May 3rd: 75th Tweetathon

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

May 3rd: 75th Tweetathon

Postby Team Yu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:45 am

Hello Dojo! As you're probably aware by now, Shenmue I+II are available to preorder, which brings a close to the #SaveShenmueHD campaign. So what happens next?

This Thursday, May 3rd, marks the 75th edition of the monthly Shenmue Tweetathon, so there's no better opportunity as an organized community to celebrate #ShenmueSaved, the hashtag chosen by Sega to promote their upcoming release. There'll also be giveaways throughout the day on the @TeamYu Twitter account, posing questions based on the Campaign Timeline available on the newly updated TeamYu.net.

With the campaign project reaching its conclusion, from June onwards fans are invited to continue tweeting an all-purpose #Shenmue hashtag every 3rd to help promote the series in a viral fashion, attracting new interest in Shenmue I+II and Shenmue III to drive sales and support the future of the franchise. Above all, it's just a really fun way to connect with other fans around the world and share in our enthusiasm for a legendary video game, so it would be wrong to let the tradition go to waste now that the campaign is over. We can all just enjoy it now, as it's become as much a part of being a Shenmue fan as looking for sailors and drinking soda in a very particular way. :)

We'd like to thank everyone for your support throughout the campaign, and have gone into more detail on this via Facebook. We hope to see you on Thursday for the 75th Tweetathon celebration!

Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Re: May 3rd: 75th Tweetathon

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:12 am

Congratulations Team Yu! That's a post I never thought I would see after all these years. 75 months. Over 6 years. The celebration is well deserved!

Peter has received a thanks from: Team Yu
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby spud1897 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:51 am

Where has 6 years gone?

What a day!
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby Team Yu » Fri May 04, 2018 4:33 pm

If you missed out on yesterday's event, you can browse a few snippets here.

These include our new 3:33 video:

phpBB [video]

And a live reaction from Sega Europe to the day's tweets:

Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Return to News and Updates