Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:15 am

Ealynn wrote: Don't be too disheartened by the 10M - according to kicktraq we're still going strong! https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/ - the current trend will drop a bit of course (it projected 33M at day one, but it was an insane day ofcourse), but if we keep this up, 10M will be possible! Keep up the good spirits!

Honestly, Kicktraq estimation is highly fanciful. 10M will be a rude, rude task and a lot of mobilization is needed.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:35 am

Suzuki says tiers will be added between $500 to $3000, which will generate more funding from existing pledgers. I think it's safe to assume we'll hit the $5M with ease. The big question is how close to $10M will it be by the end of the project.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: LikeZoinksYo
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:43 am

Mitsuzuki wrote: Suzuki says tiers will be added between $500 to $3000, which will generate more funding from existing pledgers. I think it's safe to assume we'll hit the $5M with ease. The big question is how close to $10M will it be by the end of the project.

That will be real nice.

--On an unrelated note, Joe Martineau if you are on these forums. Please chill the heck out, your constant belly aching over the PS4 is not helping by any means. It's just perpetuating a myth, and furthermore you are filling the Kickstarter page with pointless arguments and troll baiting. Neither of which are a thing that is helpful or constructive to the cause.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SheepheadCG » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:58 am

Tell me about it lol I understand people are sad that there is no Physical PS4 game on the Kickstarter but it has been said in the FAQ and 100's of times that this can not happen. There will be a Physical PS4 game at release ofcourse, so pledge now to get your collectors PC box, and any other bonus' you want, and then by the Physical PS4 game in 2 years when its out.

You are here because you love shenmue and you want to help be a part of creating the best Shenmue 3 that can be made, not to sit around and cry because you are not getting some shit box. Don't be the reason that the Kickstarter is stalling, put your money where your mouth is and help back the game you love...
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby 8bitRyo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 am

GUYS ! we really need to shift into high gear here & get organized to reach that 10 MIL ! that means reaching out to gamers EVERYWHERE to get them to pledge at least $ 29.-
what really pisses me off is how sony sold their role in all this to the public, with their bullshit cryptic remarks ala "we're helping out" or "we're putting our horsepower behind it". i really think they have done more harm than good. sure the kickstarter reveal at their keynote was nice, but i think it would not have done much differently without that. the fanbase was always there and ready to help out.
at this point we have to assume that main game funding is coming only from kickstarter, and that means getting those damn numbers up (especially backer numbers) is PRIORITY number 1
we have waited 14 years for this chance and now it is here. this is our 27 day window of opportunity to make it happen.
the success of this kickstarter is not only important for shenmue 3 , but the possibilty of a shenmue 4, 5 as well ! also, if this game cant achieve decent quality due to insufficient funding, then shenmue could become the laughing stock of the gaming industry. that would be the nightmare scenario for us fans & yu suzuki.
now is not the time to relax, lets make the impossible possible. for the legacy of shenmue, the future of shenmue and for yu suzuki. 10 MILLION ! - LETS GET SWEATY !!
Last edited by 8bitRyo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
8bitRyo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: The Wolf Among Us

Postby LikeZoinksYo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:39 am

Yeah I'm hitting all the twitch pages right now. Kinda Funny Games has a huge community, if we have anyone in the Dojo that can post on their private forums that'd be amazing. But just getting the word out in the chats is pretty big too. They're not even online, for instance, and there's hundreds and hundreds of people connected to the chats.

Sodapoppin is a big twitch personality too. . . but I've avoided his channel because of the extremely toxic trolls. Perhaps I should just dive in and see what happens.
LikeZoinksYo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:06 am

Guys, this is the ticket to $10 million. I've updated the "$30 on the 3rd" forum to explain my goal for getting Yu $10 million. It's VERY attainable: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47801

Please get the linked thread stickied if you, too, think it's the best route.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:10 am

LikeZoinksYo wrote: Yeah I'm hitting all the twitch pages right now. Kinda Funny Games has a huge community, if we have anyone in the Dojo that can post on their private forums that'd be amazing. But just getting the word out in the chats is pretty big too. They're not even online, for instance, and there's hundreds and hundreds of people connected to the chats.

Sodapoppin is a big twitch personality too. . . but I've avoided his channel because of the extremely toxic trolls. Perhaps I should just dive in and see what happens.

Don't worry about Sodapoppin dude, I donated him $3 last night so he could see my message. I first asked him if he'd played the original Shenmue games, and then gave him the kickstarter link, and he said that he hadn't even heard of it.

Will find the timestamp in his video for proof.

http://www.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/v/6360232?t=1h39m38s - Click and wait, it will load from the exact time :)
Last edited by James Brown on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby bikingjehuty » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am

I am very optimistic about us reaching that 10-million dollar goal, especially since Yu said he will be including more intermediate stretch goals between $500 and $3000. This will entice a lot of backers (myself included) to up their pledges considerably in order to attain cooler stuff. It will surely bring in a few backers that have yet to pledge.

This is all a dollars game and the more they do to get new backers and have current backers increase their pledges, the more likely we will reach that magical 10-million! I can't see this KS hitting anything under 7-million, even at the slower pace it has reached. We can do this!
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby bikingjehuty » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:20 am

I will also add that adding more intermediate stretch goals will greatly help as well. I think Ys Net needs to put at least 2- stretch goals to buffer the long haul between 3.5 million and 4-million. It is a great way to boost commitment moral and give people something on the way to much larger goals.
bikingjehuty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:24 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Ealynn wrote: Don't be too disheartened by the 10M - according to kicktraq we're still going strong! https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/ - the current trend will drop a bit of course (it projected 33M at day one, but it was an insane day ofcourse), but if we keep this up, 10M will be possible! Keep up the good spirits!

Honestly, Kicktraq estimation is highly fanciful. 10M will be a rude, rude task and a lot of mobilization is needed.

Especially when you take in the overall graph at the bottom and follow the line with your eyes. There's absolutely no way that by the end of the graph at this current state the blue line will even come close to the green line that's being projected.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby shenhua legend » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:31 am

shenhua legend
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Asthenia® » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Shenmue fans, you can use these banners in order to promote this project. http://imgur.com/a/PplsJ

Asthenia® has received a thanks from: Amir
Asthenia®
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Asthenia® wrote: Shenmue fans, you can use these banners in order to promote this project. http://imgur.com/a/PplsJ

Great banners, my only suggestion would be to maybe include the #10millionForShenmue3 hashtag? People might just go to the Kickstarter and think it's already reached its goal (not our fault, I know...).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 pm

I promoted the Kickstarter with a short little video on my itty bitty YouTube channel. I won't reach a lot of people as pretty much every one of my subscribers has heard of it somewhere else I guess but since it's a channel dedicated to Shenmue I had to put something together.

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Giorgio
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates