Kickstarter Update 51: Poll results & site revamp.

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Kickstarter Update 51: Poll results & site revamp.

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Happy New Year!

Thanks to Shenmue fans everywhere, 2015 saw the start of Shenmue III. 2016 will be a year with noses to the grindstone to make the next installment of Shenmue worthy of the expectations you have entrusted with us. We would like to again ask you for your support and cooperation for all that lay ahead this year.

There are two announcements for the first update of 2016: poll results for the exclusive rewards on PayPal, and the homepage gets a face-lift.

Poll Results

The results are in for the poll posted in the final update of last year asking whether or not Kickstarter Exclusive Rewards should be made available for the Slacker Backer PayPal campaign.

The polling period lasted from December 24, 2015 to January 1, 2016. All Kickstarter Backers who pledged for a reward of $5 or more were eligible to vote. Of the 68,533 eligible Kickstarter Backers, there were 15,110 respondents.

The poll results are posted below. 4,670 of the respondents answered, “Yes, please make the Kickstarter Exclusive Rewards available on PayPal.” 4,009 respondents answered, “No, Kickstarter Exclusive Rewards are for Kickstarter only.” And 6,432 answered, “Either is fine with me.”

Considering the strong response from those of you who felt that the Exclusive Rewards should remain exclusive for the Kickstarter, those Exclusive Rewards will not be made available on the PayPal page as originally promised.

Thank you all for your participation. We hope everyone will continue to let their voices be heard as we go forward with the project.

Shenmue.link

The Shenmue III official website has undergone a renovation. The site has been updated as of January 4th. The Kickstarter Updates will continue to be posted here, along with Shenmue news and development progress reports. The site can be accessed at https://shenmue.link/?en

Links:
Kickstarter Update | Forum Discussion | News Archive
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll results & site revamp.

Postby reptile » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Positivity. Use it when you read this update.
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning here. Fewer people were for not extending the kickstarter goodies than any other option in the poll so... They're doing just that? What was even the point of having the poll?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 am

Sonikku wrote: I'm not sure I understand the reasoning here. Fewer people were for not extending the kickstarter goodies than any other option in the poll so... They're doing just that? What was even the point of having the poll?

I guess this proves voting with these people is pointless.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Return to News and Updates