Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Postby elmatto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Looks like it's finally started to slow. Been sitting at 2.7 for a while now.
Still have 31 days to go. Hopefully we can hit the stretch goals.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I hope Sony didn't inadvertently hurt the kick starter by chiming in so quick with their support. I'd hate to think that now a lot of potential supporters are now holding back thinking "Oh, Guess Yu doesn't need my help now. Sony's got it".

Sonikku has received a thanks from: mue 26
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Every developer says you don't have to have played the previous game when working on a sequel as it lowers the chance of new people thinking about jumping in.

Honestly though after this Kickstarter and we know what the extra stretch goals are we should work on tweeting at Sony about I&II HD. They take the building the list thing very seriously so let them know we want to have our entire journey on Playstation and not just Shenmue III. Let them know we want to carry over our saves like we did on the Dreamcast.

After the Kickstarter is over a tweetathon should be arranged for later in the year.

At this point #buildingthelist is basically #rebuildingSEGA
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby James Brown » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Too be honest, just because Sony have announced that they are helping with the game, and adding their own funding...I don't understand why you would withdraw your kickstarter funding? The reason I say this is because you are essentially still buying the game through this means, and I would have thought at a much reduced price. I mean if Shenmue 3 had just been released straight to console, surely the digital version would be like £49.99 or something, whereas this way you get the game for $29 which is crazy cheap. In a way, Kickstarter could have been used to test the water in terms of fan base and demand, and keeping the tiers and items at a reasonable price because of purely that, demand testing. Like a few people have said, there could have been more higher tiers beyond $500, but maybe Sony and Yu knew that the tiers and packages they have made available would be more than enough to test to see if the $2 mil is manageable and then take the game to the next level safe in the knowledge that they have not only already marketed and sold copies of the game, but it's been such a strong start and a strong 24 hours that it's worth their time and money now.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Nahovil » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 pm

I just found out. What the fuck, I can't believe it.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shendude » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 pm

I think it will reach the $4 million mark for sure. I know I have two more paychecks before the Kickstarter ends and I definitely want to have an unopened copy.
shendude
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby erojas388 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:09 pm

I can care less if sony is funding! A true fan of this would see that as a good thing and still pledge to the kickstarter! I just hope that trailer with the bad voice acting was not indicative of the final product. I hope all of the original voice actors make it to shenmue 3 as theyve probably gotten better at their craft by now....lol. I also hope suzuki stays true to the original style of the first 2 and doesnt try to do too much to this.
erojas388
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MercurousSnake » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Back from the dead and back to this forums. Don't worry I've been very much active at Shenmue 500k group on Facebook but I just had to come back and say..guys it finally happened. Of course as of last night I pledged $100 to this and backed it. Hard to believe this is real but GOD DAMN SHENMUE IS REAL FOLKS!
MercurousSnake
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: MercurousSnake
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby elmatto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Anyone else fine with the new look? I mean, Ryo could look a bit more japanese but for the most part I'm okay with what they have shown us.
elmatto

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Does anyone think this may be semi episodic? I just worry so much about another "Shenmue 3" situation after 3 is released if the story isn't over. If sales don't meet projections we will absolutely never get 4. I just have to get revenge....that poor mother cat. Mimi/Chibi/Sasuke's mother will be avenged.

But I don't want just the next chapter. I want the completion of the story.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 pm

elmatto wrote: Anyone else fine with the new look? I mean, Ryo could look a bit more japanese but for the most part I'm okay with what they have shown us.

It's not final. Just a teaser of the concept of a "this gen" Shenmue. Ryo will look like he always has in the end. The leaves were beautiful. I'm so looking forward to FREE in a modern Shenmue.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm

At this point, I really can't seem to bring myself to give a toss about what his face looks like, as long as we're getting the game. But I'm sure it'll improve, it's such early days.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby blacktorn » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Shenmue III is definitely not going to see the conclusion of the saga...no indication of that whatsoever...i would guess With the right amount of support on shenmue III YU will try to fully flesh out of the saga in 5 parts,we may not see the final conclusion for a long long time...
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KiD » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 pm

elmatto wrote: Looks like it's finally started to slow. Been sitting at 2.7 for a while now.
Still have 31 days to go. Hopefully we can hit the stretch goals.

Yea, I fear we won't get to 4 million. 4 million stretch goal is the one we as fans would want most, more ground to cover and more mini games!
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby blacktorn » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
elmatto wrote: Anyone else fine with the new look? I mean, Ryo could look a bit more japanese but for the most part I'm okay with what they have shown us.

It's not final. Just a teaser of the concept of a "this gen" Shenmue. Ryo will look like he always has in the end. The leaves were beautiful. I'm so looking forward to FREE in a modern Shenmue.

Then why not just put together a render of 'Classic' Ryo and shenhua...doesn't make much sense to me what they did there.
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates