Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:37 pm

mue 26 wrote: At this point, I really can't seem to bring myself to give a toss about what his face looks like, as long as we're getting the game. But I'm sure it'll improve, it's such early days.

It's funny how people used to go on about how they would be content about getting a book to finish the story yet now that they're getting an actual game they're whining about some placeholder character models.

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby blacktorn » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 pm

KiD wrote:
elmatto wrote: Looks like it's finally started to slow. Been sitting at 2.7 for a while now.
Still have 31 days to go. Hopefully we can hit the stretch goals.

Yea, I fear we won't get to 4 million. 4 million stretch goal is the one we as fans would want most, more ground to cover and more mini games!

But that's not even close to being their final stretch goal...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czh4RcR3iRM

According to that promo vid 3 areas will be made available to the stretch goals,expansion of Baisha at 4M,then Choubu and Bailu Village,not sure if those are additional expansions or are added altogether stretch goals,however i hope they start adding them soon because the funds will stop coming in without any meaningful reasons to add funding .

I'm personally hoping for a ps4 physical copy reward but i don't think it's going to happen as sony actually want to make money on this deal so they are only offering a pc physical copy reward.

Don't worry about this not making 4 million,it's almost at 3...i would seriously believe shenmue 3 is going to be the most successful project on kickstarter...shenmue I&II Hd remasters are probably going to come in last at an extra million or two...SEGA is starting to see the real potential of their abandoned IP...i hope
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby PILMAN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:45 pm

I haven't posted in some time but when I heard the news I nearly screamed in excitement, had to withhold it though, but I just put down 100 bucks.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueWeb2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Holy crap, LanDC! That's friggin awesome. I know you and others put in a lot of great work over the years after I disappeared. I'm so happy to see it paying off!
ShenmueWeb2
Asia Travel Representative

Postby elmatto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 pm

south carmain wrote:
mue 26 wrote: At this point, I really can't seem to bring myself to give a toss about what his face looks like, as long as we're getting the game. But I'm sure it'll improve, it's such early days.

It's funny how people used to go on about how they would be content about getting a book to finish the story yet now that they're getting an actual game they're whining about some placeholder character models.

Oh yeah I completely agree. My post wasn't really a complaint. Just hopes moving forward. Like I said I'm actually okay with the new look/style they're going for.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kentalis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Well damn.

I checked these forums maybe once a month, but it's been so long since I signed in I'm pretty sure I lost my old account, not even sure what e-mail it's attached to.

I think I actually teared up a bit when I saw it and heard the music, my wife just didn't understand haha.

My only regret is that I didn't get in on the kickstarter fast enough to get that jacket.
Kentalis
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Mortal Online

Postby ShenmueWeb2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Kentalis wrote: Well damn.

I checked these forums maybe once a month, but it's been so long since I signed in I'm pretty sure I lost my old account, not even sure what e-mail it's attached to.

I think I actually teared up a bit when I saw it and heard the music, my wife just didn't understand haha.

My only regret is that I didn't get in on the kickstarter fast enough to get that jacket.

Ha, same here! Got a new name... it's been about 12 years since I've been active :( Good to be back!
ShenmueWeb2

Postby wdrpgwd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 pm

My brother and I opened the $250 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue tonight to celebrate. We are both 35 and don't play games much anymore. That is about to change.

The last time we played Shenmue we found this glitch 5 years ago. It's our one claim to fame in the Shenmue World. O:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExFfHciRSFA

It's the same TV in the background of the picture as the video..

wdrpgwd has received 2 thanks from: goaliefrk, 5150
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 pm

YES! Awesome photo! My type of guys, pass this Irish fella a glass or three.

No, no wait, then I get naked and post pics. I'm good with my water.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby scarless landi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Hopefully they get him to reprise his role.

https://twitter.com/coreymarshallVO/sta ... 9592889345
scarless landi

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:27 am

I just heard about this. I immediately went to kickstarter to donate $100, but then I saw that the goal was reached and I was ultra happy. Let me explain my feelings on this:

SOIHADIHOUIY B&*(@UIQ*U (_)FGJU OFOU_)(@#UH _(EU)()*U ()#Y$H&U(G HJ)*(EO YU#R(_ #U*()I OH MY FUCKING GAWWWWDDDD AHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAA

Fuck I am so happy. God damn holy shit, this is news I can masturbate to. If anyone lives near the DC area wants to party, let me know. All drinks on me.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 am

I don't think I posted in this thread yet.

I am happy.

Tomato Convenience Store has received a thanks from: goaliefrk
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:Fuck I am so happy. God damn holy shit, this is news I can masturbate to. If anyone lives near the DC area wants to party, let me know. All drinks on me.

I'd love for you to go to a bar, have someone question you as to why you're celebrating, and you answer "we're excited that a 14 year old videogame is finally getting the sequel it deserves after so much waiting".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:02 am

Kenny wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:Fuck I am so happy. God damn holy shit, this is news I can masturbate to. If anyone lives near the DC area wants to party, let me know. All drinks on me.

I'd love for you to go to a bar, have someone question you as to why you're celebrating, and you answer "we're excited that a 14 year old videogame is finally getting the sequel it deserves after so much waiting".

We will be so excited that they will want to buy the game as well, even if they are not a gamer.

EDIT: Just found out that it will come to the PC, my favorite platform. Holy shit, donating my $100 right now.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: south carmain
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby 5150 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:17 am

mue 26 wrote: Same man! It feels like we really need a UK Shenmue meet up. I want to tumultuously celebrate this news, but everyone in the real world I've desperately tried to preach to today just thinks I have mental problems...

We'll definitely do it soon though!

Same again, if you guys were to do a meet up I'd possibly come along if it was somewhere in the north (Manchester, Sheffield, etc.)

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates