates