Ryuji Iuchi Music - Winter Sunset (Dedicated to Rodger Swan)

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Ryuji Iuchi Music - Winter Sunset (Dedicated to Rodger S

Postby Ziming » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:01 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Switch
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby jcjimher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

I reckon this track won't be part of Shenmue III, but I'm sure I'll drop my pants when I hear some music like this in any of the future official Shenmue III trailers or teasers...
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Gastarot » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm

it's so great... this music with Corey Marshall or Masaya Matsukaze voices make Shenmue spirit and feeling at 80%. Yu Suzuki just need to make the last 20% of beautifull Ryo Hazuki face for make the teaser of all fans dream.
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 pm

jcjimher wrote: I reckon this track won't be part of Shenmue III, but I'm sure I'll drop my pants when I hear some music like this in any of the future official Shenmue III trailers or teasers...

You're probably right. This and the Village & Waterside track seem like a way for Iuchi to reacquaint himself with the Shenmue music style and the common instruments used in those games. Great music all the same.

Winter Sunset, IMO, is kind of like a contemporary and more Shenmue II-styled version of Snowy Scenery off the original Shenmue OST.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Spaghetti wrote:
jcjimher wrote: I reckon this track won't be part of Shenmue III, but I'm sure I'll drop my pants when I hear some music like this in any of the future official Shenmue III trailers or teasers...

You're probably right.

Didn't Iuchi himself say that he won't be producing anymore music for Shenmue 3 unless it's needed? From what I understood there's plenty of music still left in the resources YSNet recieved from Sega. I think this was in a tweet he made to a fan, though this was late in 2015 I believe.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:10 am

Here's what I found on Ryuji's Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/ryujiiuchi/status/7 ... 8083862528

There's hope!

Kiske has received a thanks from: Mr357
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:18 am

By the sound of it, circumstances may have changed then! Maybe Yu or Iuchi felt some of the older music may need an update, they didn't fit with Yu's current vision, or something else...? :-k
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Sonoshee wrote: By the sound of it, circumstances may have changed then! Maybe Yu or Iuchi felt some of the older music may need an update, they didn't fit with Yu's current vision, or something else...? :-k

I always assumed the use of older music was more using the composition rather than using the music itself. Music technology has come a long way since the first Shenmue, and some of the tracks produced for the series may have been little more than "sketches" that would be fleshed out if the series went past II.

It seems likely that Iuchi will be rearranging and re-recording these older tracks with modern synths and instruments.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 pm

In case some are wondering, Rodger Swan was behind a Youtube series called "Tokyo Swan/ Iwate Swan" on which episode 39 was entirely focused on a Shenmue Yokosuka pilgrimage. Unfortunately he has passed away back in 2010 due to acute pancreatitis. With Ryuji Iuchi only learning of his death recently, he made the song as a dedication to this shenmue fan.

phpBB [video]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

The new track dedicated to Rodger is so beautiful.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ys » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:08 am

A few weeks ago I wanted to listen to Winter Sunset and Village & Waterside in the Forest but couldn't find them on the Youtube channel. Luckily they were posted on what seems to be Ryuji Iuchi's channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcZ4k ... NOcwp42RfQ

Did he maybe ask to remove them? Copyright reasons? Since I haven't been very active the last few months I searched the forum first but didn't find anything about this.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am

ys wrote: A few weeks ago I wanted to listen to Winter Sunset and Village & Waterside in the Forest but couldn't find them on the Youtube channel. Luckily they were posted on what seems to be Ryuji Iuchi's channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcZ4k ... NOcwp42RfQ

Did he maybe ask to remove them? Copyright reasons? Since I haven't been very active the last few months I searched the forum first but didn't find anything about this.

Yeah he requested to make them private and they were also removed from his channel. Since the music is now back on his channel I'll go ahead an make the videos public again.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ys » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Ah, so he did ask. I wonder why he removed them and now put them back online. Maybe some behind the scenes thing regarding Shenmue 3? Thanks for making the songs public again and hopefully he's ok with it.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to News and Updates