Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Postby Tim Surway » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:37 pm

After all these years SEGA actually doing something about Shenmue is amazing. Although slightly riding on the coattails of Yu who had to go to the fans to fund the third game in the end of years of inaction. Hopefully they make some real effort and it isn't just a lacklustre port to cash in on other people's activity.
Tim Surway
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:23 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: Some screenshots Via IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/14/ ... one-and-pc

Just looking at this image I can tell that this has the same texture differences as the Xbox version and not the DC version.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Stellar news!
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 pm

While I rarely ever post anymore... this is the culmination (yet again) of countless years of longing retweeting emailing and very vocally urging SEGA to do this. So I just had to come in to say CONGRATS and ... I'm so happy.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby BlueMue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:23 am

Brian SII DC vs Xbox wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote: Some screenshots Via IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/14/ ... one-and-pc

Just looking at this image I can tell that this has the same texture differences as the Xbox version and not the DC version.

Very sharp eye, naturally you immediately noticed it. I had to check it and yes there are the usual changes.
Have a screenshot from the Dreamcast from roughly the spot that puts the important things into the picture.

The changes to spot are the wall tiles in the back of the store and the sign behind the watch in this picture.
It's hard to make out but this sign is completely missing on the Xbox and indeed, that screenshot from I & II.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Dojo: "SEGA, while your executives are still sleeping in bed, moderators are working hard on these forums, carefully curating even the thinnest Shenmue HD rumors one by one. So, how can you waste them like that?"

SEGA: "Okaaayyy... I'll publish them." *ewww yuck*

Dojo: Ho ho ho. Goood. That's my multinational video game corporation. *smiles proudly*

KiBa has received a thanks from: BlueMue
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Elevensixty » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you to all the active fans, this would not be happening without your work.
Don't slow down now- hype it up, and push for features, sequels, make Shenmue live!
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby Batosai » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Incredible achievement by the fans and its looking they are catering to many different needs with voice, control system and UI.

I was wondering if people had seen the images posted through the steam product post, they are downsized to fit but can be clicked on to view the original full size version. They are higher quality than the ones posted in this thread so will link them: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5. I think the game is looking nice, can't wait to see some live footage.

Oh and Adam Koralik posted a slight update which gives some new info and hints at much more still unannounced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUP7s3bjVZ0&t=0s
Batosai
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby KiBa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:38 am

All three Shenmue games on PC, natively, is actually far beyond any reasonable hopes I entertained during all our unreasonable moments over the years. Processing....

I might be flying too close to the sun here, but anyone up for petitioning Sega for some Linux ports? Because now I can't think of anything else to ask for, and it would be super cool. And Sonic Mania, please, like as an extra. In a Sega pack with Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Saga. So, yo, Feral Interactive, get to work, you beautiful sailors!

KiBa has received a thanks from: Niowiad
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Ahh_Good » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 am

This is AMAZING! Am I dreaming???

Ahh_Good has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Ahh_Good
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Jake1080p
XBL: Jake360
Nintendo FC: Drakub
Steam: jakeandrew

Postby Coromasta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 am

Guess that I need a new profile pic, great news, now a switch port and were all set.
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:52 am

BlueMue wrote:Image

The changes to spot are the wall tiles in the back of the store and the sign behind the watch in this picture.
It's hard to make out but this sign is completely missing on the Xbox and indeed, that screenshot from I & II.

The missing sign and the wall and floor title changes appear throughout this whole quarter on Xbox.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to News and Updates