Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:20 pm

^ Fair enough. Everybody should contribute what he/she can, according to the personal situation they're currently living in.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenSun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:44 pm

The Ryo figure is sold out. Really wanted that one.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:12 pm

When do they charge Paypal? Can you still back out, even after it's been charged? I wonder if it's just another asshole who's gonna bail out on the last day. Don't know if that's possible with Paypal though.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:58 pm

How frequently will the total donations be updated?
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby blacktorn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Peter wrote: I can't see anything new, just what's left over from the Kickstarter. I will be waiting until the very end of December to see how much savings I have accumulated by then. Fingers crossed I will be able to throw another $5500 onto the fire for the sculpture and jacket. I don't know though, I will think about it because that would mean I will have given this project more than enough money.

HOW MUCH!?! I'm sorry i know Yu needs support and people should be able to pledge support for the game but there are limits and i personally/morally think giving that much to Yu is just wrong...please don't do that and put your money to better uses...Is this what Yu expects his fans to do in order to fund the rest of shenmue? Shame on Yu and anyone who would give him so :shock:
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Yea.... maybe i should give it to some refugees. Or a presidential campaigner.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:22 pm

blacktorn wrote:
Peter wrote: I can't see anything new, just what's left over from the Kickstarter. I will be waiting until the very end of December to see how much savings I have accumulated by then. Fingers crossed I will be able to throw another $5500 onto the fire for the sculpture and jacket. I don't know though, I will think about it because that would mean I will have given this project more than enough money.

HOW MUCH!?! I'm sorry i know Yu needs support and people should be able to pledge support for the game but there are limits and i personally/morally think giving that much to Yu is just wrong...please don't do that and put your money to better uses...Is this what Yu expects his fans to do in order to fund the rest of shenmue? Shame on Yu and anyone who would give him so :shock:

Sacrilege! Funding Shenmue 3 at all costs is a moral imperative! :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Sonikku wrote:
blacktorn wrote:

Sacrilege! Funding Shenmue 3 at all costs is a moral imperative! :shock:

^This. If I was rich, I would give him the 4.7m more needed to reach that 11m mark.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Giorgio » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 am

I remember the old days (prior to the actual Shenmue 3 announcement) when many Shenmue fans were saying that they will even sell their kidneys, or if they win the lottery they will donate all those money, in case Shenmue 3 ever gets a crowdfunding campaign... Ah, those were the good days, haha. :P

Now many of them howl with ethics/morality concern trolling, just because Ys Net Inc. decided to give another chance to pledge, for many fans who could not back Shenmue 3's Kickstarter. Drama, cynicism et cetera, are like a pandemia nowadays in the social media.

Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby DEVILLE_David » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 am

I am going to back the project again once I get back to France.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 am

Giorgio wrote: I remember the old days (prior to the actual Shenmue 3 announcement) when many Shenmue fans were saying that they will even sell their kidneys, or if they win the lottery they will donate all those money, in case Shenmue 3 ever gets a crowdfunding campaign... Ah, those were the good days, haha. :P

Now many of them howl with ethics/morality concern trolling, just because Ys Net Inc. decided to give another chance to pledge, for many fans who could not back Shenmue 3's Kickstarter. Drama, cynicism et cetera, are like a pandemia nowadays in the social media.

Absolutely spot on Gio. Well said. Not only are those people not stepping up, but some also criticize and judge those who do? It's crazy.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby blacktorn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Peter wrote: Yea.... maybe i should give it to some refugees. Or a presidential campaigner.

Not trying to tell you how you spend your hard earned money...but i do personally feel sad that fans have to succomb to giving Yu so much of their own personal wealth in order to fund his own project.

Would aynone of guessed they would be spending Thousand/s in order to make shenmue 3 a reality? Just seems wrong and sad to me... :sad:

And i'm going to hazard a guess that some fans have reorganized their prioritizes in order to give the shenmue kickstarter as much as possible and even spend over their means...imagine iF George lucas said to his fans they would never see episode VII unless they coughed up $200 mill to fund it...you know people would sacrifice too much to make that happen...the same with shenmue.
Last edited by blacktorn on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby blacktorn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Giorgio wrote: I remember the old days (prior to the actual Shenmue 3 announcement) when many Shenmue fans were saying that they will even sell their kidneys, or if they win the lottery they will donate all those money, in case Shenmue 3 ever gets a crowdfunding campaign... Ah, those were the good days, haha. :P

...What so your condoning fans selling their kidneys now???....wow

I'm not saying it's wrong to back the project but our emotions/nostalgia for things can get the better of us and makes us more vulnerable of giving more than we can really afford.

I remember reading some people would max out credit cards to fund this...now that is stupid as ****

blacktorn has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
blacktorn
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:23 am

I don't see it as that big of an issue, tbh. I didn't max out my credit card, but I gave what I was willing to give and what I could afford. Now that might be $100 for one person and $10,000 for another. As long as you are able to repay the spendings on your credit card, I guess it's fine.

I had made plans to buy a new phone in September which is not gonna happen now because of Shenmue 3 and I'll have to put off my new phone plans for the time being. But that's fine with me. It was worth it to me. So if others want to max out their credit cards or bank accounts I don't think it's "stupid" to do so. It's their own money and it's not an emotional decision imho. Those people had an entire month to think their Kickstarter contribution over and could have bailed out at any time.

Also, I do agree with you on the fact that it's "sad", Yu has to ask the fans for money to fund S3, but "wrong"? No, I don't think so. Shenmue 3 has been put on halt for 14 years, Sega don't want to finance it which is understandable. Now Yu has been trying fo find an outside investor for many years, which was not successful, so I guess Kickstarter and Paypal was the only way it could have been done.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:32 am

blacktorn wrote:...What so your condoning fans selling their kidneys now???....wow

At least their kidneys! The ideal would be their firstborn children...

All Hail! :D

Repent a.k.a. Pledge! And you/Yu/Shenmue shall be saved...

Note: To apply for membership to the Wudeism cult, please visit this page.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates